• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

IUI the day of or the day after LH surge?

Chopper04

Reaction score
So after 1.5 years of unsuccessfully TTC (and one ectopic), we are on our second cycle of IUI with letrozole. I was super disappointed to see that my surge was this morning - it is usually on day 12 (yesterday) so hubby booked yesterday off work. Well, no surge yesterday. I knew it would be today but was still pretty bummed out because there was no way hubby could get off work today. I called the fertility clinic to see what our options were and was told our only option was to have intercourse tonight - no insemination this month but because I had taken the letrozole, this cycle would still count as one of the 3 IUI cycles that we were approved for. Even more bummed when the nurse told me that!! After moping at work all day, I figured if spend a bit of time on Google... I searched "IUI day after surge" and came across loads of information that gave me hope. Studies saying the inseminations the day after the surge is often more successful than the day of, forums where people were saying the clinic they go to does inseminations 24-36 hours after the surge is detected, etc. I was disappointed our clinic didn't even suggest we go in tomorrow. I am now planning to call them in the am and say that I am still getting a positive reading and that perhaps I made an error today in the hopes that they will do it tomorrow anyways. Am I getting my hopes up? I figure, what do we have to lose? I only have one more IUI after this one and then it's $10k for IVF so I'd rather have the IUI tomorrow for $400 just in case. Anyone been through this? What has the timeline been for your inseminations?

For sure! I would of presumed it would be the day after anyhow? Do you have scans to check your follicle size, lining, etc too?

Did I pick it up right that you are being charged for IUI when u didn't get it even though you could have had it the day after?
Get on that phone now I say :). Good luck

Ps my IUI was always 36 house after my lh surge/ trigger.

I guess I ovulated 35 hours after trigger shot..so iui was done 4 hours after ovulation

Thanks ladies. No, I would not have been charged for not going in (other than what I had already paid for my letrozole rx). But they had said I could do 3 cycles of letrozole and IUI and because I had taken the letrozole, this cycle would still count as one of my 3 even if I didn't get the insemination.

What is 'trigger shot'? I'm guessing that's a positive LH?

I was told to test using at home in the morning using OPK strips and to call in the morning I had my LH surge to schedule my appt for that afternoon. I guess that's how it is done at the fertility clinic we go to, but Google says I should go the following day so we went for it today. Fingers crossed!

Trigger shot is an hcg injection that induces ovulation after 36 to 40 hours

Oh... Like literally, a shot!! Thanks for clarifying! I'm ovulating on my own without that. I wonder how that affects timing of my insemination...

I ovulate on my own too..but i had that trigger to time iui at 11 am
Without the shot you may ovulate late at night or any time which would make it difficult for you and your FS to undergo an iui process

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"