IVF Buddies 2012 - all got our BFPs now awaiting the bubbas. Sticking together x

mrsmax

Cautiously PAL
Reaction score
Hi - looking for people to cycle with. I am waiting for AF and then I am on the IVf train. 21 days after AF (which is due today/tomorrow) I have 21 days unti down regging and then all that jazz with EC 17th April. :kiss:

Would be really niceto have some people going through it at the same time.

I am unexplained, but with low AMH (UK 5). I am 35, Dh 34. TTc 23 months. One chemical in June 2010, nothing before or since. :sleep:

Hi Mrs Max! We are in a very very similar situation. I will be starting my IVF with my next cycle and I think my ER will be start - mid April.

I will know more details after my appointment on Thursday. Would LOVE a few buddies!

I am 33 and DH is 35 and we are unexplained as well. Unexplained totally SUCKS as I'm so afraid that my issue will be implantation and I won't get pregnant even through IVF. DH keeps telling me I need to remain positive and believe that this will work for us.

Hey Springy - i have seen you on other threads I think. Hopefully this will be a long and successful one. I know what you mean about thinking it must be an implantion issue that will never get fixed by IVF - I am definitely going to have to work on my PMA before I start the cycle.

What happens at your next appointment? Are you excited? You doing anything to prepare?

My next appointment will give me the drug protocol, when I will start, drugs for retrieval process etc. My AF is due next weekend and then we will start with the next cycle. My gut tells me it will be a long protocol ....

Then I will have a teaching session where I will pay everything.

I am VERY excited to get this process started, but at the same time I am BEYOND scared that this will not work!!!!!!

That is exactly how I feel. I just cant imagine being lucky enough for it to work.

I'm just praying AF shows up today or I might have to put it back a month - yikes! That would suck.

That is exactly how I feel. I just cant imagine being lucky enough for it to work.

I'm just praying AF shows up today or I might have to put it back a month - yikes! That would suck.

How come you would be put back a month?

So, Af arrived Sunday. Just run clinic and they confirmed we are on!! :happydance:

I have my meds appointment 1st March and start de-regging 10th March. Getting really excited for the first time. Going to do my best to enjoy the ride.

I can't beliebe no one else has joined this thread -we cant be the only ones doing IVF on this timetable!!!

HI Mrsmax and springy, Nope you're definatley not the only ones!
I've just started started taking my medication today and egg collection is scheduled for 16/04/2012.

I'm 27, DH is 30 and we've been trying since Jan 2010. I've got low AMH (Level 2) and DH has a morphology issue so we've been put straight in for IVF with ICSI.

Trying to stay positive whilst not to get my hopes up is tough (we've been given a success rate of between 15-20%). All of my friends who know what I'm going through are all so supportive but none of them have had to go through anything like this before so it kind of feels, even with their support, like I'm all alone.

I know the time between now and April is going to fly by but my impatience and anxiousness is making it seem like it's so far away. Like springy said, so excited to get there but petrified it won't work.

Have you been given any advise / tips to help your chances along? Acupuncture seems to be a common one, I did try this for a couple of months but it wasn't for me so am looking for alternatives!

Hey Suzy :wave: You have Ec one day before me!! I'm not on any meds yet though. What meds are you on? I also have low AMH (5 Uk scale). They havent dicussed it with me yet - I guess they will at my protocol appointment next week. It worries me, but tring to get some PMA. There are so many success stories with low AMH.

I have been doing accupuncture for a while. I like it - but it gets expensive. I ave had a couple of normal reflexology sessoiosn too relax, but have just found a fertolity refloxolgist close to home and contacted them today. They have a whole alternative clinic with hynosis and reki and stuff - I am willing to try anything and everything as long as I find it relaxing!!! What sort of thing are you thinking about? How come you didnt like accupuncture?

Oh, and I have just ordered some prepare for IVf Cds from Amazon - i must be a marketers dream :blush:

You sound just like me, I'm willing to try anything and everything! I've just bought a yoga for fertility DVD (I've always liked yoga anyway) to try but as long as I feel relaxed, I'm happy. Ooh, let me know if the CD's are any good, I've made myself a relaxation playlist on my ipod for EC week.

With acupuncture, only two out of ten sessions I actually felt so relaxed and it was very surreal but I ended up feeling more stressed out each time I went because the acupuncturist was getting quite pushy about me having weekly sessions and at £40 a time, it's a lot of money!

I've just started the pill today, I'm on the short protocol so I'm on the pill for 5 weeks and then will switch to buserilin injections and then there's another injection but I can't remember the name of it - not looking forward to that, I'm not great with needles. Because of my low AMH, the clinic have also asked me to have a testosterone gel / cream to rub on daily, so you might get that too if you have low AMH.

Don't want to sound silly but what does PMA mean? I've not come across that before. I was completely overwhelmed after leaving my protocol appointment because there was so much information to take in in a short space of time! - I've set up a chart now to let me know what I need to do and when, but I definatley recommend for you and your partner to go out for something to eat afterwards just to take it all in and relax a bit.

