I've had my baby!

emerald78

Reaction score
Betsy Marie Lee arrived on her due date at 2.38am after 22 hours and 20 mins in labour.

My labour started very well and I was in established labour almost straight away, my contractions started at 4.15am at 8 mins apart and over the next few hours reduced to 3 mins apart at which point I went to the hospital. When I got to the hospital after 12 hours of contractions I was 7cm. Great I thought, I will have my baby by 9pm!!! How wrong was I. After trying to explain that the baby felt stuck I had was examined and after 3 hours I had only dialated by 1cm!!! The baby had decided to get her head stuck in my pelvis and turn back to back so I had the most horrendous pain in my pelvis. My waters broke when I got to 9cm and I was pushing at this point. She had also pooed in me. We tried the birth stool, gym ball, everything to help the baby move but nothing did it. I was then seen by the registrar who told me I would need to have an assisted delivery and that I should have an epidural. At this point I was very happy to. The pain was unbearable. The registrar very luckily managed to turn the babies head at a later stage. After the epidural it was lovely. At 2.20am I was asked to push and after 18 mins of unassited pushing my beautiful baby Betsy Marie Lee was born weighing 8lb 2oz and 56cm long was born.

The midwives and medical team were absolutely fantastic at Royal Preston Hospital. They were excellent to me, my partner and my mum. They kept us informed throughout the birth and delivery. I have nothing but positive comments about them.

I was home after 24 hours and have settled nicely into breastfeeding.

I am so happy and she is absolutely gorgeous, but I have lots of making up to do as I was convinced she was a boy and has been named he for 9 months. This is my parents 5th grandchild but their 1st girl so everyone is happy, nobody more than me for my precious gift.

Best of luck to everyone else waiting to give birth. I shall see you over in the baby club!

Attachments

• HPIM1736.jpg
    HPIM1736.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 76
Congrats hunny!

She is goregous!

congrats hun femm just had her baby too xxx

aww Congrats hun she`s a good healthy size isnt she.xx

aw yey congratulations!!!!!

Huge congratulations hun, she's beautiful. x

Aww amazing story! Congrats on your beautiful daughter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->