IVF for a sibling?

Exactly the same thoughts i'm having - as we are self funding now i am very aware of the costs and we are just getting by now, we used all the savings on my maternity leave last time, and with a new house etc (which we bought before i started on the IVF) we have not been able to claw a single £1 back into the savings fund..
I do not want to try unlimited times, we have 3 frozen - so i'm very much we'll use those and if it is not working with those, then i think that is just meant to be... We have an amazing daughter and we'll be more than happy with that!!

So we had our consultation.

We have 3 frozen 2 x grade B 1 x grade C. As I caught 1st time last time on a fresh cycle with a grade b egg it is very likely that I will catch again on the FET.

So the Dr advised as only 70% will survive the thawing process to try the grade b & c to implant.
Then we have the last grade b still frozen if it doesn't work.

I'd inject to shut me down, have a scan to check I'm shut down, then 2 weeks later to check my lining. Then 5 days of pesseries then pop the eggs back in.

We can start as soon as we like, so will get our bloods done then start!!

Apparently in my clinic grade a eggs statistically tend to be boys and grade b' s tend to be girls. So the likelihood Is that we will have another girl!!!!
No idea what grade c' s statistically tend to be!!!

There was nothing negative and the clinic have a 70% success rate at fet for the past two months!!! So it was all so positive. So we could get cracking as soon as!!!

That's brilliant news! Eeek, so exciting! Good luck, keep us posted xx

Good luck ladies! I'm feeling slightly envious you are cycling again ;-)

Yeah excited now especially after the consultant was very hopeful we 'could' be lucky again like last time.
Still wavering from being up for having potentially twins - but scaring the shit out of me at the same time. I've just got my body back after my daughter and slightly worried it'll be beyond help with twins, the money, how I'd cope if I had a section, how to cope with a toddler in toe....
It's such a hard decision to make!!!

Hi everyone

Could I join in?

I just started taking buserelin to start our first FET, I'd forgotten all about the hot flushes & night sweats! Lol

We've got 6 frosties from our 2 fresh ICSI cycles in which I've got a 16 month old son from our second cycle.

I'm nervous about FET as I found the fresh cycles so stressful, but obviously this is less medication & less scans which is slightly better but just hoping for a positive outcome!

I've got to go back to the hospital in 10 days time for a scan to make sure my lining is thin so I can start the oestrogen tablets, I just feel so nervous this time round.

Had anyone been through the FET yet? X

Hi everyone

Could I join in?

I just started taking buserelin to start our first FET, I'd forgotten all about the hot flushes & night sweats! Lol

We've got 6 frosties from our 2 fresh ICSI cycles in which I've got a 16 month old son from our second cycle.

I'm nervous about FET as I found the fresh cycles so stressful, but obviously this is less medication & less scans which is slightly better but just hoping for a positive outcome!

I've got to go back to the hospital in 10 days time for a scan to make sure my lining is thin so I can start the oestrogen tablets, I just feel so nervous this time round.

Had anyone been through the FET yet? X

I go for my lining scan tomorrow. Hoping for a transfer of one of our 4 frozen blastos early next week. So nervous even though we have done this all before. Still all the uncertainties.

Lining scan went well. Lining was exactly the same measurement as my last FET. Start my progesterone morning and night tomorrow. Embryo transfer is set for next Tuesday 10th March :)

How's it going Jillie? Did you transfer last week? Hope you're doing ok? X

How's everyone else? I've got my consultation this week, so hopefully will find out where we go from here. Excited and nervous all rolled into one! X

This cycle is a BFN. CP actually. Tested 4dp5dt in the pm. Lightest of lines. Same yesterday at 5dp5dt in the am and pm. This morning no progression at 6dp5dt. :cry:

Awww, I'm so sorry Jillie xxx Did you test with the same brand test? Just wondering if it could be a less sensitive one? Though I'm sure you thought of that :-( Sending hugs xxx

Sorry Jillie :( Thinking of you!

Hi aleja,

I know what you mean! I've been thinking the same, our daughter could have more time and money spent on her if it doesn't happen again for us. We're going to try and set a limit, I think, on the times we'll try... age isn't on my side either.

Good luck! :)

Well... my tests are now progressing... I am in limbo land! Not sure what way this pregnancy is going to go. Friday for blood test is dragging!

Fingers crossed for you Jillie!

We have our 1st appointment with the consultant on Tuesday x

I've just to wait for my period to come then got to call them to sign the consents and bloods to be taken - then offically back on the bandwagon.

Still in total undecideness about whether to go for one or two eggs. One day i think just one then the next i thik sod it lets just go for it...
Wonder what mood i'll be in on the day we have to decide!!
We have 2 frozen together and 1 on it's own.

Just got the phone call from my clinic... 10dp5dt/15dpo my beta is... 415!!! :happydance:

Usually they only want to do repeat bloods in a week but I have convinced them to let me have one next Tuesday before the next Friday weekly one to try and easy my mind a bit about it rising healthily.

Still shaking.

Brilliant news Jillie! So happy for you! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->