• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

IVF and ICSI

Tulip77

Reaction score
Hi GirlsDr has advised my hubby & me that ICSI is our best option. Can anyone tell me what the success rate of ICSI is? Is ICSI better than IVF or IVF better than ICSI. What are my chances of me having a baby with ICSI procedure???

Please help...damn I'm confused!!!!

Tulip :hugs:

hi IVf is better but it depends on wnat the issues are as to what is most successful for you. I think ICIS is a little cheaper although im not 100% on that

i have friends that have concived with ICIS, The issues were the sperm in this case..

My understanding is that icsi is a type of ivf ---------it is the exact same procedure as ivf except instead of letting the sperm and egg meet "naturally" in the plastic dish (ivf) - the sperm is put into the egg to fertilize it (icsi)------------otherwise the process is identical. I would assume that you have sperm issues to be recommended for icsi.

Best wishes.

p.s. There is a great book you can buy called the couples guide to in vitro fertilization (and it explains icsi too).

Yes Blue is right, i checked this last night.

At my clinic its the same price..sorry ! ICIS is normally used if there are issues with the sperm..

Hi there,
My hub and I are starting our ICSI treatment in January. I have no fertility problems at all, we are going for ICSI due to my hub's low sperm count. So as the girls have explained, ICSI is when the sperm count is low or poor mobility etc. Also used when men have had a vasectomy or cannot release sperm and is therefore more difficult to fertilise the egg. The only difference between it and IVF is it is a direct injection of the sperm into the egg. Which as I now see as a bonus!! In our clinic ICSI is slightly more expensive, £400 or so. Although in our particular case our drugs cost less, due to everything being ok with me I'm only on a short protocol of meds, just two weeks. ICSI is a newer process but plenty of info available on the web. Good luck XX

:thumbup:

Hi

I had a successful pregnancy in 2006 and have a gorgeous 3 year boy through ICSI treatment. I am now expecting in Feb 2010 after a successful Frozen embryo transfer from the same batch of ICSI treatment back in 2006.
My son was the miracle baby I never thought would be possible due to my husband having an unsuccessful reversal. ICSI is the exact same process as IVF but is used when the issue is with the man instead of the woman.
I am now having double success as I am having a second miracle baby! I don't know what I am having but all I want is a healthy baby to make my family complete.
Good luck to you ! x:happydance:

Petal you have done me the world of good by posting that. It's great to hear success stories. Hoping that 2010 will bring me an ICSI baby too!!! xx

Thanks Petal...you've made my day with your success story...and thanks to all of you who have replied to my query.

I hope icsi will give me a miracle. From what I've read in BNB forum, looks like icsi is quite successful. Fingers crossed & all the best for all those who are having this procedure done :hugs:

xxxTulipxxxx

Hi

Petal, that is a great story - thank you. We also have 2 frosties ready for the future. xx

Tulip, ICSI is a more complicated procedure cos like Blue said they select one health looking sperm and inject it into the egg. With MF ICSI is better than IVF cos often problem sperm can't actually break through the egg naturally or with IVF, so they get a helping hand!! It is more expensive and not all clinics offer it.

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"