IVF/ICSI/FET in September!!!

Blue12

icsi miracle xo
Reaction score
I am going to be bold ladies and start this group with positive thinking that I will have a FET in September!!! I know it is a bit early, but thats okay!

:hugs:

A little introduction -

I am Blue and I had an ivf/icsi cycle in july in which I developed ohss and had a lot of health scares so my very few little embies got frozen so that I could have a transfer at a later time. I had very poor fertilization rate, but I am hoping that my 3 little embies are little fighters.

Hope you will join me!

I'll join you! :hugs:

I was going to start a Sept thread - but you beat me to it. I was going to wait for AF to show, to give me an idea of when I'll be starting my following cycle, but if it goes to plan, mid to late September should see the start of Round 2 for us.

A little introduction -

I am Leilani and I had an ivf/icsi cycle in july in which I only had four follicles which produced three eggs (only one was decent) and none of them fertilised. We've had our follow up appointment with the FS and we are going to up some drugs and introduce new ones and double the trigger shot in an attempt to get some good quality eggs. My DH also has a low count, which is why we're doing ICSI.

Hey girls , recognised the names so just thought i would stop by and wish you all well. I really hope you both have better luck this time around as its so cruel what you have been put through!

Leilani I am so excited to share this journey again with you. I am sorry that we are here again, yet a familiar face is so comforting.

You might be joining the August thread at this rate, Blue!

So AF arrived on Friday, and I have to go through a natural cycle before we start again, so based on my previous cycles over the past year, this cycle shoudl be between 26-32 days. My protocol involves about 3 weeks of being on BCP first, so injections will start around 14 September - it almost seems too soon already!!!

Hi Blue12 and Leilani

You 2 ladies were so supportive to me yesterday so I thought I'd join you here (if that's ok). I assume I will be having a natural cycle in Aug and staring again in Sep. As you know I just started long protocol ivf which was abandoned as I only produced 1 follicle. Going back to see the fs next week.

Leilani - I hope you new protocol helps. I'll let you know what my fs suggests on Wed.

Blue12 - sorry to hear what an awful time you have had - good luck with FET.

:dust::dust::dust:

Thanks for the warm welcome Leilana

We have been bding today as even though there were not enough eggs to go ahead with ivf, apparently there is 1 follicle waiting to pop (21mm). That's quite big isn't it? Not sure when it will pop as I was still taking drugs yesterday - only stopped today. Got my fx'd but it hasn't happenned up to now so chances are slim I would say!

I'm not sure whether to join this thread or start one for October....

I have to contact the hospital with my August period, and I started my July one this morning. By my calculations (based on being through this process too many times already), I reckon I'll start down regging around the 10th September, start stimming around 28th September, and should have EC around 12th October. Obviously these dates are subject to change dependent on when AF shows up, and when the hospital can get me scheduled in.

Can't believe we're going through this a fourth time, but bring it on is what I say!!

Good luck everyone.

Hi Maz - sorry you have to join us. We seem to have similar cycles. I'm going to be on thre flare protocol, so only have 2 days to down-reg before starting stims. As this is your 4th IVF, how much have they changed your protocol from one cycle to the next?

Hiya Ladies!!

Thank you for starting the thread Blue, I will most certainly be joining you both!

I'm Chesca, had IVF/ICSI in Feb but developed internal bleeding after EC so my 4 little embies had to go on freeze. We will be having medicated FET in Sep.

Chesca xxx

Hi Maz and Chesca - Good luck!

I'm feeling a bit more positive today after my cancelled cycle. Have been reading up on different protocols and it seems there are other protocols they can try. (I think I was probably oversupressed and under stimulated on this cycle. We SHOULD have been monitored more - ah well we know better for next time). My DH and I have even agreed that we would try donor eggs in Spain if nothing happens here. Costs an absolute bomb but we both think it would be worth it!

I would be really interested to hear how everyone gets on with different protocols - I do not want to do the long protocol again and am goign to ask about the flare and the stop lupron protocols for next time.

Good luck everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:dust::dust:

Are you in the UK Silarose? And why donor eggs from Spain, I saw somebody else mention DE in spain too.

Are you in the UK Silarose? And why donor eggs from Spain, I saw somebody else mention DE in spain too.

Hiya Leilani

I am in herts in the uk. I have heard that there is a long waiting list for donor eggs here in the uk. One of my friends just got her bfp with donor eggs in Spain. I have another friend who lives in the same place who also just got her bfp using the same ivf clinic there (her own eggs). Apparently there is a different culture around donation in Spain - it is anonymous, donors get paid and there isn't a waiting list. It really helps me to think that there is a plan b - it's really expensive but I am saving already just in case! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Leilani

My protocol hasn't really been changed - always long with 2-3 weeks of DRegging, and I seem to respond fairly well to the stims. The 3rd cycle I was on less drugs as it was my NHS cycle at a different clinic, and that's the way they do it. This time I told the consultant to increase the drugs to which he agreed, and we're going to do ICSI again and try to go to blastie stage before ET. The issue we seem to have is poor fertilisation, and if this one isn't successful, then I'm considering going to CARE for further investigations. Hopefully we don't need to worry about that though.

x

Hi Silarose

CARE do a donor program, and from what I have managed to find out, there is only a delay of a few months while they match the donor and recipient and synch the two women's cycles. It's not bad from a cost point of view either plus you don't have the stress of a language barrier and being away from your home comforts.

x

Hi Ladies,

Do you have room for another one? We are hoping to start our first cycle in Sept. We have to phone clinic for hubby SA results tomorrow (but I know what they will be anyway, Nil because he has already had two SA and both were nil but the clinic have insisted on doing another) and then we can book hubby in for surgical extraction (fingers crossed they manage to find some) and hopefully start our cycle in Sept. I've been put on the short antagonist protocol because of risk of ohss but I have heard that the success rates are not as good on this protocol. I'm trying to stay positive and keep the PMA going. Wishing you all lots of luck for your forthcoming cycles x

Hi Silarose

CARE do a donor program, and from what I have managed to find out, there is only a delay of a few months while they match the donor and recipient and synch the two women's cycles. It's not bad from a cost point of view either plus you don't have the stress of a language barrier and being away from your home comforts.

x

Hi Maz

Thanks for letting me know about this. Where is CARE? xxx

:hi: Thanks for the welcome.

I am with care. They are based all around the country. If you google care fertility it should come up with their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->