Ivf Bfp, but now spotting light brown :(

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
Can anyone help w similar experiences? Strong Bfp yesterday at 7dp5dt at 7 pm (didn't test before)....brown spotting almost immediately after (why did I think I'd be able to enjoy my Bfp for any length of time without worrying?!) Ugh. Still having brown discharge today (8dp5dt).... Took another test.... Still positive.... Maybe a tiny bit darker. (only 12 hours in between testing). I am freaking out. I've been sitting here crying for hours, feeling like it's all over

Also.... I am on blood thinners, so I'm trying to tell myself that that stuff makes me bleed with any little thing I bump into.... So maybe it's causing more bleeding down there too?

Lady, I spotted with my BFP all the way to 12 weeks. I was not on blood thinners this time around, just baby aspirin (which at my 8 week check, doc had me stop). Hang in there, as long as its brown you're fine. I also had cramping. Fingers crossed.

I got a faint BFP 6dp3dtam then I had brown spotting two days later at 8dp3dt, but took a test the next morning and it was definately still a BFP! Try not to stress :)

My spotting was brown and then a bit of red. I was ready to start crying but it went by the next day. Since then I've had 2 hcg bloof tests showing very strong levels!

Congrats on the BFP! Grow lil baby grow!! :)

Thanks so sooo much to both of you!! That makes me feel a little better!! My anxiety is through the roof. Post traumatic stress disorder from previous losses/disappointments. Praying sooo hard that this little baby sticks.

I had a very dark Bfp this morning. Darkest one I've had yet. Spotting seems to have slowed down. I only had it once today so far, and much smaller amount than yesterday. Please keep praying!!

The darker test is a VERY good sign!!! With my m/c, the line never got darker. But with my DS, it got darker and darker (until it couldn't get any darker). I also had spotting as late as 8 weeks.

I hope this is your miracle!!!

Thanks so much!!!! That is so uplifting to hear!!! Hopefully this will be our miracle!!! I just hope that spotting stays away!! Sooo scary!!!

I started spotting less than a week after my bfp and spotted for a few weeks afterwards. It appeared it was nothing to worry about. I am carrying twins and it could have been my uterus stretching out to accommodate two embryos. I was on blood thinners (injections), too. My Dr said that the bleeding couldn't have been caused by the blood thinners but it could have just made it easier, if it makes any sense. I was on progesterone gel throughout the first trimester and I think it irritated my cervix, but who knows...Good luck! Try not to worry about it!

Thank you sooo much!! Congrats on twins!!!! What a blessing!!! I am sooo hoping I have the same great results that all of you lovely ladies had!!! My nurse told me the same thing about the blood thinners today.... And I asked if I could take a day or two off of them to help stop the spotting/prevent any more, but she said no, and that brown spotting isn't dangerous, but that stopping my bloodthinners would be. I had one more little spot of brown this evening, but that's all. Hoping by tomorrow I have none!!

You ladies are brave... That spotting just about drove me to insanity!! I haven't had any today yet... Knock on wood... And I have had some white discharge. I have never been so happy to see white discharge as I was this morning!

Happy New Year ladies! What helped I think was progesterone pills taken orally besides the progesterone gel that my dr prescribed. When I started the pills I think the spotting started subsiding...

Very interesting!! My nurse said spotting with ivf is more common than in normally conceived pregnancies. Maybe that's why! I took another test this morning... Still dark, so that was relieving. I go for my beta tomorrow!! So nervous!!

Just an update on me, and a bump for any other stories for encouragement...

First beta: 718
Second beta: 2,663

Still spotting brown on and off. I've still been taking hpts (I know... Ridiculous, right?) ...took my last one two days ago (24days past "ovulation") and the control line was barely visible, and the test line dark as can be. I'm still so so crippled with fear that this brown spotting means I'm doomed though. My first ultrasound is Wednesday, and I'm sick with worry.

Just an update on me, and a bump for any other stories for encouragement...

First beta: 718
Second beta: 2,663

Still spotting brown on and off. I've still been taking hpts (I know... Ridiculous, right?) ...took my last one two days ago (24days past "ovulation") and the control line was barely visible, and the test line dark as can be. I'm still so so crippled with fear that this brown spotting means I'm doomed though. My first ultrasound is Wednesday, and I'm sick with worry.

Wow, that's a serious beta!!! What days did you take the tests? It might be twins if they were only two days apart...

I wouldn't be s uprising if uv got twins hiding in there
did u transfer 2 embies x

Ahhhhh... I'd be so so happy!! Right now I'm just praying every minute that we at least see one sac and one healthy heartbeat on Wednesday. The betas were like 60 hours apart. 2.5 days. They haven't mentioned multiples, but it was my 4th ivf, so they put three in! I was 12 days past transfer and 14/15 days past transfer

Well, it more than tripled, so it could be two. Or just one strong baby. Fingers crossed! Have you hada BFP before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->