IVF First Round Buddies? April/May!

AidensMommy- no I won't be testing the trigger out, my dr advices me to test via blood tests on the 30th of June. I'm praying they stick.

I work in a stressful workplace and I was wondering if it would be better to take at least two days off, I heard implantation happens two to four days after transfer. I do not want to stress and affect the outcome

I just want positive thoughts

I had so much urine I was in pain! She started the ultrasound and said, "wow, your bladder is full!! Go empty some of it!!" I felt the same way. Hahaha! And they preventively said 'they aren't going to fall out when you next go to the bathroom'. So funny!! FXed for your TWW now!! When is test day?

Wish- 😂😂😂 the nurse pressed on my bladder, I was sure I would urinate on the dr. Test day will be 10d5dt that's the blood test. I don't want to stress myself hope the 10 days go fast

great!! hopefully you have something to look forward to next weekend that can make things go quickly! it helps me, for sure!
Congrats on being PUPO!! :)

N8ie, I personally would take as many days off as u can get. I took it easy through out my entire TWW and I was so thankful that I didn't have to work. I was someone who felt implantation, very strong! Plus I was extremely tired and my RE told me not to fight it if I felt super tired So it was nice being able to rest when I felt like I needed it. I'm also a SAHM so its been easier for me to take advantage of resting while my sons at school. Schools out now though so I won't be able to take advantage as much anymore! :haha:
Anyway, just rest when you can and take it easy! My RE did say "NO STRESS!" so if work is stressful, I'd take some time off (if you can without getting in trouble and causing more stress, that is). Good luck hun and my fingers will be crossed! I'm happy we only have to wait until the 30th for ur results! 8 days left!!! :)
Keep in mind that women work during their TWW after IVF all the time. I do usually read about them taking a week or so off but Ive also seen plenty of women who went back to work right after the retrieval! And they got bfps so don't stress yourself if you cant take off as much time as you'd like to. IVF is successful for many full time working women! ;)

AidensMommy thank you so much for such good advice and your kind words. I'm working but taking a laid back approach, I refuse to let myself stress. Yes 8 days to go.

hmm - I thought I posted but I guess not... I really don't want to bring the room down b/c of all of the hopes and positivity here - keep that up please!! I'm rooting for everyone!!

not good news - the embryo is still behind. It did develop, but only around 3 days more, so it's further behind than it was. There was a heartbeat but it was really low - 58bpm when it should be up over 100. And the yolk sac was enlarged, measuring around 6mm when it should be 5mm. So 3 signs to tell my RE that this just isn't a viable pregnancy.

I'll probably schedule a D&C so I don't have to wait for my body to naturally pass the pregnancy. That could take up to 3 weeks and a) I'm all set with waiting, and b) I want my body to recoup as quickly as possible so we can try again.

I feel like this sounds callous and I'm sure I'm not yet processing everything with this one just yet. Natural tendency to look ahead. But I also know how common miscarriages are, so it wasn't totally unexpected. Because of this, I don't think I was as emotionally attached as I could have been - was bracing myself, really. So I'm ok for now, just a bit distracted at work.

I'm so sorry to hear that Wish.... Look after yourself and take time to process it all when it does happen. Sending you huge big hugs :hugs:

Wish- I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong and know you are in our thoughts

Thinking ab you wish. Doesn't sound callous and it isn't bad that you are thinking forward. We all have different ways to cope and grieve and adjust to situations... Just do what is best for you

I'm so sorry wish. And you do not sound callous. I actually am the same exact way when it comes to dealing with things. I always think ahead and make a "plan". You will be in my prayers. My heart goes out to you hun. I'm sorry your going through this :(

Wish - I am so sorry that this has happened. It doesn't sound callous. Do what you need to do. Huge Hug!

thank you all - just an update - we didn't do the D&C today. B/c there was still a heartbeat yesterday, we weren't allowed to (something I did question in the back of my mind when deciding how to take care of things but didn't ask) b/c it would basically be an abortion. They scanned me again to make sure and it was about the same rate as yesterday, so we have to wait. I have another u/s scheduled for next week and if it's not there, we get to go through this all over again. Oh TTC'ing, how you mock me.

Wish, I am so sorry this is getting delayed. I makes the healing process so much more difficult. I swear infertility sucks!

Lots and Lots of hugs to you, Wish. :hugs: I'm sorry things are being delayed. I know its frustrating when your waiting to try again. I do understand why you waited today though. And there's always that chance that babes will be a fighter and surprise everyone. Regardless, I'm happy you are looking at things as best as you can and not giving up on TTC. You are a very strong woman... I can tell.

went in for my beta on Monday ....and it was a BFP!!!! still in total shock
i haven't been that nervous for anything in a LONG time, my stomach was in knots -- i felt like i had to be drug over there to get my blood drawn!!

Second beta came back from this am = 331 on 11dp5dt

It didn't quite double from my last one on 9dp5dt (188) but she was happy with it

Was going to do another one Friday, but we are going out of town....so will probably need to do another one on Monday

just been having mild cramping, which of course makes you nervous after IVF! but everyone has assured me that it is fine (cramps + crinone = plays tricks on your mind)

OMG MrsL!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :wohoo: :happydance: :wohoo: :happydance:

pay no mind to the cramping unless it's severe, it's going to happen with the uterus stretching and that embie digging in nice and snug!! WAHOOOOOOO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->