Ivf/icsi/fet/ june,july,aug 2013, feel free to join for support :)

Congratulations Brandy as well there gorgeous !!!

Hope your okay blue and everything was perfect ! X

I did have my girls. Love them to bits and dd is adjusting so well. They are very good babies so its making it much easier. They were 6lbs 15oz and 6lbs 1oz.

awww congratulations blue what fantastic news! fantastic weights for them both too!!! x

blue I'm great! The girls are growing like weeds. According to the doctor were fighting some reflux issues right now. Overall they are great babies. They sleep 5-7 hours straight at night. They are 10.5 lbs and 9.4 lbs. Still small but on track with development so far.

Hope all is well with you and everyone else.

We're doing well too! I will send a better update after their 4 month appointment. We are currently in the process of moving cross country so things are a bit hectic. Just taking a break from cleaning to say hi!

hey all!

So nice to here all the sets of twins are doing well!

My little man arrived on the 1st May at 39 weeks weighing 8lb!, i ended up booking for an elective c section, such a contrasting experience to my emergency one! Hes been an absolute dream, hes a hungry little man and is gaining weight very well which is such a relief after having a little girl that didnt put weight on! He really is just perfect were still on :cloud9:

hey all!

So nice to here all the sets of twins are doing well!

My little man arrived on the 1st May at 39 weeks weighing 8lb!, i ended up booking for an elective c section, such a contrasting experience to my emergency one! Hes been an absolute dream, hes a hungry little man and is gaining weight very well which is such a relief after having a little girl that didnt put weight on! He really is just perfect were still on :cloud9:

Congratulations Rosie :)

Congrats Rosie!

Great to hear the twins are doing well brandy and Mel's.

Can't imagine doing a move like that Mel's!!!

My girls are good. They are now 12lbs and 11lbs. They are maintaining the 1lb difference lol. They have been sleeping better too 10-4/5/6. Dd1 had adjusted very well but experienced some jealously lately. I thought we had got by with no jealousy. It's hard cause if there was just one baby it would be so much easier. We will get through it and they will be three little girls who are the best of buddies.

Hi ladies, just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing? Last year at this time I was in IVF mode, this year a healthy 10 lb preemie ;) how fast time goes... Parker is doing great, he ended up with double inguinal hernias and had surgery 3 weeks ago, it was rough for a few days but he's great now. He still wakes to eat every 2 hours, crazy now that I'm back to work, but I'm still just so thankful he's here. Hope everyone is well, I'd love to see pictures <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Hey everyone !!! Glad all the babies seem too be thriving !!!

W8ing so glad Parker is doing good sorry about the surgery tho !

I gave birth on my due date !!! He was 8lb 5oz !

I didn't have the best of labors it was very traumatic !

My waters broke 11:30pm on the 30th June and contractions and I didn't have him till 2nd July 7:30! Think I was in labor 31 hours !

I spent 2.5 hours pushing ! Just using gas and air not my choice I wanted something stronge r!!! I had been on the drip also too accelerate things !

Anyway he came out sunny side up and gave me quite a bad tear !

Having him on me for seconds was amazing he is perfect but as my placenta came out I knew something was wrong I felt a gush and I screamed they all told me I was panicking and it was normal but I think once midiwfe saw the second gush they hit that emergency call bell!!!!!
I was thrown on the bed in a matter of minutes they was a lot of people in there ! I had an anti shock blanket on blowing out heat midiwfe squeezing fluid into me ! And the docter trying too control the bleed it wasn't working so the consultant got me too scribble on consent form that if they needed too in theatre basically too save my life could they take my womb out ! I was having a VBaC and I think everyone thought I was having uterine rupture !
Once we got to theatre I cried out becoz my womb had gone too a ball and hurt the midiwfe went that's good ! Anyway I was out under ga and they inserted a ballon into my womb too compress the artery where the placenta had been too control the bleed !
Once I came round I was taken too hdu on labor ward and stayed they 24 hours on oxygen then this midwife came too get me up and change my bed well when I got back into bed I had Joel in my arms and then I went funny I screamed then everything went white and I couldn't move ! I had a fit/faint !
They don't know why it happend I had all sorts of blood tests and Brian scan done !
Anyway I was on one to one again and back on oxygen then about 3 pm that I finally was able too sit up and breast feed Joel ! I had another blood tranfusion as HB was 8.3 (probely cause the faint) aswell as no sleep or good for 4days !
I was discharged the following day ! It was a though journey but I now have my gorgeous boy !!! !!!

I've been getting panic attacks about it all but seeing the midiwfe consultant for a debrief ! So hopefully that will make me feel better !

I lost 3000ml of blood which we only have 5000ml on and when pregnant maybe 6000ml in !!!
There was a lot of stuff that contributed too my uterus not contracting !
1) long labor
2) long time pushing
3) he was posterior
4)I was given magnesium sulphate (muscle relaxent)
5) I was in the sint drip!

Also when I was pushing I had no contractions too push with that should of been alarm bells then !!! Xxxx

W8ing he is so gorgeous!!!! I can't imagine having to be back at work so soon and still getting up every 2 hours. Hugs. You are amazing.

Betty - wow that is a traumatic experience. Were you considering baby 3 or had this pit you off? I'm glad to hear that baby is healthy and you are ok now.

Not much to update for me. The girls are well and gaining very well at 15 and 13lbs. They are rolling over and love playing in their exer saucer and they absolutely adore their big sister who equally adores them. Dh joked about having his parents take them for a night (not that he has ever done a night) and poor dd sobbed her heart out that no one can take her sisters.

Oh Betty! That does sound traumatic, big hugs, so glad you and baby are doing so well now <3

Blue - glad to hear your babies are doing so good and that big sister is loving them up! My toddler still isn't too sure about her brother, ha!

Blue my DH keeps trying to get me to leave the girls with his mother... I adore her but NO. I have never left them not even for a second lol

I have left the twins many times with my mom and my mil. At times I need to do errands and groceries. Also we have still wanted to have special alone time with Dd1.

But I wouldn't leave them for very long like overnight

Blue - I have a de briefing on Monday too discuss what happend ! With consultant ! After it happend the docter who saved my womb and life basically said that she would be happy for me too labor again just everything would be in place for a bleed and she would want me on the labor ward where I was anyway coz it was a VBaC!

How about you ??

Brandy how are you and your girls !? X

You think you will have any more blue ? Or you have enough in your hands with 3 girls xx

We have 1 frozen embryo. We are unsure what the right thing to do is. I don't want to really throw it out and I don't think I feel comfortable donating it (I would donate eggs but not a full sibling embryo). Dh thinks we should either try transferring it or donating it for research. I'm not sure what to do. I feel like the only scenario I'm comfortable with is transferring it. But I'm not sure if we can handle 4 kids all so young.

It's so hard to decide, isn't it blue?! We have 3 embryos left, and my dr has urged me against ever getting pregnant again because having pre-e with your first 2 pregnancies, and having it so much worse the second time, gives me a 70% chance of getting it early again. It's devastating really, everyone keeps telling me not to think about it right now and to just be happy with the 2 kids I have, but they don't know what it feels like to have embryos. :( I do feel so blessed for my children, just never thought we'd be done after 2. I just paid $300 for preservation for anothern6 months, knowing surrogacy is my only real option and it realistically costs about $50-80k, ugh. Anyhow, hugs, it's hard to have embryos and not know what will become of them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->