Please stay in touch and let me know how you're getting on, it's really good to know I've got someone to talk to who is going through what I'm going through at the same time!

xxx

hey Suzylou - I love the idea about going out for a meal after the appointment to take it all in. I will def arrange that. I think they give us a printed schedule - I hope so or I will def lose track!!

Will let you know about the CD's @ £15 I figured they were pretty cheap so worth a try.

I was half expecting I would have a short protocol, but I guess they will see hoe this one goes and then maybe adjust things IF i need a second round.

PMA means "positive mental attitude" - it is a sports term I think.

I am terribel with needles. Lucky for me, my friend is a nurse and as she lives 5 minutes walk away has offered to do mu injections for me. I am hoping after a few I will be able to do them myself but will so nice to have someone do them for me at first. She has done it for another of her friend's going through IVf so she will pretty good at it!!

Def stay in touch. Will let you know when the CD arrives. :)

Hi Ladies! Sorry I wasn't around all weekend but just got caught up on everything. Welcome Suzy :hi:

I am just like you ladies, if there is a product out there marketed to increase fertility or to help deal with infertility I have bought it, tried it etc.

I am doing acupuncture - been going once a week or every 10 days since December, I find it very relaxing and I will be starting back up again in March when my acupuncturist is back - she went to China for 3 weeks on vacation.

I will find out on Thursday when I will get started - I can't wait!!!!

yay - good luck for Thursday Springy!!! It feels good to have a few of us doing through this at the same time. hope you are close in dates.

yay - good luck for Thursday Springy!!! It feels good to have a few of us doing through this at the same time. hope you are close in dates.

I am hoping to be .... If you click on my journal you'll read my full story but abridge, I switched clinics in December so it has taken awhile to get started at the new clinic. At the old clinic I would have started down regulating on CD21 and it was approximately 10 days of down reg and then 10 stimulating. If the new clinic is similar then my ER would be around the first weekend of April - 5th to 7th roughly. So I will be in and around the same time as you ladies!

:happydance:

Can I join? I did ICSI in sept/oct and got a bfp only to loose our girl at 18 weeks, now I am back on the wait list for FET for march/april. I know it's not a full ICSI cycle again but I'll be on a similar protocol just minus the stimms. Af made her appearance Feb 18 only 5 weeks after her birth, so I'm on cd3 almost cd4 now.

If my af is normal I expect my next around march 16th then if all goes as planned will start down regging meds around april 7 with transfer around end of april maybe beginning of may.

I'm 27 my dh is 28, we have male factor infertility. We also have one son conceived naturally after 18 months of ttc and being told it would never happen.

Good Luck for Thursday Springy! I'll keep my fingers crossed your dates are similar to mrsmax and mine

Hey Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that, I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through but if you want to have a rant or a shoulder to cry on, I'll be here to listen (read!). I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's not too long a wait until your next cycle

It's absolutley fab to have some others to go through this journey with
xxx

Can I join? I did ICSI in sept/oct and got a bfp only to loose our girl at 18 weeks, now I am back on the wait list for FET for march/april. I know it's not a full ICSI cycle again but I'll be on a similar protocol just minus the stimms. Af made her appearance Feb 18 only 5 weeks after her birth, so I'm on cd3 almost cd4 now.

If my af is normal I expect my next around march 16th then if all goes as planned will start down regging meds around april 7 with transfer around end of april maybe beginning of may.

I'm 27 my dh is 28, we have male factor infertility. We also have one son conceived naturally after 18 months of ttc and being told it would never happen.

Hi Kelly - I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. There are no words that can take away what you have been through. I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed that this FET is successful for you.

IF you don't mind my asking, when you first did your fresh cycle what was your protocol and how many eggs were retrieved, fertilized and subsequently frozen?

Nice to see another Canadian on here - there aren't a lot of us :)

Thanks ladies. I did long protocol with suprefact down reg and gonal f. My gonal was 150 then lowered to 112.5 I got 20 eggs 15 were mature and 11 fertilized. We put back 2 at day 3 and froze 8. We only lost 1 of the fertilized ones. I had ohss badly to and was hospitalized for 4 days and had to have the fluid in my
Abdomen drained. Not pleasant. I am hoping so hard that the first FET works. I don't want anymore heartache.

Things have been hard the last couple of months but I feel a very strong desire I be pregnant again. I don't think I'll fully get over her death until I have back what I lost even if it can't be the same baby.

Kelly :hugs: i cant even imagine what you have been through. Like the others said, I really hope this one works out and you go sailing through the 9 months.

Hi everyone! I've beeen reading the thread and catching up. Seems like a lot of positive energy here. I am looking to have ER around March 20th so I am close to a few of you. I start my meds March 5th. I have 2 needles a day and like Mrsmax and probably all of us, I'm not looking forward to it. My DH will be no help as he passes out at the sight of needles. I'm going to have to involve a friend when it comes time for the progesterone shot since it is given from behind my hip and I was told would not be able to administer myself. GL ladies! I hope we all get our BFPs soon. The IVF process is exciting but sooooo overwhelming!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->