IVF/ICSI/FET Round 2 (or 3, or 4, or 5, etc.) ladies trying again in 2011

Hi, girls! I started lupron last Thursday and will overlay it with the birth control pill until this thursday. Then, it will be lupron alone for a few days and will start the regular stims around Monday. So, I will start the regular stims around 1/10. Hopefull, retrieval will be around 1/24.

That's great MSG! Will make the update now. Is it the same protocol you were on last time?

Hi, ISI! No, the protocol is slightly different. Last time, there was no lupron overlay. And, this time we are using Follistim instead of Gonal. So, the actual stims will be 300 Follistim and 75 Repronex :)

Sounds awesome hun. Really excited for you! Can't wait to live the process through you and Inky this January, until the rest of us start ours. Good luck babes :thumbup:
P.S: will update the first page once I get to my laptop. Not quite working out with my phone :blush:

Has first ICSI in October/November...It failed :(
Moving onto FET January as soon as my period comes! Bring it on...I'm ready...I think, lol!

:hugs: Flower18. But I love your spirit, girl :thumbup:. Wishing you all the very best for January!!!!!! How many frosties do you have?

Hi Isi Buttercup...I have 15 blast frosties... and we're putting two back in this time as opposed to our fresh where we only put one. I do understand the chances of frozen are alot less... we've been through a whirlwind of a yr, and just recently found out 3 of my husbands cousins are preggo and expecting their babies that same time I would be expecting mine if I had gotten a BFP...so depressing! How are you doing?

Hi Flower hun! How are you gearing up for your FET :happydance:? Do you have an exact date for it?

Just blowing some more :dust: for all of us ladies trying again....and the first timers too.

It feels kinda surreal second time around. On the one hand, I'm excited at giving it another go....but on the other hand....I'm also afraid to hope. The heart ache from last time was devastating and not something I'd like to repeat again. I really pray with all my heart it works out second time around.

Sometimes, I wonder what could have caused the last cycle to fail. Maybe I didn't have enough bed rest (I was off work for2 weeks, but the day after the transfer, I was up and about answering the door, and doing stuff).....or maybe it was the lab that botched up my embies....or maybe an infection.....I really don't know. Doing everything I can to correct those "mistakes".....i.e. anti biotics to take care of any infection, new FS and 3 day transfer, strictest of bed rests for the first 3 days.....

Is anyone else doing anything different?

I did everything that I was told to do. I think from the results that mine failed because of egg quality. I'm hoping the changes they are going to make with my medication will be the key to our success. This time I am going to try to be more positive. The last time I think I was trying to convince myself that it wasn't going to work just so I wouldnt be sooooooo heartbroken but that happened anyway!! I was devastated!!! This time only positive vibes allowed!!!!!!

I know the feeling Wishful!!! And I am sending loads of positive vibes your way :hugs:. I just hope I can strike the balance between positive thinking and being prepared for any outcome. Last cycle, I was SOOOO positive.....I had even named my embie triplets :). So when I got my :bfn:, it felt like a miscarriage because in my mind, I'd already conceived those babies. Regardless, I guess the best option will be to be positive anyways :thumbup:

Just wanted to stop by and wish you wonderful ladies the best of luck with your current or upcoming cycles, I hope so bad this is it for you all.
Nothing new for me as my appointment is not until March, just getting myself and DH in the best shape we can be over the next couple of months.
I look forward to seeing some awesome BFPs very soon.
Much luv Abby

Wishful and ISI, I am trying to eat better and exercise in the New Year. But, my issue is also quality. sigh. And, quantity. My good friend just had two blasts transferred two weeks ago and just got her bfn. I guess I should be thankful that mine were only at 3 day and not fantastic quality so I never got my hopes up the way she did.

Hey girls mind if I join you, a few familiar faces in here. Hopefully this time round will be our turn ladies. Hopefully if AF behaves herself then CD1 should be around the 14th of Jan so I'm estimating FET around begining of Feb.
For those that don't know me, we did our first ICSI cycle back in Sept last year and after some major ups and downs,we came out with some good numbers and ended up with 6 blasts 2 of those were transfered and it resulted in a BFP but unfortunately I miscarried at 6 weeks. So here I am ready to go again and praying to god that those remaining embies survive the thaw. Wishing you all tons of luck in this rollercoaster of a journey.

