Ivf/icsi/fet/ june,july,aug 2013, feel free to join for support :)

Ok quick question. What is downregging? Also what is PUPO? I'm sure the answers are on the site somewhere but I'm in to much pain to look. In bed with a heating pad. I rap realize im behind on a lot of lingo!

desigirl-downregging is like when they give you bcps or other meds to suppress your ovaries before stimulating them...and PUPO means "pregnant until proven otherwise"

mells-yay!tats sounds great Hun..not long before your Et...paying your donor is perfect too::)

There is a part of this whole thing that doesnt really make sense to me..

I am on BCP and have been since 5/24. The BCP continues until 6/21 but I start LUPRON on 6/14 a week before I go off BCP. Then I start stimming exactly 2 weeks after Lupron starts.

Anyone know why the overlap? I should know this but I never really thought about it. All I want to do is get to the stimming lol.

The BCP cant be to get me in line with the others they are doing retrievals for because I started the BC and it ends on the same day my normal cycle would have been anyways.... So confused.

Hi Ladies! Hope you don't mind if I join you! I'll be doing my first IVF/ICSI in July with a projected ER date of July 17th. We have been trying for over 2 years. I'm 30 and DH is 29. We are still diagnosed as unexplained infertility, though I do have an overactive immune system for which I get Intralipid infusions and DH has low morphology. His DNA frag test and enzyme binding tests also came back abnormal which is why we have to do ICSI.

So, I just picked up my meds on Thursday... can't believe how many there are!! I restart BCP tomorrow after a 5 day break then begin Lupron on June 25. I can handle the sub-Q injections but definitely not looking forward to the IM injections! Yikes!!

Anyway, I hope to be able to share in this journey with you. Praying for the best for each of you! :thumbup:

Brandy - I have a short overlap with the BCP and the Lupron too. Not sure of the reasoning behind it though!

Brandy - I have a short overlap with the BCP and the Lupron too. Not sure of the reasoning behind it though!

ya it's weird... Atleast were close together ;) We need a few more to join and keep the excitement going! my expected ER is 7/10 FX that I have lots of nice eggies! Looks like my stimming is for about 9 days. Whats your calendar look like?

FX for you too.

Ugh! They called me on Wednesday and said they were sending out my calendar in the mail but I haven't received it yet. I've had so many problems with the IVF nurse following up and doing what she says she will. I never had those problems with the other staff at my clinic. BUT from what she told me over the phone I start Follistim on July 5 and am supposed to take it for 10-12 days. I'm not sure when I start the other injectables though.

How are you all managing your appts around your work schedule? Do your managers know you are going through IVF?

Brandy and Prayerful, the BCPs are used to manipulate your cycle so that they can control when you will get a period. It also helps to suppress your ovaries so no follicles start to grow. Lupron works to suppress hormones that your putitary gland makes which tells your body to ovulate. Sometimes it can take the Lupron a little while to real start working, therefore you have an overlap. I hope that makes sense. They do similar things, just in a different way. And the can change the amount of Lupron so that your follicles can begin to grow once you start stimming.

Welcome prayerful! wishing you lots of luck with your cycle Theres quite a few of us with past experience so hopefully between us we can give plenty of advise :D prayerful when ive had IVF first time a few of my close colleagues knew and also manager the 2nd time I only work in small office and we a re all quite close so they all knew what I was going through im quite lucky were I work as we get 10days of paid leave per year for fertitlty treatments which can be taken however we like as in 1 hour slots of 2 full weeks together etc

brandy as mells has pretty much explained the bcp is to regulate your cycle so they know pretty much exactly when you will be due af the DR inj are to basically put you into menopause so to make everything dormant almost like a blank canvas I guess before starting stimms

mells missionmommy desigirl and anyone ive missed how are you all getting on?

AFM looks like we will be starting our lastIVF cycle the end of this month if AF starts when meant to, thankfully the problems ive been having with my back hips and pelvis are nothing serious so we can continue although hubby informed me at the beginning of the week he didn't want to do it again but after a good chat spurred on by our invoice coming in the post weve decided to just go for it so looks like it will be all systems go for me soon x

Prayer No one at my work knows that I am doing IVF or that I have been TTC for 3.5 years lol. I keep it all to myself. My job is very flexible and I come and go all the time so they never really know what I am doing. I am lucky like that. The only part that is hard to get away with is the last minute needing the entire day off events... So hopefully I have a couple days notice for other events we will see though as I never call in sick they would assume I was just really sick if I did.

