IVF abroad - help please

tinadecember

Mummy to Evie and TTC
Reaction score
Good morning ladies, wow it's been a LONG LONG time since I have posted on baby and bump, mainly due to taking a break from obsessing about becoming pregnant but I am looking for some advice.

Myself and my husband have one daughter (8) who we conceived naturally with no problems, when she was 3, in 2013 we started to try for baby 2 and after 12 months of BFNs we went for testing which showed a problem with my husbands sperm motility. We had 2 fresh rounds of ICSI at Liverpool Women's Hospital which were both unsuccessful and took a break from TTC. For the last 15 months or so we have been trying naturally again and hoping for a miracle but surprise surprise no luck.

I feel like I am at my wits end now after 5 years of negatives and so we are researching IVF abroad. We physically cannot afford IVF in the UK and frankly I think it's ridiculously priced! I have been doing some research and emailed a few different clinics but I'd like some advice and recommendations from ladies who have actually been through it or know someone who has.

What clinic would you recommend? was it worth it in the end after the price of flights and hotels? what was the outcome?

Any experiences greatly appreciated, thanks ladies. x

Hi!

I don't have any recommendations for you as we're not at that stage yet (in the tww of my first IVF cycle) but I wanted to recommend the Facebook group for IVF abroad as that is full of ladies who have been / are having treatment abroad and would be happy to provide you with recommendations and support.
Good luck ❤

I don't have any advice sorry but I wish you so much luck <3 :dust:

I don't have any advice but wanted to wish you the best of luck! I remember you from on here before! <3

My story is a little different to yours as we are living in Belgium so we had IVF done here. Therefore I can't help you with the regard of the exact cost as it was included in the healthcare here. I think one round is about 5000€. I know the cost is so crazy in england. I am refusing to move back untill our family is complete. Have u thought of moving abroad

I know they have a lot of people coming here for treatment. In belgium it can be difficult finding an english speaking doctor. I know two very good hospitals in brussels. We were reffered to the one we used and I was completely happy with it. Later I found out about another good clinic, which is known as the best in brussels.

Here are the positive points I found with our hospital in particular and the belgian system:
- very quick to get started
- staff were friendly
- our doctor spoke english
- easy to get an appointment (3 months ahead at a time)
- overall the healthcare is great here, much better than in other european countries that i have been to

Negative points:
- the hospital itself was a little old and outdated.

Something to consider:
- what will you with leftover embryos? How much will u need to pay to keep them frozen? Can u transfer them to the UK?
- is brexit going to affect any of this? Travelling, getting treatment abroad etc.
- i personally only wanted to go to a big hospital in brussels eventhough we live quite far. I wouldn't trust hospital in smalled towns as much.

I can recomment the two clinics to you and send you our doctors name if you are interested at going to Belgium.

Depending on where you are living in the uk it is pretty easy to travel here either by train, plane or even to drive. The hotels are not very expensive, but if you are planning on staying a few weeks at least you would be better of renting an airbnb.

You also wanted to know our outcome; we did two rounds of IVF, I got preganant both times but had an early miscarriage at the first round. Now we have a toddler at home and one frozen embryo.

I hope you will have your second baby soon! If you have any questions about IVF in belgium, I'll be happy to help!

If you need info about IVF clinic in Poland that offers friendly-pocket prices, feel free to pm. I have been happy with them and service I got. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->