Ivf June / July

mummyoneday

Reaction score
Anyone else going to start ivf June July time?... Looking for a buddy :happydance:

Hi at the moment I am starting a fet in March but just wanted to wish you luck for when you start!

Hi at the moment I am starting a fet in March but just wanted to wish you luck for when you start!

Hi star sorry for such a late reply. That's wonderful news I wish you all the best. I am so nervous have my appointment on Tuesday at ACS Glasgow royal. Had a round of ivf 3 years ago now. Reached my stim injection ovetrelle and next thing I remember was coming round from a seizure. Egg collection got cancelled and I lost what follicles I had collected. Continued to have seizure. Diagnosed with epilepsy. Then as the seizures worsened. After an mri scan I was diagnosed with a benign brain tumour. Long story shot I had it removed last January. I now want to try the ivf again. However I am petrified as it's where all the problems began really. Also on Keppra which is an anti epileptic drug. Worried about risks to baby etc. Sorry for a complete rant :blush: xx

Hi, oh other really sounds like you have been through it!
What is the appointment for on Tuesday? I bet you have great doctors so although it's understandable you would be worried, they wouldn't let you do anything that would be a risk to you or a baby following the bfps you're going to get!

Hi, oh other really sounds like you have been through it!
What is the appointment for on Tuesday? I bet you have great doctors so although it's understandable you would be worried, they wouldn't let you do anything that would be a risk to you or a baby following the bfps you're going to get!
It's to chat about getting started again. Yeah I suppose. Think it's just that my initial seizure was when having ivf and they where pretty bad I'm scared of having another really x

Hi how are you doing with the waiting?

My fet was a bfn :(

Not sure when I can try again but could be in for a long wait with my long cycles!

Hi there! I'll probably be starting IVF in June, though we meet back with the doctor in early May to discuss the plan. I'm still waiting for DH to do a repeat SA. Poor guy has had a kidney stone for a month and after one surgery is scheduled for another in a couple weeks.

I went in to TTC saying I wouldn't do IVF and here we are! I would jump in to adoption, but DH isn't ready until we've tried everything.

I'm a bit nervous about all the hormones, I'm glad we'll probably be starting in June and not May like I initially thought. I've got finals at school early May, and messing with my hormones at that point probably isn't the best!

Hi mk, hope dh is better soon!

I've got to wait 2 cycles before I can start my next fet so looks like I will be starting in June too

Hi ladies, checking in to see how things are going and coming along?

We met back with the RE, and DHs repeat SA was good so no worries about that. My AMH was low and FSH high. She suggested donor eggs, but we want to give it a go with mine. If we aren't successful we'll move on to adoption I think, but I also said I wouldn't do IVF, so who knows where we'll end up!

I'll be doing a priming cycle with my next cycle. I'm about half way through this one (had loads of EWCM so I'm near ovulation I suppose). They put me on the most aggressive protocol because of my labs, so I'm in for some fun! They said once I start stimming my ovaries will go from the size of walnuts to the size of oranges, I guess I should go invest in some more stretchy pants!!

So, one cycle priming, then start stimming cycle, estimated egg retrieval July 7. Then we will freeze all embies and do CCS to reduce risk of miscarriage and do transfer 2 cycles later. 4 months seems like a long time right now, but I think it'll go by quick!

Hi mk, that sounds like a good plan, I hope it all works out for you, just keep busy and time will go quick!

I'm in the process of my 3Rd fet trying for number 2 and scan today showed lining was nice and thick so transfer is next Tuesday, it's gone quick but I'm excited about another transfer although dreading the wait as usual

Hi Ladies! I am going to be starting stims around the mid-end of June with early july retrieval. This will be my first time so I am excited to possibly have some cycle buddies!

Hi Ladies! I am going to be starting stims around the mid-end of June with early july retrieval. This will be my first time so I am excited to possibly have some cycle buddies!

Sounds like we'll be close on our stimming, it'll depend on how long this cycle drags out and my "priming" cycle, but I'm expecting late June to start stimms with early July retrieval.

Star: Good luck with the FET! I'm guessing the wait is even harder after a transfer than a natural cycle!

It's awful mk Haha, with dd I tested after 5 days which was a bfp, second one was after 4 days and a bfp but blighted ovum at scan 7wk5d, third fet was a bfn and I tested from 5 days after transfer and it was so depressing seeing negatives every day, this time I'm considering waiting for otd to test but I get so impatient! Because I've had 2 early bfps before though if I don't get an early one I just feel so out!

Hi mnelson, I know I'm in the other thread too but I came here too as thought I wouldn't be starting until June but think I was told wrong regarding how soon I could start after my last bfn!
I'm going to stick around though and cheer you all on!
If this one doesn't work I could be starting again in July anyway

Hi girls. I'm starting my FET cycle meds this month & transfer is scheduled for end of June.. has anyone started meds yet? I got my schedule last week & start the nasal sprays next Saturday...

Hi ladies

I recognise some of you from the other thread! :) nice to see some familiar faces :)

A bit about me: I have a lovely DS from fresh ivf cycle in 2014, first time lucky after 3.5 years ttc, unexplained infertility. We froze one embie from that cycle (only one was good enough to freeze from the 5 left over...)

We had that FET earlier this month but sadly bfn's and then a beta test to confirm we were out.. was heart breaking as I didn't have af at all so kept getting my hopes up. We really wanted it to work as would have been lovely to have 2 lo's from the same cycle.

So we have been back to the clinic and I had an AMH test last week which has come back today at 11.1
I don't know what that means yet for me as I'm waiting impatiently for the consultant to ring me back to discuss next steps!!
We will more than likely start a new fresh cycle but not sure what protocol they will recommend. So hopefully she calls today!!

They did say we could start straight away if we want to so as long as af arrives on time in 2 weeks then we will start then.

Hope you are all ok today.
Chat soon
T x

Hi ladies! Sounds like some action coming up!

I'm CD2 of my priming cycle. Estrogen pills and testosterone gel and will add progesterone capsules later this month. I'll start stims in about a month. It's getting real, felling emotional, not sure if it's just normal AF hormones or the added, but don't imagine one dash would impact me much!

g_and_t, if that measurement unit is the same as my AMH test, I think that's really good. Mine was 0.6 and low...dr said the lowest she likes to see is 1.5...i have no idea what the unit is with that though.

Looks like we will all be so close in timing! My CD1 should arrive around June 22nd, and I will start stims on CD3 of that. So happy we will have people to talk with while going through the process!!
I am not doing any suppression or priming for my cycle. I dont know if I should be worried about that. My protocol is antagonist so my RE said with my age and good reserve tests I shouldn't need to do any of those things... although everywhere I read people did at least birth control or lupron before a cycle starts??

UGH!

g_ant_t Do you know what units yours was measured in?

mnelson, they are assuming I'll be a poor responder based on my AMH and FSH which is why I'm doing the priming. They probably don't expect any issues for you, I'm sure there is no reason to be concerned!

Argh I have no idea what they measured it in! They called me back but wasn't the dr it was the nurse again and she said they want me to go in to discuss options. I asked if it was a good score and she said yes, the average for my age range.. the annoying thing is that she's not free now til next weds so the chances of me starting on next af are slim. Cos I'm sure they said I need to do the hepatitis screening 2 weeks before starting my cycle and that means this week! It's all too close and we haven't even decided what options to go for yet.... so I guess we could try good old fashioned BDing haha and hope for some crazy miracle this cycle haha!!
So now I just have to wait for apt next weds..... grrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->