I've put on 9.5lbs in a week and want to cry :o(

Mistycheek

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm looking for some advice please, i've been doing slimming world for 11 weeks and had lost 24lbs. I went to group last night to get weighed and i have put on 9.54lbs in a week!!!!! I'm so upset, i cried and cried last night. My boyfriend thought something terrible had happened when i turned up in floods of tears!

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and a bit concerned. I had lost 3lbs the week before and was only 4lbs off losing 2 stone. I'm a size 20/22 anyway and so worried i'm going to be absolutely massive by the time i give birth.

I hadn't stuck religiously to plan but hadn't eaten enough naughty stuff to warrant a 9.5lb gain!

Has anyone else experienced a massive gain like that? Should i consult my GP? Would there be anything wrong with the baby or could i be having twins?

Any advice or similar experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

xx

hiya.

well done on ur losses so far.

seems your pregnant i honestly wouldn't worry!
you will gain weight from hundreds different reasons throughout your pregnancy can start from little as 5wks.
at my booking in appt id put on over a stone! (was 9wks)
i was overweight in my 2nd pregnancy.
id had morning sickness but still managed too gain so much.
the weight i gained in 2nd tri was very little with slight increase in 3rd tri only gained 2st2lb by end of it.

i don't think any need see your gp, if you look up natual gains in pregnancy get 2st plus from them.

i wouldnt worry to much at the start of your preg you put on a lot of water weight NOT FAT Your weight will go up and down in preg but i wouldnt worry to much just dont over do it and carry on the way you have you have lost so much a big well done

as said above wouldnt worry about it too much it probably is just water. congrates on weight loss so far

You will gain a lot in the beginning because of extreme bloating and water weight. It's normal, every woman goes through this in the first trimester. Nobody talks about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->