I've booked a gender scan for tomorrow 12+5 will they see anything ?

tess8517

Reaction score
I don't mind paying twice I just want to know now I need to get my head around the fact if I'm having a boy. There have been 26 boys born in the family and I would love a girl. But I need time to get used to the idea of a boy I will love it just as much but will need longer if that makes sense!

That might be too early on a scan. Earliest I've been told to see gender is 17 weeks, and even then I've had to go back a week or two later for a better look.

That does seem a little early. With my first I believe we had the scan around 20 weeks. Good luck to you!

For private scans the earliest you can book is 16 weeks I think. X

Seems way too early but if it's a boy maybe they can spot it. I believe the earliest to tell if you are having a boy is between 14-16 weeks and still if baby is not shy!

The percentage of correct gender prediction is as follows:
11 Weeks - 50%
12 Weeks- 84%
13 Weeks- 90%
14 Weeks- 94%

"CONCLUSION:
Prenatal gender assignment by ultrasound has a high accuracy rate at 12 to 14 weeks. At 11 weeks there was an error rate of 50% and only 14/100 assigned correct male gender. In the male fetuses after 12 weeks, there was a significant increase in the angle of the genital tubercle from the horizontal. The accuracy of sex determination increased with gestation."
https://www.baby2see.com/gender/study_ultrasound.html

That being said, I see a Perinataologist on Tuesday where I would be 13 weeks. I will ask, but not go out buying things.

It takes a specially talented person to be able to differentiate at this state and most people will not even look if you are this early or tell you if they are doing an US anyway. If you're doing this to be certain, you have to wait until you are further along to get a definitive answer.

Like I said, I will ask, and if they tell me it'll be a nice "theory" until my actual genera revel at 20 weeks.

I had friends who had a scan and they guessed it was a boy when she was 12wks pregnant. And they were right! But I think it's easier to spot boys, I think even at later scans it's difficult to tell 100% if it's a girl x

They can at least look at the nub at 12 weeks so they might be able to tell.

We found out with three of ours at...

12+5 (gender picture at 13+2 though), 12+2, and 13 weeks :thumbup:

My girl however... I was told at 20+4 she was a boy and at 22 weeks we found out she was actually a she!! Boys tend to be the easier ones!

Attachments

• myboys.jpg
    myboys.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 30
Cool they said they can see if not go back in couple of weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member