Just wanted to stop by and wish you wonderful ladies the best of luck with your current or upcoming cycles, I hope so bad this is it for you all.
Nothing new for me as my appointment is not until March, just getting myself and DH in the best shape we can be over the next couple of months.
I look forward to seeing some awesome BFPs very soon.
Much luv Abby

:hugs: Abby! Thanks for the well wishes. I pray March is here before you know it!! We'll surely be here to cheer you on when that time comes, hopefully we'll have some sticky baby :dust: for you. I do pray this is a successful thread!!! Are you taking any prenatals? You have the right attitude, and I'm sure by the time you're ready to start, you and your DH will be in the best possible health!!

Wishful and ISI, I am trying to eat better and exercise in the New Year. But, my issue is also quality. sigh. And, quantity. My good friend just had two blasts transferred two weeks ago and just got her bfn. I guess I should be thankful that mine were only at 3 day and not fantastic quality so I never got my hopes up the way she did.

MSG, I had 2 blasts AND a morula transferred last time, so I can understand how your friend must feel. I'm only doing a 3-day transfer this time though. Don't worry hun....hopefully this time you will have enough good quality eggs!! I'm banking on you, Inky and Flower to bring the first :bfp:s to this thread :hugs:

Hey girls mind if I join you, a few familiar faces in here. Hopefully this time round will be our turn ladies. Hopefully if AF behaves herself then CD1 should be around the 14th of Jan so I'm estimating FET around begining of Feb.
For those that don't know me, we did our first ICSI cycle back in Sept last year and after some major ups and downs,we came out with some good numbers and ended up with 6 blasts 2 of those were transfered and it resulted in a BFP but unfortunately I miscarried at 6 weeks. So here I am ready to go again and praying to god that those remaining embies survive the thaw. Wishing you all tons of luck in this rollercoaster of a journey.

Hi Doodar :hugs:. We were on the October thread together!! You were one of those I was really rooting for and I was so sorry for what happened to you :hugs:. Yours was such an inspirational story and I pray you get your happy ending, come February. Don't worry about your embies thawing properly. They don't have a choice!!!!! We'll be here to cheer you on to that :bfp: :happydance:

Hi, Doodar! It looks like we are both back in the saddle again, so to speak. Good luck to you!!

:flower:

i also had failed icsi in november too, i am just waiting for next af to arrive and then im going for 2nd cycle, i think im doing the short protocol or something like that, i have some tablets and suppositries to use as soon as she turns up, but i have have one frosty as they messed my collection up big time :growlmad: so heres to us all then and hopefully some bfp's in feb/march

:holly: (sorry but thought this might make you laugh !!!))

Hi everyone. This time round I'm gonna try to be more positive too. I'd saved up loads of happy films to watch during my 2ww last time but it just went out the window ad I spent the whole time worrying and in tears. Am seriously gonna try to relax next time. Easier said than done, I know!
Good luck to everyone going again soon! It would be great to hear some positive stories on here - gives the rest of us hope!
Am thinking I won't start again until April as we need time to save.

Hi everyone

Just popped in quickly to say hello. Hiya Doodar and Dingleybell. Doodar I think I remember you from another thread. Sorry to hear about your loss honey.

There seem to be lots of us getting going in Jan/Feb. I have a scan on Fri, then stop my pill a few days later, wait for af and then stimming! I can't bear all of the witing aroung. Good luck everyone - let's get some sticky bfp's going in this thread xxxx

I have issues with quantity! I'm trying not to let it worry me but I only got 6 eggs last time. They seemed ok quality but I haven't been as healthy this time as I was very depressed after my miscarriage and then Xmas came along! I'm starting to try and eat a bit better and go joggin now though. Am also listening to relaxation cds and will book in for acupuncture from next week. I so hope all of that helps!

:flower:

i also had failed icsi in november too, i am just waiting for next af to arrive and then im going for 2nd cycle, i think im doing the short protocol or something like that, i have some tablets and suppositries to use as soon as she turns up, but i have have one frosty as they messed my collection up big time :growlmad: so heres to us all then and hopefully some bfp's in feb/march

:holly: (sorry but thought this might make you laugh !!!))

Dingleybell that did make me laugh! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->