• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I've had a terrible day :-( Long

Margie

Reaction score
So went to the doctors this morning as have been bleeding / spotting for the last week. She sent a request for a scan to the hospital and told me to ring up and confirm that they had received it.

Tried ringing this afternoon - the lady that answered the phone told me I had the wrong department before I had even said why I was ringing up. The next department didn't have the appointment yet.:cry:

Was having a ridiculously busy day at work and got sent home because I needed to 'destress'. :cry:

My new car that I only got on Thursday last week then broke down. I had to ring the AA, who charged me £50 because I was changing my policy while broken down. :growlmad:

Got home and tried to get hold of my doctor again to resend the appointment request and she is only back in on Friday! :dohh:

Now sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea and chilling... at last :coffee:

Poor you! Sounds like you are having a rough time, fingers crossed things get better. What hospital was that? Sounds like mine :)

I'm so sorry you had such a rough day. I hope they can get you in soon to be sure bubs in ok!

:hugs: have you not got a choccy biscuit to go with your cuppa xx

Poor you! Sounds like you are having a rough time, fingers crossed things get better. What hospital was that? Sounds like mine :)

Thank you ladies :hugs:

It was Barnet Hosp - and they have been great before, I guess that's what took me by suprise!

Oh poor you. I hope you have a better day tomorrow and that everything is ok with you and your LO. Sounds like you are doing the right thing sitting down with a cuppa and chilling. Have a nice relaxing evening, have a bath, pamper yourself. Let us know how it goes at docs when they finally sort out your appt :hugs:

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad day :cry:
When I was about 21 weeks i had a bleed which was a bit more than spotting and i had contraction type things too which made me panic, I have been having bleeding since day 1 on and off but it had stopped at 14weeks so i was very worried. Also i hadnt felt baby move and i had been feeling the movements quite strong for some weeks.
But all was ok (they didnt give me a scan or listen to baby's heartbeat), after 2days felt baby boucing again and bleeding stopped and contractions which must have been braxton hicks stopped after 12hrs!
So its not all doom and gloom.
Good luck, Hope everything goes well :flower:

Ahhh hopefully your evening will be less eventful.

Have to tried asking the secretary at your GP to resend the referral??

I know its a lot of effort, but I had a scan for gall stones last week, came back that I had them.....The docs said it'd take 10-14 days to get the report from the hospital....so I called the hospital gave them the GPs fax number and they sent it straight away.

Then called the GP daily until my referral went back to the hospital (they couldnt fax it, but it got posted back within 2 days) then called the hospital and got the consultants name and am now waiting for a call back from his PA to see if they can get me in ASAP.

I know it sounds mad but if you actually chase the NHS it can speed things up by weeks!

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad day :cry:
When I was about 21 weeks i had a bleed which was a bit more than spotting and i had contraction type things too which made me panic, I have been having bleeding since day 1 on and off but it had stopped at 14weeks so i was very worried. Also i hadnt felt baby move and i had been feeling the movements quite strong for some weeks.
But all was ok (they didnt give me a scan or listen to baby's heartbeat), after 2days felt baby boucing again and bleeding stopped and contractions which must have been braxton hicks stopped after 12hrs!
So its not all doom and gloom.
Good luck, Hope everything goes well :flower:

Thank you - doctor did check LOs heartbeat and that was okay. I was just really spooked as I haven't had any bleeding before and now I've had it on and off for a week. Glad all was okay with you! LO is loving the choc biscuits I'm eating and giving me kicks of encouragement, so feeling much better.

awww, poor u hope your enjoying ur tea n biccy hehe x good luck with everything, hope all goes well at ur appointmnt (hugs)

I know its a lot of effort, but I had a scan for gall stones last week, came back that I had them.....The docs said it'd take 10-14 days to get the report from the hospital....so I called the hospital gave them the GPs fax number and they sent it straight away.

Then called the GP daily until my referral went back to the hospital (they couldnt fax it, but it got posted back within 2 days) then called the hospital and got the consultants name and am now waiting for a call back from his PA to see if they can get me in ASAP.

I know it sounds mad but if you actually chase the NHS it can speed things up by weeks!

The secretary was lovely when I rand up - but said the referal had to come from the doctor. Funnily she also told me to keep ringing the hospital just to check they hadn't found it. Making these calls always ends up with me in tears these days :blush:

Glad you are feeling better! My little one moves constantly now and kicks all through the day and night, so am living in hope he/she will be so tired that he/she will sleep alot when first born so I can catch up on some sleep myself lol :sleep:

Glad you are feeling better! My little one moves constantly now and kicks all through the day and night, so am living in hope he/she will be so tired that he/she will sleep alot when first born so I can catch up on some sleep myself lol :sleep:

:rofl: We can only hope!

The secretary was lovely when I rand up - but said the referal had to come from the doctor. Funnily she also told me to keep ringing the hospital just to check they hadn't found it. Making these calls always ends up with me in tears these days :blush:

Ahhh OK - i'd def keep trying the hospital though :)

Ahhh no, dont end up in tears....I nearly did when they told me it could take 10-14 days....I couldnt have waited that long! Just have in your mind that your right...no matter what you're always right and they are the eejits! Makes me feel better everytime!

I am sorry to hear about your tough day, I hope it gets better for you.

Hi, I hope your evening is a restful one. Look after yourself lady :hugs:

Sorry you're having a bit of bleeding honey - but glad lo is kicking away, and that you heard the heartbeat to reassure you. You don't need me to tell you that bleeding is common and can happen for loads of totally innocent reasons but it never hurts to hear it again!

Hope they get you sorted out soon honey.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"