Ive gone loopy !!

mummytobe

2 little girls
Reaction score
Since having Alyssa ive been doing the weirdest things when i wake up, but im still kinda asleep if you know what i mean ! The first few days id wake up holding the duvet in my arms just like you would a baby and asking my OH where shall i put her, he looks at me in total confusion. Last night i woke up and screamed at my OH that he had left her bottle out and hadnt fed her, when infact i was imagining the bottle and he fed her just 2 hours before !! :wacko:

totally pointless thread but its mad how having my lil girl now is making me so looopy :wacko:

Anyone else have any weird things they been doing since their LO or am i just mad ? lol

aww lol I dont have any advise or anything but didnt want to read and run. sleep can make u do funny things :hugs: x

Yeah it's the tiredness lol. I was hallucinating when on antibiotics too which made night feeds somewhat confusing. I'm not so bad now but still have moments where I wake up and panic he's been suffocated in bed cos I've fallen asleep feeding him only to find him safe in his nest?!

Im always waking up thinking ive fell asleep with her!! hence the holding on to the duvet lol. Its true what people say, once you have kids your sleep will never be the same again. I think my OH finds it funny tho.. just watching me like a madwoman.

omg I just remembered the other night i had fallen asleep on the couch and woke up in a daze half asleep and walked to bed , started walking into our room then stopped, turned around to go into baby's room to check on Ella. :dohh: she is still in my tummy. OH was like huh?? wierdo :haha:

3 times last night I was convinced my lo was crying and went in to check - he was sound asleep and all 3 times I dreamed it! :wacko: x

i never did this but i have a good friend who it happened to alot, the only ting she put it down to was lack of sleep repeatedly

hope it stops for you soon hun

Lou
xxx

ahhh lack of sleep makes sense. I quite enjoy it after ive panicked tho.. i sit there and just larf.. defo am loopy x

Since having Alyssa ive been doing the weirdest things when i wake up, but im still kinda asleep if you know what i mean ! The first few days id wake up holding the duvet in my arms just like you would a baby and asking my OH where shall i put her, he looks at me in total confusion. Last night i woke up and screamed at my OH that he had left her bottle out and hadnt fed her, when infact i was imagining the bottle and he fed her just 2 hours before !! :wacko:

totally pointless thread but its mad how having my lil girl now is making me so looopy :wacko:

Anyone else have any weird things they been doing since their LO or am i just mad ? lol

Nope I am mad too! It's the sleep deprivation. When LO has been crying and then stopped, I swear I can hear him crying still. I have to ask OH and he looks at me as if I am insane...

I also have no memory whatsoever, I am like a goldfish. I boiled the kettle to make some tea and put the teabag in and poured the water. Got the milk out of the fridge... and then thought "actually no I don't want a cup of tea", - in the space of a few seconds I had forgotten I had already poured the damn thing!!! It is quite scary really. It doesn't bode well for going back to work...

Oh God yeah. It does get better though, honest. I think your body starts dealing with the sleep dep.

I had this a few times too, the one night i woke up in a panic asking my OH where Oliver was and why was he still in the bed, you're going to crush him when in fact OH was fast asleep and LO was in his crib!!!!! I sort of shook it off but was actually quite disturbed by it, Took me a while to drop back off i was so panicky!!!
Must have been the lack of sleep!!!! If you can laugh about it you should be fine!!!!!
x x x x

i often wake up holding the pillow like its lo and freak out thinking i've fallen asleep holding him..........of course he's always in his moses basket next to me. lol

I used to be like this and it was freaky but I did mad things in mysleep before I even got pregnant..

When I was BF Connie, I was winding her and i looked at her and saw my little boy sat on my knee and couldnt see Connie anywhere, I was searching on the bed and even got up to look in her cot, I sat back down and looked at whoever was on my knee and it was Connie.. :wacko::wacko:

I also wake up and think that I can see an older verson of my little boy in the corner of the room near the cot and then tell him to get back to bed (he is only 14mth).

Plus when I was BF I would be convinved that I had not put Connie in her cot when finished feeding and that she was in with us and I would freak out when I couldn't see her..She would be in her cot.

Proper freaks me out coz it feels so real at the time.

:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->