I've had a cold for 2 weeks!!!

mannymoo

Reaction score
I'm going mad. My nose is blocked, my sinuses are blocked, I can't sleep because I can't breath. And the crazy thing is I'm eating nothing but healthy food, not drinking, taking vitamins... I should be healthier than ever. And every time I go the pharmacy, all they give me is saline spray because I'm pregnant. Anyone got any good cures that are preggy-friendly to get me through this?

When I was pregnant with my 1st I was sick for 5 weeks. It ended up being a sinus infection. Try to get into your dr and see if they can helo you out.

Honestly, even if you're eating healthier than ever... if you weren't eating healthy before, it can take some time for your body to build back up. Also, while pregnant your immune system is suppressed either way, so it can take longer for your body to deal with infections and they can spread more easily.

If your doctor isn't worried, you shouldn't be. But if you haven't seen him/her in awhile, perhaps go to get checked in case you have a sinus or ear infection like the previous poster suggested. 2 weeks is a very long time to be sick with the cold/flu even if you do have a suppressed immune system.

If your struggling with your sinuses, I really recommend nasal wash. It's a really odd, slightly uncomfortable process but it does really help. I get chronic sinusitis and it's the only thing that shifts it and I can breathe for a good few hours afterwards! I use NeilMed Sinus Wash, which is a bottle that gently pushes water up one nostril and out the other! But you can also get these weird kettle things which use gravity rather than a force. :) always read the label but mine says safe in pregnancy!

I've also read that there's a real issue called pregnancy rhinitis. Our mucus ramps up during pregnancy and can cause sinus issues. It has for me, it did my last pregnancy too but I thought it was allergies because it was in April when it hit me bad. So it could be that. Nothing we can take during the first trimester. Hot steamy showers for me. :shrug:

Thank so ladies for all the advice. I went to my dr yesterday who basically told me it was viral so antibiotics won't work and I just need to let it run its course. So far there hasn't been much improvement and I think I will try the nasal flush tomorrow. I'm honestly ready to try anything. I've had an ice pack on my head today and steri strips on my nose the relieve pressure. Also used some decongestant steam inhaler capsules which made a slight difference. And tonight I will try sleep sitting up😳. I'm pretty sure it has been 100 times worse than normal because of pregnancy and also is allergy season where I live so all not helping much!

Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies! Xx

Hey mannymoo, I've had some sort of nasty virus, not as long as you, I've had it a week so far. But it is horrible. Especially at night time, and rhe headaches are awful. I do hope you start to feel better soon. My whole family seems to have been struck with this virus, my daughter has had it over 2 weeks, where my son got over it on 3 days.....sending get well hugs 😘

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->