I've caved and bought a doppler

LaurenaC

Reaction score
I'm having such a stressful time worrying about this pregnancy that I have caved and bought an Angelsounds Doppler from Amazon. It will be here tomorrow.

I will be 11 weeks 3 days tomorrow.

Has anyone used one of these and would you recommend it? I've read lots of reviews online and they are all positive but now I worrying about whether I have done the right thing!

I've got my 12 week scan next week but I need extra reassurance because of numerous issues I have had..

I'm such a worry wart.. LOL x

I had one my first pregnancy for the same reasons. It made my anxiety worse if I couldn't find the heartbeat or if it was slower than the day before.

I had one during my twin pregnancy and got one just over two weeks ago, as I was feeling anxious due to mc in July.

I can only say that i love it! It's the best thing to calm my nerves. I know now where baby lies and can find it in 10-30 seconds, giving me reassurance for the whole day. I use it once a day, sometimes twice if I feel like it! Even just ten seconds of listening to the little heartbeat lets me relax and know that today, now, I am carrying a healthy baby.

I wanted to get one to help with my anxiety but my doctor advised against it, telling me it would just make it worse. The more I think about it the more right I think she is because I would probably obsess over it just like I did comparing my HPTs at the beginning of my pregnancy, and freaking out when one seemed lighter than an earlier one, etc. I think I would stress myself out worrying about the heart rate or if I can't find it and it would probably make me worry more than if I just didn't have one at all. But I do think for a lot of people they can be fun and assuring. Just try to see it as something for entertainment, and not medical, and don't get yourself worked up over it.

It depends. For me, I had issues in 1st tri and found hb from 9 weeks onwards. Only used it once every 2-3 days fr very short episodes. It calmed me right down when I heared his little heart beating. I got lucky as he was mostly in the same spot. Once it was hard to find him & I left it fr a few hours and tried again with success.
For me, it got me through those first horrible weeks!
Every time I did it, I relaxed straight away and stopped obsessing.

Use it. Don't worry about the rate becaus it changes day to day and month to month. Just use it to find the sound of the heart and listen to the baby move. It's an awesome way to connect hubby and baby. Makes it more real. If you don't find it, then try again in a little bit. At 11 weeks it's pretty fail safe. Watch as many videos on how to use it and what to listen for.... I love love love mine

I love mine! It gives me such reassurance until I start to feel baby move. I don't use it after that.

Thanks for your comments ladies. I used it yesterday and couldn't find a heartbeat so it's caused me a huge amount of stress (I started another thread about no heartbeat on Doppler). I wish I had never bought it and haven't slept properly all night for worry, thinking my baby is no longer alive. I called my local maternity unit this morning who told me to throw it away and that a midwife would struggle to find a heartbeat at 11 weeks. It still hasn't fully put my mind at rest and now will spend the next 5 days waiting for my 12 week scan on complete knife edge. I feel like smashing it up!!

Did you look at a video of how to use it properly and locate the right area to look? At 11 weeks you should be looking right down on your pubic hair line still

I have a sonoline b and it was great with my DD. But now I'm having such bad anxiety because I haven't heard the hb with this LO yet. I've been trying since 8 weeks 4 days and had DW hide it for a few days. I retried at 9 weeks 1 day with no luck either. I wish I had kept it hidden until my next ultrasound. It causes such unnecessary stres.

I totally agree, my DH has taken mine off me and won't let me near it now. He wasn't in favour in the first place so all I have been having from him is 'I told you so..' Blah blah. He was right though and I wish I had listened.

I did try everywhere to look and pushed hard and all over low. I was worried about pushing too hard and causing different issues. I'm way too scared to try again as I don't want more anxiety. I have my 12 week scan on Wednesday but going ring my midwife on Monday to see if it can be moved to either Monday or Tuesday as I can't bare to wait any longer to make sure of what's going on. All because of this bloomin Doppler! Xx

I'm sure everything is fine and you'll get some reassurance on Wednesday.
I just wanted to add though, I have the sonoline B and it's an amazing doppler, I have heard the angelsounds are much less sensitive.
But you're right for your own sanity wait till Wednesday and put the doppler away! Good luck!

I cannot live without mine!!!! Best idea ever. Been using it since 8+4 my 3rd pregnancy with it. I personally need the peace of mind xx

I totally agree, my DH has taken mine off me and won't let me near it now. He wasn't in favour in the first place so all I have been having from him is 'I told you so..' Blah blah. He was right though and I wish I had listened.

I did try everywhere to look and pushed hard and all over low. I was worried about pushing too hard and causing different issues. I'm way too scared to try again as I don't want more anxiety. I have my 12 week scan on Wednesday but going ring my midwife on Monday to see if it can be moved to either Monday or Tuesday as I can't bare to wait any longer to make sure of what's going on. All because of this bloomin Doppler! Xx
You could have an anterior placenta which would make it much harder to hear the hb early. I think that's what's going on for me. Or it could be because I have a super long torso. I'm just trying to keep it out of my head so I don't make myself even more anxious. I cannot wait for my next ultrasound to calm my damn body. I'm sure every thing is fine and you'll see your LO on your 12 week ultrasound!

My doctor told me not to buy one. She also said that I can come in if I ever get really worried and someone there will check for me. And she said my little man is a mover and it would just stress me out especially with my anterior placenta. My husband was there when I asked so he considers that conversation closed. I think she is probably right though. Besides all I have to do to feel him moving these days is play bad music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->