IVF/ICSI: BFP but bleeding and low HCG... Losing hope!

cochy115

Reaction score
Hi there... It's been a long time since I've posted on these boards. Our infertility struggle has gone on for 4 long years with 8 faild IUIs.

This cycle is our first IVF/ICSI cycle. I had such high hopes for this and every step of the way was a victory as I have low ovarian reserve/poor quality. My Doctor and I knew I wouldn't produce that many eggs. Unfortunately, he was only able to retrieve 3. 2 went on to be successfully fertilized and developed into "beautiful" 2-day embryos. We transferred 2. We did a day 2 transfer since this was all we got and he believes in utero is the best (especially since I only had 2).

Weeks went on and I had a good feeling about this. Sunday (at 12dp2dt), I tested. It looked negative after 2 minutes. I threw it in the trash and was feeling disappointed and confused given my symptoms. I dug it up 1 hour later to find a faint line. Holy crap. I was ecstatic! I've NEVER had anything pop up on a pregnancy test. Ever. I knew this meant something even though it was invalid. However, my joy turned into horror as I started brown spotting. I tried to stay optimistic...

The next day, I got a real BFP, though still faint. It showed up within the 2 minute window, but the spotting continued... and got a bit more red as the day wen ton (though still plenty of brown/black stuff). I tested in the evening and still got 2 valid BFPs on FRER and a blue dye test (though still faint). Period-like cramps and bleed continue...

Today, at 14dp2dt, I got another faint BFP on blue dye this morning. Still spotting. I went in for my beta nervous as can be. It came back at just 19.4. The bleeding won't stop. I have another beta scheduled in 48 hours. The nurse is trying to be hopeful saying that this can happen when you're on progesterone suppositories and your cervix is irritated or it's implantation. This is more than just spotting though. :nope:

Ladies, it's very hard to be optimistic. The bleeding isn't stopping and it just doesn't look good at all... I pray to God for a miracle. This was our only shot at IVF and with nothing to freeze, this is it for us. Help me... give me hope... I haven't told anyone, but will be telling my mom and husband tonight. My heart is breaking into a million pieces. :cry:

Hi there... It's been a long time since I've posted on these boards. Our infertility struggle has gone on for 4 long years with 8 faild IUIs.

This cycle is our first IVF/ICSI cycle. I had such high hopes for this and every step of the way was a victory as I have low ovarian reserve/poor quality. My Doctor and I knew I wouldn't produce that many eggs. Unfortunately, he was only able to retrieve 3. 2 went on to be successfully fertilized and developed into "beautiful" 2-day embryos. We transferred 2. We did a day 2 transfer since this was all we got and he believes in utero is the best (especially since I only had 2).

Weeks went on and I had a good feeling about this. Sunday (at 12dp2dt), I tested. It looked negative after 2 minutes. I threw it in the trash and was feeling disappointed and confused given my symptoms. I dug it up 1 hour later to find a faint line. Holy crap. I was ecstatic! I've NEVER had anything pop up on a pregnancy test. Ever. I knew this meant something even though it was invalid. However, my joy turned into horror as I started brown spotting. I tried to stay optimistic...

The next day, I got a real BFP, though still faint. It showed up within the 2 minute window, but the spotting continued... and got a bit more red as the day wen ton (though still plenty of brown/black stuff). I tested in the evening and still got 2 valid BFPs on FRER and a blue dye test (though still faint). Period-like cramps and bleed continue...

Today, at 14dp2dt, I got another faint BFP on blue dye this morning. Still spotting. I went in for my beta nervous as can be. It came back at just 19.4. The bleeding won't stop. I have another beta scheduled in 48 hours. The nurse is trying to be hopeful saying that this can happen when you're on progesterone suppositories and your cervix is irritated or it's implantation. This is more than just spotting though. :nope:

Ladies, it's very hard to be optimistic. The bleeding isn't stopping and it just doesn't look good at all... I pray to God for a miracle. This was our only shot at IVF and with nothing to freeze, this is it for us. Help me... give me hope... I haven't told anyone, but will be telling my mom and husband tonight. My heart is breaking into a million pieces. :cry:

Aww I'm so sorry to hear this and hope your next beta increases as it should!!!!
In July I suffered from bleeding/brown spotting and I went for a scan and saw a healthy heart beat this was at 7 weeks. I did sadly have a mc some weeks later but believe it had nothing to do with the bleeding a suffered from first at 7 weeks.
I had another 5dft on Saturday so fingers crossed it all works xx

Hi Cochy, I am sorry to hear of your struggles and wish I could give you some hope. One of two things are happening, one you are having a chemical pregnancy, I am sorry to say it does sound like one because this happened to me a few months ago and I experienced exactly what you are. Or two, you have a slow implanter and this is implantation bleeding. I really hope its the latter.

I completely feel your pain and I really hope this your rainbow. Good luck with your next beta.

:flower:

I don't really have anything to add except try not to lose hope. I really hope this works out for you. I feel your pain. This fertility road is such a difficult one. Surround yourself with people you love.

:hugs: Ughhh, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I've been right where you are and it's a horrible place to be. I'm sending lots and lots and lots of hugs your way right now.

Pinkie is right. It really could go either way. I had bleeding with all 4 of my IVF conceptions: one was a miscarriage, one was a chemical, one was ectopic, and one was just fine. The bleeding doesn't mean anything. The low hCG number could be okay, or it could not be. My miscarriage had really low betas, didn't always double, but he grew fine. (Miscarriage was likely due to coming off progesterone too quickly, nothing wrong with the baby.)

Also, since you had two transferred, there's a chance that one tried to implant (initial bfp) but that failed and then the second one is now implanting and could be successful.

Whatever the case, I'm so sorry that you're in beta hell right now. I've been there so many times and it's just the worst. :hugs: Feel free to PM me if you need to rant/vent/talk. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->