• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

IUI with 5-6 follicles?

Jennamk

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to the forum and hoping to get some idea if other women have had this.

I'm 33, dh is 44. He has a 20 year old and a 14 year old. We have a 4 year old together. She happened within a 1 week timeframe and it was so easy conceiving her.

Since she was born, I've miscarried 4 times. First 2 times were chemical. Then after that my cycle changed and I began spotting cd22 and af full on at cd25. I switched from an ob to an RE and my RE put me on progesterone and estradiol both to keep my period from coming. Progesterone alone wasn't enough.

I tried for another year and got pregnant one time and lost it almost immediately.

This year we are doing iui. I did my first one in July with 3 follicles at 20mm and 17mil sperm and got pregnant with twins. At 8 weeks I miscarried. The first twin never got beyond 5 weeks. The second one had a 55bpm heartrate at 8 weeks and I miscarried the very next day after the ultrasound. Testing showed Trisomy 8 and Trisomy 18.

I'm back now for my 2nd iui. This time, on the day of iui, I had follicles measuring:

27mm
25mm
21mm
21mm
18mm
16mm

Dh's sperm was 27mil with 60% motility.
Now that it's done, I'm starting to be concerned about multiples. I understand my RE was ok with it because I've miscarried so much. Even if I somehow got quads or something I would likely lose some of them...

What do you think? Anyone else have similar follicles?

Holy cow that's a lot of follies! I'm surprised your re didn't cancel this cycle. I would like to find out your outcome!

I don't remember my exact follicle size since it was over 2 years ago but I did do an iui with 5 good follicles ( after 2 bfn iui with 2-3 follicles). At the time doc said my chance of triplets was way way way less than 1%. I'm sure your odds are a bit higher since you can get pregnant and I never seemed to be able to, but I'm sure odds are still pretty small! Good luck- I hope you get a sticky bean or two!

HatetheWait85 - did you get bfp from your 5 follies? How many babies?

Well, I got bfp from my many follicles! I found out just 8dpo/9dpiui. In 6 pregnancies, I've never found out sooner than 13dpiui. The first beta was 13dpiui at 88 and the second beta was 15dpiui at 247. Looks like we have at least one good little bean in there! :happydance:

Nope. My IUI with 5 follies was a BFN. I couldn't even get pregnant with IVF so hopefully your IUI was more succesful!!

Congrats jennamk!!! Curious how many babies...keep us updated. Happy and healthy 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"