I've accidentally turned into a housewife

emyandpotato

Reaction score
:dohh:

I don't know what happened, when I lived with my parents/at uni I quite happily lived in more than a pigsty but since I have been living with OH and LO I've developed mild OCD about the house :haha: Spent the afternoon polishing everything in sight. I now have the world's shiniest kettle and bin and kitchen tap :dohh: Nesting instinct has well and truly kicked in. Anyone else turned into a Stepford wife after having LO?

wish i had the time!

I did have that when i first moved in with OH, But that was 18 months before i got pregant, so nothing to do with LO. I just liked living i a nice clean house :)....now i dont have 5 mins, get the basics done, but im not gona start polising silver :winkwink:

I am like this! I cant relax in a dirty house x

Yes! and it's just Edie and I (and our housemate) so I can't complain about the mess.

I wish I could be bothered! I do everything that needs doing as much as I can but most the time I go out with Connie while OH is at work so avoid it, house is always clean and mostly tidy but drives me mad when i tidy it and within hours its back how it was.... I did do a lot when i was pregnant though when i used to wake up at 5 oclock and do it all hah! x

Every night I do a big clean just before bed, I can't sleep knowing that everything is a pig stye!

:haha:

I'm not quite where I'd like to be with my organization, because we've recently moved, but yes. I'm especially into the home-cooked meals every night. I love cooking! My DH is spoiled. :D

yes, lol ever since i was pregnant with Aiden it drives DH crazy!!! lol

christ I know what you mean! I've asked for so many rubbish things for christmas like baking stuff, sewing stuff, a kindle to read in bed, a moka pot, cookbooks and a fancy cake stand. that's all i want! and i don't know why! i feel like an ironic housewife more than anything though...also asked for a floral hip flask to keep in the pocket of the cath kidston apron i'll eventually get for a little bit of sanity

I can't go to bed or leave the house to go somewhere unless it is CLEAN. I usually spend my weekends (when I'm not at work) cleaning up the house, organizing things, catching up on washing, etc. But when I go to bed, I am obsessed with making sure all toys are put away, all dishes are clean and put away, etc.. I'm really really OCD, it's awful. I hate when pillows are disorganized too, they have to be in the same exact spot. OH always throws them around the house before we leave to make me mad, it's SO annoying, he has no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->