IUIs 2014!!! Let's do this!!!

jaan613

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
Thought I'd kick start a new thread for the new year, sending love, positivity and energy to each and everyone one of you :)

Hoping this will be our year :)

Let's continue to support each other :flower:

xoxo

Hi ladies -- I'm new to these threads. We did our 1st IUI on Christmas (FUN!!), so I'm 12 dpiui now... (IUI = Clomid + trigger (1 follicle over 18, 3 around 15; 16 million sperm post-wash); now on progesterone) Blood test is in two days, and OH MY GOD THE WAIT!!! No remarkable symptoms as of yet -- just things that sometimes happen at this time, like headaches and light cramping.

It's hard not to go nuts, AMIRIGHT? Trying not to test on my own until after the blood test. I'm tired of BFN's in the bathroom...

Thanks for starting the new thread Jaan.

I've got my CD8 scan tomorrow so I'm praying for a maximum of 3 good follies. Any more and it's a cancelled cycle with our clinic. I had 2 follies on CD1 at 6mm and 4.8mm (if I remember correctly) so i'm just hoping that they've grown nicely now.

Fingers crossed that this is our year ladies.

Hey Ladies!! Mind if I stalk? I can start iui in a few months :happydance: Just finishing 6th round of clomid and no luck getting my bfp.

:dust:

I'd love to join in!

Finished 6 months of natural trying, including one BFP which ended in a miscarriage. Some need for me to try more aggressively than the average person due to my history of fibroids.

Will be doing clomid 50mg + IUI this cycle. Today is CD1 so the fun starts in a couple of days.

I really hope for great things in 2014. :)

Hello...I may be doing IUI at the end of the month if this cycle is a no. I am natural this cycle just finishing 3 cycles of clomid. So we are doing 50 mg of clomid & IUI with my gyno, unmonitored. Has anyone else done this? So no trigger no ultra sounds. The only issue we seem to have is low sperm count. I O on my own. Also curious about using femera instead of clomid.

Flannelsheets - Yes, the wait is just crazy. I went insane when I had my first IUI, I didnt really know if I was dreaming of symptoms or what. Good luck!! As hard as it is take it easy and just wait and relax. (LOL i dont even follow my own advice.) Let us know how it goes! What a great xmas gift that would be if you get your bfp. hoping and wishing for you! xx

Hello...I may be doing IUI at the end of the month if this cycle is a no. I am natural this cycle just finishing 3 cycles of clomid. So we are doing 50 mg of clomid & IUI with my gyno, unmonitored. Has anyone else done this? So no trigger no ultra sounds. The only issue we seem to have is low sperm count. I O on my own. Also curious about using femera instead of clomid.

Soon as I got on clomid my doctor started with the ultrasounds. I guess because I have PCOS we were not sure how it goes. After clomid for 3 months we moved onto injectibles but saw the results right away. I hear a lot about femara being good like clomid but with less side effects but dont quote me because i never tried it. good luck :)

I'd love to join in!

Finished 6 months of natural trying, including one BFP which ended in a miscarriage. Some need for me to try more aggressively than the average person due to my history of fibroids.

Will be doing clomid 50mg + IUI this cycle. Today is CD1 so the fun starts in a couple of days.

I really hope for great things in 2014. :)

Welcome and best of luck :) We are all in this together!

Welshgem - good luck with your scan - let me us know how it goes :)

Pink kitty - welcome to the crazy world of IUI :)

Hi ladies! I would love to join you. We will be doing our 2nd IUI in March maybe February depending on my travel schedule next month. My 1st IUI was in June and was a BFN. :(

hey girls! i think i will join too. my name is ashley, and we have been ttc #1 for two years. five rounds of clomid resulting in one chemical pregnancy and one ectopic (still have both tubes!), so after a long break we are finally on board to start IUI. I will pick up my provera tomorrow :)
Me-PCOS, annovulatory
DH- normal!
good luck ladies, crossing fingers that jan/feb is our time!

Hi ladies, I've just got back from my hospital appointment and I'm pleased to say it went well.

I've been worrying ever since I started on the injectables that I would over respond on them given that our clinic cancels any cycle with more than 3 follies. I knew on the one monitored cycle I had with Clomid a few years back that I had 5 dominant follies so I was worried this would happen with Gonal-F.

The nurse was scanning and I could blatantly see what looked like a paw print of follicles on my right side with one big one and about 4 smaller ones surrounding it and my heart just sunk. The left side was similar so I was a bit disheartened on my way up to see the FS but to my amazement, she said it was fine. My lining was measuring 8mm thick and is triple striped (which is good apparently :shrug:) and she said I had two dominant follies both at 13mm on each side (although I swear the nurse had called out 16mm on the right side initially). I had two more at 8mm and then the rest were all under 4mm so she said she was happy that none of these would be an issue.

As such I am to stay on the Suprecur and Gonal-F until Friday and then I go back in (CD11) for another scan to check the follies are at least 16mm. All going well, IUI day is Monday 13th! :happydance:

I'm a little worried about my lining; the FS said it needs to be more than 7mm which it is, but is there any chance it could go down or does it only get thicker for hereon in?

Roll on Friday!

Flannelsheets - Yes, the wait is just crazy. I went insane when I had my first IUI, I didnt really know if I was dreaming of symptoms or what. Good luck!! As hard as it is take it easy and just wait and relax. (LOL i dont even follow my own advice.) Let us know how it goes! What a great xmas gift that would be if you get your bfp. hoping and wishing for you! xx

Thanks for your thoughts, Jaan! Less than 24 hrs to go before the bloodwork now... I'll veg out with some Downton. :)

Do any of the rest of you struggle with migraines/headaches during this whole ttc process? I got a terrible one last night and taking Tylenol for it is like trying to stop a freight train with a pistol. Blech. Had to break down and take my class C migraine drug to end the misery. Just venting.

FX for everyone that this process goes smoothly. There are so many varieties of problems and medicines -- I hope we all find stuff that works with minimal side effects!

I'm a little worried about my lining; the FS said it needs to be more than 7mm which it is, but is there any chance it could go down or does it only get thicker for hereon in?

Hi welshgem,

The lining should keep getting thicker...definitey would not get thinner short of something really weird happening. My RE says 7mm is ok (not great) and 8mm or more is what they like to see. You're definitely good. :)

Thanks for your thoughts, Jaan! Less than 24 hrs to go before the bloodwork now... I'll veg out with some Downton. :)

Do any of the rest of you struggle with migraines/headaches during this whole ttc process? I got a terrible one last night and taking Tylenol for it is like trying to stop a freight train with a pistol. Blech. Had to break down and take my class C migraine drug to end the misery. Just venting.

FX for everyone that this process goes smoothly. There are so many varieties of problems and medicines -- I hope we all find stuff that works with minimal side effects!

Yep, I get migraines during the ttc process! Linked to the fabulous hormones for me. I used to get them right around o time and right around af time. Since starting clomid they aren't nearly as frequent!

Hi Ladies
Hoping to come and join the party!

We're starting our first round of IUI this month. I'm on CD9, been on Clomid since CD2. Had a scan yesterday and they found 3 good follicles on my right ovary, one measuring 11, and I have another scan tomorrow.

If all goes well I'm guessing they will do the first lot of treatment at the start of next week.

After trying for the last few years to do it all naturally, and having no success at all, it feels great to be starting something which will hopefully lead to success. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks 3chords, that's good to know!

Hyacinth, you're around the same time in your cycle as me (CD8). I just had my scan today. Fingers crossed this is our month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->