Prayer No one at my work knows that I am doing IVF or that I have been TTC for 3.5 years lol. I keep it all to myself. My job is very flexible and I come and go all the time so they never really know what I am doing. I am lucky like that. The only part that is hard to get away with is the last minute needing the entire day off events...

It's almost the same situation for me. Nobody knows but it's fairly easy to hide since I also have a quite flexible job and I work from home often.

Hi Prayer! :hugs:
I'm a "first time IVFer" too.

I finally started my new cycle (CD2 today) and will start BCPs on CD5. Still waiting for the clinic to contact me/send me a schedule too, so I hear ya Prayer. It's frustrating when clinics don't communicate well.

Heyy everyone!!
Rosie-heyy! am doing just fine..waiting for wednesday..am having lap and hyst. done!!
Glad that you are going to start soon and your issues are resolved..yay!
i'l pray it works this time for you:hugs:

Prayerful-Welcome:flower:

Desigirl-Hope you are feeling better Hun!

good luck for tomorrow mission mommy what will happen after you've had it done will you need to wait for any results?

hows everyone else doing?

im just about getting my head around the fact we are doing this all over again and that it will be our last go x

good luck for tomorrow mission mommy what will happen after you've had it done will you need to wait for any results?

im just about getting my head around the fact we are doing this all over again and that it will be our last go x

Thanks ROSIE!!
no results Hun...the hysteroscopy is for a polyp i have to have removed and lap is for endo cysts that are causing lot of pain!!! They have me wait wait for a month to recover and start FET in august:)

Mission, good luck tomorrow. I hope it isn't too invasive.

Rosie, hang in there..and PMA all the way!!!! I just noticed your signature...do you have two girls?

Hi everyone, I am going to have my first IVF in Aug, so excited and nervous at the same time. Would like to share the experiences with you all

Hi sunraybaby! :flower::flower:

Hope the surgery is going well today mission_mommy!

I am starting BCP today (finally). Will take the whole pack (21 days) and go for supppression check on CD2 of my next period. If everything's fine I'll start injections the next day :happydance: Estimated date for ER is July 20.
I'm not sure if I'm excited or anxious, I think I am both!

The pharmacy will contact us later this week or early next week for my med package. It IS getting real.

AuCa, exciting times ahead!

Sun, welcome. This is a great group of experienced ladies.

Thanks ROSIE!!
no results Hun...the hysteroscopy is for a polyp i have to have removed and lap is for endo cysts that are causing lot of pain!!! They have me wait wait for a month to recover and start FET in august:)

ahh I see! not long then to wait got everything crossed for you. are you feeling ok after procedure x

Mells lol no I just have the 1 DD although she can be handful at times and feels like I have too (wouldn't have her any other way though!) im just greedy with tickers!!!

Hi sunraybaby welcome to the thread wishing you lots of lucj and babydust don't be afraid to ask anything no matter how small or daft it may sound :D

Woop to starting BCP will you be doing any down reg injections along with the pill it still amazes me how different IVF can be between clinics and the drugs that are used! x

Rosie - Wow! I've never heard of any workplace giving paid leave for fertility treatments. What a blessing!! How many IVF cycles have you done?

Brandy - I haven't told anyone at work either. My manager just knows that I have a "condition" that I've been dealing with for 2 years and that the docs now want to try a new treatment. So far she has been very understanding but we are now short staffed with one of my co-workers being out for (of all things!) maternity leave, so she is starting to get more strict about my appts.

AuCa - Yay! Glad we are going through this together! In fact it looks like we are only a couple days apart. My ER is July 17.

What do you do that allows you to work from home?

Mission - How are you feeling after the lap and hysteroscopy today??

Mells - What does PMA mean?

Sunray - Hi! I'm preparing to do my first IVF too, in July! :happydance:

AFM - I finally got my IVF package and calendar in the mail today. Looks like lots of busy days ahead! So excited and nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->