IVF #1 failed, anyone starting FET August/September 2014?

jenhen1982

Reaction score
Just been for my follow up consultation after out IVF #1 which failed. Have 4 frosty blastocysts and am hoping to do our first FET on my next cycle. Am looking for a buddy who has not had FET before and potentially someone who has been through a failed IVF cycle already! Looking for support!

Jen

IVF #1 BFN July 2014, FET #1 hoping to start August/September 2014

Hi Jen! I'm Jenn!

I had a failed IVF cycle in April. It implanted, but was a blighted ovum - the sac was empty. They said it was like a regular miscarriage - very common.
But we did not have any frosties

The clinic has me on a few drugs now to make my eggs stronger and hope that we get more next time.

We are planning to start end of August/beginning of September! Waiting is so hard!

Hi I'm planning on an Aug/ Sept FET cycle.. with 4 blast on ice.. IVF in 2011 with successfull pregnancy .. trying for #2!!

Hi Jenn,

Would be great to keep in touch whilst we go through this, although I think my FET cycle will be quite different it will be nice to talk to someone who has also had a failed cycle before. How long have you been trying? x

Hi Amirini,

Have you had a frozen cycle before and what day embryos did they freeze for you?

Jen

Just wondered if anyone is due to start a frozen embryo transfer september 2014 as I am and would like to share experience

Just been for my follow up consultation after out IVF #1 which failed. Have 4 frosty blastocysts and am hoping to do our first FET on my next cycle. Am looking for a buddy who has not had FET before and potentially someone who has been through a failed IVF cycle already! Looking for support!

Jen

IVF #1 BFN July 2014, FET #1 hoping to start August/September 2014

I'm at due to start fet and also had failed fresh cycle in June. Have u started already?

Hey Jenn and Gabbott
How are you guys doing? Where are you at in your cycles? Did you have your transfers yet?

I start stims tomorrow - so let the journey begin again

Hey red brick - I havnt started I've got all my meds I'm just waiting on my period which is due 26/9 - this will be my 2nd time my first fresh one failed and this next cycle will be fet - transferring one embryo

Hi Gabbott
Welcome, sorry for the delay I haven't been on in a while. After the first failed round I wanted to get away from it for a while and concentrate on other things. Been on mess for a while and I just had my frozen embryo transferred today. It thawed well and looked fantastic quality. Now just trying to think positive thoughts for the next 11 days. What meds will you be on?
Jen :)

Great news on your transfer! I hope the next 2 weeks are easy on you :)
Sending you positive thoughts

I had a successful round and they froze all of my embryos. I go on Friday to discuss FET. My doc said they have a much better success rate with FET'S - so here is hoping that it will work for all of us

Hi Redbrick80. Thanks for your kind words, how did you get on at the docs on Friday? I am now 8 dpt and today I am feeling decidedly negative and down. I can't stop crying and snapping at my husband, I really feel like it hasn't worked and I am dreading testing on Wednesday!!!

Ah...that is the worst feeling... I was that way when I was on stims..
It is a terrible feeling. Don't count yourself out just yet.

Are you going to wait until Wednesday to test?

AFM, Dr's went well on Friday. We are going to transfer next cycle. I am expecting AF on Friday. So it should go in sometime between Nov 23-26

I'm going to test tomorrow 11dpt as this was the date on my treatment plan. Still no sign of bleeding which I got last time 3 days before test day.....so I guess this is a good sign?
Very exciting, keep me updated on your treatment plan :)

I'm going to test tomorrow 11dpt as this was the date on my treatment plan. Still no sign of bleeding which I got last time 3 days before test day.....so I guess this is a good sign?
Very exciting, keep me updated on your treatment plan :)

Jen - how did everything turn out?

I did my Fet #1....bfn. It is just a let down, but will be ok.

Hope everything is good with you

So sorry I haven't been on in ages. After my FET in October when I got a BFN I was very down and needed a break from everything. Didn't even want to come on the forums. I'm sorry to hear Jenn of your BFN also....it is tough isn't it?!!

On a brighter note after 2 failed cycles with perfect embryos they wanted to run further tests and found I have an extremely rare blood clotting disorder that can contribute to lack of implantation. So rare in fact that they do not test for it as routine before someone starts IVF. Still now I know they can medicate me accordingly.

So long story short, just did my 2nd FET (3rd cycle) overall and have just last week had my first ever in my life BFP! I am now 5 weeks pregnant and just waiting for my 6 week scan to verify all is well.

Please let me know how you've been doing REDBRICK (Jenn)

Much love and baby dust 🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨👶

That is awesome news!!!! Big congrats to you and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!

AFM, I had a hysteroscopy last week. I had to have some scar tissue removed, it was from my D and C last year, I have an appt with the surgeon tomorrow so will have a better idea bout transfer dates etc, but I'm hoping for sometime in May!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->