IUI Newbie - Success/Guidance please

faithforbaby

Reaction score
Hello all! So we had our first are you why on Saturday. A little background on me I have PC OS. I have a two-year-old daughter who will be three in May. She was conceived on Clomid and Ovidrel. Since she was born, we have done several rounds of Clomid to try for baby number two with no success. In September I got a BFP, but it sadly end in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks. The doctor felt it was time to move on to IUI, so we did our first one on Saturday. I had a follicle scan on Thursday. I had a 20.5 mm and a 19.5 mm on the right and I had a 20 and a 19 on the left. I did the Ovidrel on Thursday evening. We BD Friday am, Saturday IUI, and Sunday a.m we BDd. My husband sperm count post wash was 88 million, grade 2 and 95% motility. Getting super excited and nervous, does anyone have any insight on these numbers and chances? Would love to hear some IUI success stories. Thank you!

Your husbands counts sound very promising! I had my first IUI in December, Post wash count was only 5 million, they told me that wasn't great but still worth going ahead with the procedure. I think the motility was like 60% or something. You sound like you have great odds here, me on the other hand after reading this I'm wondering how or If we can improve my husbands counts! FYI we are 28 & 29 all tests are good and TTC 17 months. good luck to you, your odds sound amazing to me!

Those numbers sound good to me. I had my fist IUI a little over a week ago. I had 4 follicles as well. My husbands count was 32 million, they said they like to see 10 million and motility was 3.5 out of 4. ( I haven't seen anyone else rate it like this? Maybe I'm confused?) so it seems out odds are good but it's so hard to know if it's really going to work. This last week has been so hard. Waiting another week is going to be rough. Good luck to you!

Your husbands counts sound very promising! I had my first IUI in December, Post wash count was only 5 million, they told me that wasn't great but still worth going ahead with the procedure. I think the motility was like 60% or something. You sound like you have great odds here, me on the other hand after reading this I'm wondering how or If we can improve my husbands counts! FYI we are 28 & 29 all tests are good and TTC 17 months. good luck to you, your odds sound amazing to me!

Thank you so much!! We are 28 and 29 as well! I am crossing my fingers for success. I am trying to keep a positive mind, but it's so hard after the mc. We started back up with fertility November 2014, but have been ttc number 2 for since August 2014. I thought maybe I'd ovulate since having my daughter, but no such luck. Good luck to you! Did they have your hubs obstain prior to IUI? They say that can increase your counts :)

Those numbers sound good to me. I had my fist IUI a little over a week ago. I had 4 follicles as well. My husbands count was 32 million, they said they like to see 10 million and motility was 3.5 out of 4. ( I haven't seen anyone else rate it like this? Maybe I'm confused?) so it seems out odds are good but it's so hard to know if it's really going to work. This last week has been so hard. Waiting another week is going to be rough. Good luck to you!

Good luck to you as well! I am wondering what the number grade means as well. Now that I think about it, I think his was a 3?? Confused as to what that means..lol I know what you mean. The wait will be hard I am NOT LETTING myself test till January 29, which will be 13dpiui ... I am only letting myself test that day instead of Saturday because I will be at the hospital for work and can get me labs drawn! :thumbup: I am just hoping we BDd enough to cover all the bases! 👌🏻

Hi all, I'm doing this next cycle and I'm so nervous. My doc wants to induce multiple follies and I'm nervous about multiples. You all have multiple follies, what did your doc tell you to expect? I'm going to call and get some additional info from my RE but I just wanted to hear what you guys were told to expect.

Mine was comfortable with 4, but some docs won't do it with more than that. Mine didn't work this time. We are going back for our 2nd IUI next Saturday. They like them to be above 17mm to trigger. Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"