IUI Newbie, needhelp/advice

ababytogether

Reaction score
HI everyone

Hoping someone can help me out with questions

We have been referred to Fertility, our choice as husband had a VR and although was successful, no full term pregnancies, he has low count low motility

He's on fertilaid which has seen everything increase to normal, but I am 38 and time is running out, so we have asked for IUI

Firstly what are the sort of costs for this? We are in the UK, South Devon, so if anyone is in this area that knows it would be appreciated

I have a list of £835 for IUI, but it does not specify what treatments come with that, i.e does it include the drugs, does it include scans, bloods, sperm analysis reports, if we have back to back sperm samples, and they are combined for the transfer, is this an extra cost and if so what is it?

I have a regular 28 day cycle without fail, and lasts 3 days, (lucky I know) so it is almost certain from the doctors side that is it not me stopping a successful pregnancy other than the whole age percentage thing...I have had pre conception bloods and all have come back fine

Just needing advice as to costs, is there anything I should ask, I know that they like to have 5 million post wash count for IUI, but is this a necessity, after all we are paying for it ourselves! We have ruled out IVF totally as we each have children from previous relationships and it would be a huge emotional rollercoaster for us all to go through that (not saying this isn't, but it does seem less intrusive)

Sorry for all the questions, hoping someone can help

Thanks in advance

I think that figure will include the IUI & Scans but not the drugs package. I would ask for details on the conception rate for ladies of your age with male fertility issues.

In my experience IUI is less intrusive, eggs aren't being removed so you aren't knocked out, but it is also a whole lot less controlled.
Round1 - I failed to trigger properly so they redid it 2 days later
Round2a - Abandoned day before trigger due to hyperstimulation
Round2b - Successful but BFN and period arrive when expected
Round3 - Again I failed to trigger, or the follicale was empty. I lacked tender boobs and was sure it had failed, got EWCM 2 weeks later, and period 2 weeks after that.

I was 39 when I started the four rounds which happened over about an 18mth period, held up by hyperstimulated ovaries (twice, round 2a & failed down reg) and by issues with iron levels.

Those were on the NHS or I doubt I would have gone back after the round that was abandoned a question to ask is if a round gets abandoned I assume you will just sit it out and try again but who pays for the 2nd lot of drugs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->