Ivf ADVICE, HAS ANYONE HEARD OF A 4 DAY TRANSFER HELP !!!!

bugs

Reaction score
Hi ladies just after some advice I am just coming to the end of my 2nd cycle of IVF and I've just been told that my egg collection will be Thursday the problem is that day 3 will be Sunday and the hospital is closed so that will mean I will wither have a 2 or 5 day transfer. I am quite concerned that I won't have enough embies to go for a day 5 transfer so I will end up having something put back on day 2 but as I only want 1 put back can they really pick the best one at such an early stage !!!

Any thoughts, experiences or suggestions will be much appreciated as if this isn't stressfull enough xxxx

Hi there, I can't help with any advice I'm afraid, but just wanted to wish you luck.

Would you consider having 2 embies put back if you had to do a 2-day transfer? That would give you a better chance of having a good quality embie put back, & I think the twin rate with 2 embies is not excessively high.

Hi bugs
I also had the same concern when trying to work out my dates (although in the end my ET ended up being midweek as I got a day 5 transfer). In my case I just phoned the clinic to see what would happen in that event. They said that (although they are closed on Sunday according to their website etc) they would do an embryo transfer on a Sunday and would have staff available to do it, if the days worked out like that.
Maybe you should just give your clinic a call and see what they say? They might be the same. No point you worrying yourself over it
Good luck
Px

From what the nurse said today they just do not open on a Sunday reguardless, I could be worrying over nothing because I was hoping for a blastie transfer anyway which would be Tuesday it's just that to not have the option of a 3 day transfer has really stressed me out !!!

Hi bugs
I also had the same concern when trying to work out my dates (although in the end my ET ended up being midweek as I got a day 5 transfer). In my case I just phoned the clinic to see what would happen in that event. They said that (although they are closed on Sunday according to their website etc) they would do an embryo transfer on a Sunday and would have staff available to do it, if the days worked out like that.
Maybe you should just give your clinic a call and see what they say? They might be the same. No point you worrying yourself over it
Good luck
Px

Thanks Polly! You have answered one of the questions I was wondering about! I was going to phone our clinic & ask but I don't need to now!!! Thank you :hugs:

Just an update I have spoken to the hospital (the lead embriologist) and she said they absolutely have to take my Eggs out on Thursday or we may lose some and that if the transfer needs to be done on Sunday then they will arrange for it to happen on Sunday. So Panic over phew !!! The nurses just made me think that Sunday wasn't an option and with all these extra hormones flying around they really didn't help. Thanks for your replies ladies much appreciated xxxx

Just an update I have spoken to the hospital (the lead embriologist) and she said they absolutely have to take my Eggs out on Thursday or we may lose some and that if the transfer needs to be done on Sunday then they will arrange for it to happen on Sunday. So Panic over phew !!! The nurses just made me think that Sunday wasn't an option and with all these extra hormones flying around they really didn't help. Thanks for your replies ladies much appreciated xxxx

Oh that's good news! So you can relax a bit now. Hope you get a bfp at the end of it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->