IVF and New Job?

LadyVictoria

Reaction score
Have any of you balanced pursuing fertility treatment with starting a new job? I'm leaving an incredibly toxic work environment that I've been in for almost 2.5 years for what seems to be an amazing office to work in at another large institution starting in June. The job is very similar to the work I'm doing now, but any new job will have a learning curve. It's also better pay and I get to keep my awesome state benefits, which include infertility coverage. Yay! Because we have severe male factor infertility that requires ICSI/IVF.

We've been pursuing treatment and if we have usable sperm from my husband's biopsy next month, then we'll essentially have the green light to get my egg retrieval started for IVF. As you know, that will require some flexibility with the monitoring appointments and the actual procedure. So I'm a bit hesitant to jump right into it now that I have to prove myself with a new employer. I'm just interested to hear any stories of balancing a new job and treatment. Did you move forward? Put it on pause? I've heard of how some people in my field talk about women who get pregnant early on in a job and it's almost always poorly received, unfortunately. I'm hoping to feel things out in the first few months and be able to decide from there when the timing will be right.

Dear @LadyVictoria, I have no advice for you but I'm also approaching the same problem. I had a miscarriage this month and will be doing ivf in summer (as soon as my body can go through something like that and depending on my period), but I'm starting a new job in August and am so afraid it won't work out. I was considering postponing my start there but this would also not be a great first impression. Good luck with the biopsy and hope you find it's all smoother than expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->