I've had my baby

MotherBear

Baby No 4 on way
Reaction score
Hiya All,

I've had my baby, yeah!!!!!

Ethan arrived in the early hours of Thursday morning 10th December 2009, 2 days early. I almost didn't believe it was finally happening myself after so many false starts!

I had a show on the Friday tea time and contractions started on the Saturday afternoon. By the Sunday morning they were 4 mins apart so we headed to the hospital. I was given strong painkillers and sent home, once my blood pressure came down. I also had protein in my water, but this could have been down to the show.

By the Sunday afternoon the contractions stopped. All week they were starting then stopping. The midwife said that I was probably dilating and that once I reached about 5cm they would just continue and not stop again.

So by Thursday morning when I woke with pains 5 mins apart at 1:30am, I thought that they would just stop again. At 2:55am they were 3 mins apart so we headed to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 3:20am, where I was checked over and was 5cm's. At 4:10am I had diamorphine and gas and air and he arrived at 5:03am weighing a healthy 7lb 2oz. Little one showed signs of distress caused by the quick delivery as my waters had black and green in them, showing he had just excreeted (yuk).

We were discharged from the hospital on Friday tea time, as we had a few latching on issues probably caused by the diamorphine and mucus.

Little one is doing great now, although he has lost weight, but should gain soon as he is now latching on. He was weighed today and weighs 6lb 6 and half oz.

I am trying to work out how to upload images so I can put them on here, I'm not very technical, lol.

Good luck to everyone else.
x

congratulations .. hope you can figure out how to put the pics up, cant wait to see lil one :D :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->