IVF & aspirin

maz

TTC #1 since Oct 2004
Reaction score
Has anyone heard that aspirin can help increase chances of success with IVF? I read on a website that a small dosage - 75mg - can help increase chances of IVF success due to the blood being thinner and flowing round the body better.

The research I read had been carried out in Argentina - which I wasn't aware was at the forefront of medical advances - and it showed almost a 100% increase in chance of success, meaning that if every cycle started has a 25% chance of pregnancy then your chances of success increase to almost 50%. I thought that aspirin wasn't recommended during pregnancy, and I am not sure whether to ask at my planning appointment, as I don't want to look like a complete imbecile. However, that said I also want to have the best chances possible.

Has anyone else heard anything about this or am I better off forgetting about it?

:hug:

Ask at your planning appointment - Baby aspirin can be taken whist ttc & pregnant based on circumstances (I did and am now due to recurrent chemical pregnancies) but if your going through something like IVF I wouldn't even consider it unless my consultant told me to - everyones case/circumstances are different. Certainly ask about it but don't do it off your own back through your IVF cycle unless you've been advised to hun.

Good luck x

Thanks wobbles. I wouldn't take it unless the clinic told me it wouldn't do any harm. I'd hate to spend all that money and then find that the aspirin may have damaged our chances. I'm having acupuncture at the same time as treatment. I'm going to a therapist that has been recommended by the clinic - so perhaps that is enough.

:hug:

Hun I have to have asprin and fragmin as soon i get a bfp due to my losses and even when trying i have to take just the asprin and when i told the nurse in the fertility clinic she was saying i could not take it and could if i get my bfp so i am going to see the doctor in the fertility clinic cause its in my notes that i have to take it.

She said that if i take it when taking blood the blood will be splirting everywhere so i told my miscarraige nurse and she said that is stupid and she is gonna put it in my notes for the fertility doc to see that i have to take them but i am gonna have a word with him any way xx

Just want to say - hope you get the answers. Good luck

both dh and i av takrn BA since weve been ttc after mc in mar08, we av different gp and both told us it was fine2 take long as its on r records ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->