IVF August / September 2020

Bordeaux

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Ive just started my IVF journey again. I had a successful IVF in 2014/5 which produced my DS.

Now its time to try and give my son a sibling.

I had a lovely support group the 1st time around and supporting each other is so crucial.

Just started my stims today

Hi Victoria, thanks so much for offering. My main concern is preparation steps before the egg collection and what to do after the egg transfer to increase chances of implantation.

@Bordeaux I always recommend getting advice straight from the experts! My RE outlined everything for me, so I knew which supplements to take leading up to and during the stims cycle alongside the actual medications. While our issue was male factor and we weren't worried about my egg quality, they recommended Theralogix CoQ10 for egg quality, so I did take that along with my prenatals and a probiotic. I've always taken probiotics for gut health so I just continued with them. Aside from that, I just recommend eating a balanced diet and trying to be active until you start stims, then you may want to tone down the physical activity as your ovaries get heavier with the eggs. You become at risk for ovarian torsion, which sounds absolutely awful and could throw a wrench in the retrieval process.

I ended up doing a freeze all cycle and my frozen transfer was originally scheduled 2 months out from my retrieval, then got cancelled due to the shutdowns in March. So my embryo transfer ended up being 5 months post retrieval! In that time, I just continued eating well and being active - just leading a healthy lifestyle. I really don't believe that there's really anything that can be done to improve the odds of your embryo implanting aside from following your protocol. It's truly out of your hands at that point, in the same way that there really isn't anything one could do to prevent a pregnancy naturally if they happen to slip up. Implantation is either going to happen or it won't, and it seems to have more to do with embryo quality and whether or not your body is receptive at the time of transfer, which your doctors will do their best to ensure that it is with your protocol. I hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->