• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

IVF for a sibling?

Hcg came back at 1660 today. Exactly 48hr doubling time. Progesterone 34. Nurse said all my levels are fine. Blood test again Tues next week.

Great news Jillie! Wishing you a h&h 9 months!

Hi ladies. I haven’t been on here much lately, as I’ve been trying not to stress or read up on anything too much. But I’m pretty devastated at the moment and in need of a little support. I know many of you have been in my current place. We just went through a full cycle and today is OTD. I’ve been getting positives on hpt since 5dpt and they’ve been getting progressively darker. Even last night was a glaring positive. Well, today at the clinic for my beta, I started a full period with cramping. Great timing. So, I know whatever the nurse tells me about my blood results later today, this is not going to end well. I’m even angry that I think the hcg is going to be high enough that they make me return this weekend for a repeat test, just to prove what I already know. I’m sitting in my office balling at the moment.

I think the hardest part of all this is I’m blaming having the flu with a high fever at 7 and 8 dpt on this failure. Even my nurse says that fever is pretty tough on embryos. We transferred a high quality expanded blast, and everything seemed to be going well up until that point.

We do have one frozen embryo, so at least we have that (and I’m VERY thankful for that, don’t get me wrong). We also have our beautiful son on which to focus, and he’s a great distraction. He was our one frostie from our first cycle, so I’m trying to be optimistic. My husband just texted me that everything will work out when it is supposed to. As much as I know he’s right, it’s hard to get to that point.

So sorry you are going through this s08. :hugs:

Same thing happened with my miscarriage cycle. I got positive tests, went for bloods but started bleeding straight away. My results came back positive, but my levels weren't good. Nurses just told me to enjoy being pregnant and come back for bloods in a few days. I hated going back for those second bloods knowing it was all over. All of our embryos were great quality, so I was angry at my body for doing this to them. Why wouldn't they stick?!?!

But with that early miscarriage, we were able to move forward fast with a frozen transfer which resulted in our daughter.

Take care.

Thanks for your reply, Jillie. I hope we can transfer our remaining embryo fairly soon like you did.

Well, my beta came back at 135 today at 9dpt, so I should be thrilled. But the all day heavy bleeding and cramping is really putting any damper on any enthusiasm I might normally have. As expected, I have to drive an hour into the clinic Saturday morning for repeat bloods, but I'm realistic to know there isn't any hope on this one. My nurse seemed to think with my levels that I shouldn't be bleeding. We will we what Saturday holds. If things turn out like I expect, I'm having a big glass of wine that night!

Saturday's beta was 170, so still climbing, but obviously not like it should. Back today for more bloods and then decide the next step.

Had our scan this arve. One little frosty in there measuring on track with a good heartbeat. Back to my obgyn when I am 9 weeks. My fs is testing my progesterone tomorrow though just to make sure it is still all good.

That's great, Jillie! I'm sure that heartbeat was the best sound in the world. Congratulations!

I love seeing FET's work out. I'm a true believer that they are often more successful than fresh transfers for certain people.

Hi ladies , congrats Jillie that's lovely news about your scan. I hope you have a very uneventful pregnancy.
SO8 how did your bloods go today? I'm sorry to hear about the bleed.
I'm with you about FETs being better for some. I'm hoping I fall into that camp as I've just got a bfn from a fresh transfer. We got 4 frozen embryos from this cycle so I'm hoping one of these will become baby no 2.

How is every one else going ?

Thanks ladies. We transferred just the 1 frosty. No way was my fs transferring 2 so soon after my last transfer and it being successful. One of the nurses said some ladies only ever have successes with frozen embryos... and maybe I am one of them?

I had a good pregnancy last time just developed pre eclampsia which resulted in my emergency c section at 35+4 after I went into labour (didnt feel anything) after I was admitted to hospital. My ob will be putting me on low dose asprin and steroid injections earlier this time around to try and prevent it coming on. We discussed it all and did up our plan of attack after my daughter was born. Will have a c section bub #2 too.

S08 how are you going?

Jilly89 - that's the dilema i'm in - we have two frosties frozen together and one on it's own.
We were sucessful on 1st attempt with frsh cycle, so high chances of it working again - so i have an either/or option.

I personally want the one putting back in, but it it doesn't defrost then we have the 2 x frozen together, if they defrost i'd have to put both back in as there is no way i could say "nah only want one". Hubby is well up for putting two back in - but it scares me!

I have just started my period after having coming off contraception (i just wasn't ready physically for any pregnancy, so we are both ready now), so i have to call the clinic to book an appt for the bloods and consent forms to be signed. Got to get our shift patterns combined - but i reckon by the time we all combine dates then it'll be May that i start the shut down meds - which will be pretty much bang on the same timing as my daughter (she was transfered 25th May), so potentially egg transfer will be June ish..... so happy with that - as would love a spring baby, and my daughter will have just turned two!

Aleja, I'm so sorry to hear about your recent bfn. It's just not fair what we have all had to endure. I really hope one of your frosties is your baby. Will you transfer one or two at a time?

AFM, my third blood test came down to 38 or something (from 170), so it looks like the early m/c is going to run its course on its own. I'm thankful for that. I have to go back next week for follow-up bloodwork to confirm its back to zero. We'll "rest" at least one cycle before transferring our one lonely embryo.

SO8 so sorry that your little Bub couldn't hang on, however that's very encouraging that your levels are decreasing already rather than dragging out.

I'm also going to have a break in between- I'll let this whole cycle ride out then have an endo scratch next cycle...looks like my transfer will be in June at this rate.
I could also potentially skip the endo scratch but I'm not sure...
I'll only transfer 1 I think-- but If the next 2 cycles don't work then I'll put in the last 2 together. This sounds like déjà vu for me.

Well I'm starting my down regs on Monday for my first FET. I got the meds delivered today and it was surprising what your mind blocks out and forgets what I did exactly two years ago.

Timing wise it'll be almost to the day exactly the same as my daughter she was popped in me on the 25 th May - so I'm.hoping her brother or sister that were frozen at the same time is ready to meet in February time. Trying to think it's a good sign timing wise!!!

So been down reg for two weeks now, scan today and I'm all shut down. Now 2 weeks for hrt tablets then one more scan on the 27th to check the lining all ok, then potentiality 5 days later the egg goes in. So potentially 31st.

My daughter was put in on the 25th May - so essentially "if" it works they "could " have the same birthdays. Twins / triplets born two years apart!!
I'm hoping it's a good sign!!!

So been down reg for two weeks now, scan today and I'm all shut down. Now 2 weeks for hrt tablets then one more scan on the 27th to check the lining all ok, then potentiality 5 days later the egg goes in. So potentially 31st.

My daughter was put in on the 25th May - so essentially "if" it works they "could " have the same birthdays. Twins / triplets born two years apart!!
I'm hoping it's a good sign!!!

All the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"