IVF Buddies 2012 - all got our BFPs now awaiting the bubbas. Sticking together x

I did a fresh transfer with two day 5 embryos (no ICSI, and they had PGD testing on day 3). I was pregnant but miscarried at 7 weeks. We also had three frozens from that cycle, and four months later I did an FET with two frozen embryos. One took, and is currently sleeping in his crib! I tested positive a couple of days before my official test date, 7 days after the 5-day transfer. Good luck to you, and feel free to ask us any questions as you go along!

Oh I forgot to mention when I tested.. I think it was 5 days after 5 day transfer!

Thanks so much for answering!! It seems pretty consistent that most people were able to transfer 2-5 day embryos! I am still so bummed out that they only let me do one! I really hope that this works or I will be really upset I couldn't talk them into 2!!!

Heather, I know a lot of women that have done single transfers and were successful...overall success rates are ever so slightly higher with two, but it does not double your chances, and some doctors think transferring one is better with younger women. Fingers crossed for you! x

Heather - I had a 2 day transfer of pretty rubbish quality embryos (1st try) and I am now sitting in front of my gorgeous little girl. I was 35 when I had the transfer so anything is possible.

Have you checked out the IVF succes thread https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/491023-list-your-ivf-successes-here.html - people post all the details of their treatment. I devoured it whilst doing my IVF and lots of positive stories. Also, even if it doesnt happen 1st time there is every chance it will be successful subsequently. My friend in RL is just about to have her baby after the 7th try!!!

Congrats Daisy - sorry it was a horror. Off to check your journal now.

Re the sleeping on tummy - I spoke to my helath visitor and they said it was fine as Eva is so strong in neck etc. So last night I let her be and we all went back to 11 hours sleep :) Still worries me a little and probably wont put her in her own room at the end of the month as we had planned.

Heather I was bummed as well when they said I should transfer 1 but honestly now I am thrilled after reading about the stuggles with twins etc. Though a blessing they would be I'm happy to have had just the one at a time. In the future if we use our frozen blasts I believe we will only transfer 1 as I'd puke if they told me it was twins.

Oh same here! We put two and im kinda glad only one stuck! Although if i would of had twins I would have love them both very much but its alot of work one baby I can only imagine having two.. Yikes! Kudos to the twin moms!

agreed - I wanted both mine to take and now I am soooo glad they didnt as I woudl have been sooooo sick (I suffered with severe morning sickness). I am sooooo impressed by our twin mummies - they are amazing!!

Hey ladies!!! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me it means a lot!!! :flower: I tested yesterday.....5days after my 5dt and it was positive! I couldn't believe it! I tested again this morning and still positive! Eeeek!!!! My beta isn't until Thursday. I am hoping that will make it more real for me!!!!! :flower:

Great news Heather! This thread is a lucky charm!!! :) good luck Tgursday but im sure ur beta will be great!!:)

Congrats Heather!!!!! I love hearing success stories. Keep us posted and best of luck with it all - as others have said, enjoy every moment it goes so quick!!! :kiss:

Great beta number heather and congrats! I hope your second one is nice and high.

I just wanted to share my good news with you Ladies now Mums. I remember being on this thread and keeping up with everyone's progress. Congratulations to you all...you deserve it and your stories gave me hope. I cant wait to hold my forever baby in my arms in Nov. I will still be stalking this thread for newborn care advise and others that I will need in the future :D

Congrats babiesimready!

So anyone crazy enough on here to be thinking about having another one? Hahahaha.

Congrats babies!!

Nope not me! Not at all! even thinking of going on the pill! Dh wants another one! He's always working , he never got up at night except at the hospital and hedoesnt have a baby attached to his nipples all the time so yeh if that was me i wouldnt mind having another one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->