IVF-How many eggs collected from how many follies? (just out of interest!)

Thank you! good luck all, its so bloody hard the journey is a long one but one day peeps.... x

Blimey RGN! That is the most I have ever heard of on here so far! Was the ohss really bad? Did they delay transfer and freeze them all?xx

The OHSS was terrible but it could have been a lot worse (I didn't have to be hospitalized). I gained almost 20 lbs within 72 hours and my stomach was super swollen. There actually wasn't enough fluid to be worth draining but my ovaries were the size of nerf footballs, according to my doctor. My left ovary ran out of room and migrated up my left side right below my ribs. I think I was lucky that it didn't twist. Aside from being bloasted and really uncomfortable (I couldn't stand upright, I was hunched over for about a week) my worst symptom was horrible nausea and vomitting. It's pretty much the worst I've ever felt for such a long period of time.

We did have to freeze all which I was disappointed about but at the same time I know I would have felt worse if I would have gotten pregnant so it had to be done.

Thats really dangerous! were they not motitoring you? I can't believe that! x

It was scary. But I was being very closely monitored. I was on the lowest dose of follistim and menopur as well. I think because of my PCOS I was just an over responder. They also didn’t give me an HCG trigger (or I think things would have been a lot worse). I had a Lupron trigger, which is supposed to eliminate the risk of OHSS but apparently I was a freak case.

Hiya rgn I have pcos and only got 9 eggs for 13 big follies! I have never read a story like yours!! Wow!

Northern monkey I had ec yesterday too! 5 fertilised can't wait to put them back either saturday or monday!

Northern monkey I had ec yesterday too! 5 fertilised can't wait to put them back either saturday or monday!

Brilliant!!! Are you in pain? mine was aweful last night better today but still like period pains. I am having transfer tomorrow, they all do it differently dont they!

Please keep me updated! xx

Will do, I'm not in pain today just bloated but I had to have painkillers through my drip straight after!

:hi: ladies

Just wanted to share with you
We got 12 follies - 16 eggs (no OHSS thank god!)
We were egg sharing so me and my lady had 8 each
5 fertilised and 4 made it to blast
We had 2 lovely grade blasts put back and got our :bfp: 4/5 days later (day4 was super faint :winkwink:)

Hi all can I just ask what is blast? I had collection on Wednesday and going in for transfer today and never heard of it until I came on here x

A blast is a 5 day transfer where the embryo develops into the next stage. Thats about the extent of my knowlege!

Ah ok, I suppose they all have their own preferences, I know mine is/are going back in today...................eeekkk x

How was transfer northern? X

Well I got 26 eggs from 40 follies! 13 for me then. Consultant said some of the supposesed 40 follies weren't follies they were enlarged tissue masses? Never heard of this, don't know if it's linked to pcos? Feeling sore, all bent over like a granny and only getting up to wee! Anyone else having/ had steroids?
Princess-thanks for sharing your info! X

Hye transfer was ok.....hurt a little and was uncomfortable because I needed a wee so badly :) I had 2 put back in. Now just have to wait the 2 weeks I suppose, they have given me steriods now to start taking tonight.

I have posted about the stats on another thread called 'had collection yesterday' I am so scared they won't take x

2 is great! Just feet up as much as possible, I really don't think I did that enough last time so plan to really do so this time! Have you got to go to work soon? Is this your first cycle? No reason for them not to stick, best of luck! X

Hey yeah they were grade 2 on each dont know if thats the way your clinic works? I am back at work on Monday and working early and finishing around 11pm! but I will come home from around 12lunch time and stay at home till 530 ish, then tuesday office bits all day then off wed through to monday but got my parents and sister and bf staying the whole weekend! they dont know anything though so gonna tell my sis as I will have to do all the cooking etc for 6 people for the week :) x

Hi All,

Northernmonke - well done for having 2 embies on board!!

Kazza - super ec! I am worried about fertilisation aswell (we are doing ICSI for really low count) so was really pleased for you to see your fertilisation.

School Teacher - whoop whoop - 13 - you must be pleased. How much time are you hoping to have off school? I was disappointed that for me half term came a week or two too early for time off after transfer but in hindsight I have needed this week to cope with the tiredness and fuzziness! I am hoping to have at least a week off.

afm - had another scan on friday and they are happy with how things are going.Another scan on monday with ec predicted between wednesday and friday.

Mine was ICSI for the same reasons too. I am so paranoid now! I keep coughing and feel like I am hurting them! I know its silly but is there anything I should be doing? I have pergestrone supositries, steroids and they said drink milk and water and take asprin. Obviously no hard work etc, but any other tips? x

That all sounds good northern! Coughing won't hurt as some people say that laughing helps implantation! X

Toch- best of luck to you! Icsi has really good fertilisation rates! Of my 13, 10 were mature and good to use, and 9 fertilised, so that's 90%. Last time I had 7 and all 7 fertilised so 100% success there because of icsi!

Yeah I'm lucky with half term falling this week, and also my head teacher being happy for me to have next week off too! X

Thankks School teacher for your comments on this and the other one, I have been waiting for a reply all day :) So what bit are you upto at the moment? xx

I had 26 follies - yielded 16 eggs, 15 mature and ICSI performed, 11 embryos and 4 made it to blasts. Trasferred the 5d blast with a rating of 1AA and froze the other 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->