I've been predicted TWINS!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Aimeewaymee, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Aimeewaymee

Aimeewaymee My 2 Precious Princesses

So my auntie who has had twins before rekn that I'm having twins as I'm only 7wk 2days and since I've found out I have had a rock hard stomach and look like I'm about 3 months pregnant. Yesterday my aunties friend done the whole necklace to palm trick (which she very much believes in and things have come true for her when she's asked questions). Sometimes it doesn't work and she'll ask if it's ok to douce and 4 times for her yesterday she did it and it came with the same answers all times. She asked is Aimee having 1 baby? It swung back and forth which ment no, then she asked is she having 2 babies? It started swinging around in a circle. Then she asked it if I was going to have girls and swung back and forth and then asked if it was boys and it circled! She asked me if I wanted anything else to asked so I asked if they will be identical and it circled her palm. She didn't falsely do it herself as my auntie and OH was there watching. I found it soo spooky! X

2. Koolmami

Koolmami Guest

Hiya!

Congratulations! I had someone predicting twins too! Someone we know touched my fiance's shoulder and told him that we were going to have 2 girls next year! This was a few days before I've foud out I'm pregnant! I've been TTC since April and finally last week I had the BFP! I'm 4-5 weeks pregnant and still can't believe it! :happydance:

3. zlrckbdp

zlrckbdp Well-Known Member

That's so cool, I would love to know the results after your 12 week scan.
    I hope you get what you want, best of luck :flower:

4. Aimeewaymee

Let me know what the outcome is when u have ur first scan :) how exciting! X

5. Aimeewaymee

Hopefully il get a scan sooner il put some pics up once I have them :) x

6. Koolmami

Koolmami Guest

Of course I'll let you know, girls! :thumbup:

Going to the Dr's tonight as I had to register in a new place. I'm not hoping for much info tonight but at least it will be nice to tell someone I'm pregnant! lol

7. Aimeewaymee

I know how u feel! I wasn't going to tell anyone for a while but I've told everyone now, I wasn't going to bother with the doctors but I started feeling I'll tonight so have decided to come and am currently waiting as we speak. Needed some new inhalers and want to know what I can use because I'm all stuffy! I read on olbas oil that that prefers if pregnant to seek doctors, but I understand that they do a child's 1 so I wonder if I can use that?

X

8. Koolmami

Koolmami Guest

Aimeewaymee, I can't really advice you on that one. How did it go? I went to Dr last night and it was a bit of a waste of time to be honest. He told me everything I knew already and that's it, he asked me to make an appointment with a midwife. Got that scheduled for the 7/12, I can't wait! Apparently the first session lasts 45 minutes. Probably going through basics but not sure if they will do any tests at this stage? x

9. Aimeewaymee

Well I got my new inhalers and I got my answer to what I can use I can use throat sweets and vapour rub. I've been drinking honey and lemon tea but today I feel rough. Most probably because whilst I was there the doc gave me my flu jab. My poor body lol. Your right about the first midwife app, they just go through what u want etc and get a blood test and urine sample from ur FMU. That's it then normally until ur dating scan. X

10. meant2bamummy

meant2bamummy Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best!

11. Koolmami

Koolmami Guest

@Aimeewaymee Actually, that's a good point... I haven't been offered the flu jab. Did you ask for it? Maybe the midwife will ask when I see her? :confused:
    At least your Dr's visit was worthwile.

Hope you feel better soon. x

12. Koolmami

Koolmami Guest

@meant2bamummy :hi: Are you expecting twins? Did you find that out in your 12 week scan? Is there a history of twins in your family? Congratulations by the way! :dance:

13. notmommyyet

notmommyyet Well-Known Member

As for as I know the palm and stomach test tells you what sex your baby is going to be, If it goes back and forth its a boy if its going in circles its a girl.

14. Aimeewaymee

I had a letter from the surgery for a flu jab anyway because of my Athena but I also got told from a friend that's it's dangerous to have a flu jab in first tri? Unless she's chatting aload of poo! I'm quite nervous though just incase she is telling the truth.. Feeling alot better today. Still have a bunged up nose and last night all went down on my chest but coughing up stuff which is making me like a normal person again :)

Ask ur GP surgery about a flu jab. X

15. Aimeewaymee

16. mommylam

mommylam Pregnant-Mother of 3 boys

There is no danger to getting the flu shot in the first trimester. I got mine when I was only 5 weeks along!!! There is so much information that flies around about getting the flu jab but it's my understanding that it's more dangerous to get the flu when your pregnant than to just get the jab!!!

17. Aimeewaymee

[/QUOTE]
    There is no danger to getting the flu shot in the first trimester. I got mine when I was only 5 weeks along!!! There is so much information that flies around about getting the flu jab but it's my understanding that it's more dangerous to get the flu when your pregnant than to just get the jab!!![/QUOTE]

That's what I thought! My friend is giving me alot of false info about everything. Think she's jealous that in also preg and cuz it took her 2 years to conceive. She's one of those people that has to be better than everyone else. It really gets in my wick but I bite my Tongue and just secretly give her the 2 naughty fingers! X

18. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

hehehe I am a twin thread stalker!!!!

You ladies will love it if you are having twins - my advice just dont listen to ANYONE who doesnt have them - you will hear lots and lots of 'double trouble' 'you have yours hands full' et cet cetc etc but its just an honour being a mum to twins xxxxxxxx

19. xcited4mybump

xcited4mybump mum of 2 boys & 2 girls

i tried the thread and needle test a few months ago when i saw it on the internet,thought it looked fun and i gave it a try.it said to dangle a needle from a thread then inbetween the crook of your thumb and finger of your left hand(suppose to be closer to heart than right hand)tap the needle 3 times then turn your hand over and dangle the needle over your palm.swing back and forth=boy,circles=girl and if it doesn't stop inbetween each child then its twins!

so i did it with oh watching and i was very still and when i hung the needle over my palm it started moving,i was really surprised.
    so it went:
    back and forth,circle,back and forth,circle,then back and forth and circle without stopping!well i have a 15yr old son,12yr old dd,mc(must of been a boy),then i have dd who is 1yr and i'm now pregnant-so could this be twins:haha::wacko:

it was so accurate for all my pregnancies and i assumed it was for the mc also as the pregnancy after was indeed a girl...........i did it over and over and it said the same thing.i've also dangled the needle over my belly now that i'm pregnant and it still says boy/girl twins.i find it really creepy but seriously could it be right:winkwink:

lol sorry for the long post got a bit carried away!!would love to know the outcome of other ppls predictions!

btw-i've never had ms in any of my pregnancies only a feeling of sickness and even though i haven't been sick in this pregnancy either i feel so much sicker than i did in my other pregnancies................could this be a sign:)

20. xcited4mybump

xcited4mybump mum of 2 boys & 2 girls

vicky your avatar pic is adorable and your boys are gorgeous xx