IVF baby#2 success??

MollyNorwood

Mummy of 2 Girls
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :)
I had my daughter in Jan of this year after a successful fresh IVF round. We have two frosties left from the same round and are considering doing a FET at the end of this year.
I am so nervous. Because we were so lucky with our 1st round and we don't want to get our hopes up and assume we will be so fortunate again, I would LOVE to hear stories of others that are/ have been in a similar situation.
If you had one IVF baby was your next also a success?
:hugs:

Nope! I'm here! I had IVF and had my son (now 2 and 3 months). Had 3 blasts left over from that and had one FET which failed earlier this year. Second FET was a success though and I'm 18 weeks preggo again (little girl!). Positive mental attitude and no reason to assume it wouldn't work.

Key for me was to make sure the lining was good (the main problem pre-pregnancy but with the FET it was fine and I didn't need any hormonal support to increase it, beyond progesterone to maintain it) and obviously that the blast defrosts well. Weirdly though Blast 1 (which failed) was the "better" embryo but it was Blast 2 that wasn't as good that worked. You just can't tell. x

Yay! Thanks for the reply! Great story Jules, so glad your pregnant again congrats!
I am nervous this time because as much as i want NOT to have expectations, I keep having the thought 'well, the fresh cycle worked st try so the next one surely will'... I am not naive to believe that but the thought is there.
I am also nervous because we have two frosties- what if both fail? Whatever happens, happens I guess. We are just so lucky to have one baby anyway! :)

Molly, there are also some FET success stories here in case you missed them x https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/2322491-any-fet-success-stories.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->