222excited
Chimmi
Hk515
Miraclemaking-cyst, so maybe iui
myonechance
Babydancing13
Stellagirl

Joining us Next Cycle Aug/Sept
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/2305963-ivf-aug-sept-2015-fresh-frosties.html
Hopethisyear
Kat_F
Krissy
Misscassie-fresh
SarahC14-fresh
Tifftc
Wish2bmom-fresh
Xxdreamxx

Thanks!

I am going to keep adding stuff to the front page that I look up from my questions. I know you veterans know this stuff but this is certainly is learning process for me.

What should my BMI be for better IVF rates?

The best rates for IVF occur between 18-25, with those above 25 losing upwards of 10-15% of their chance of success depending on the clinic. But BMI doesn't tell the whole story. IVF should be a great equalizer for weight since it is just combine sperm and egg, then put back in, but it isn't always and here is why. When doctors do your egg retrieval, the clearer the picture the easier it is for them to safely and accurately retrieve eggs. Fat in and around the abdominal cavity push the ovaries away so they are much more difficult to see and draw the eggs out. So if you have an egg retrieval superstar doc, bmi may not matter as much, but it could make that part of the journey more dangerous. Time for me to start doing sit-ups! @23.5 with some tummy pudge.

Good explaination and pics
https://www.advancedfertility.com/weight.htm

Next research question
What OTC supplements should I start taking now to increase egg retrieval yield and quality?

Hi! I'll join you here. I'm hoping for a July IVF so I'll be right behind you!

Thank-you! I haven't done anything to get ready yet, but soon I'll start breaking out the vitamins and supplements to improve egg quality. This will be my 3rd IVF, but my first with my current SO.

I'll be waiting to start supplements. I have an appointment on March 17th and as part of it will hopefully do a full blood nutrient profile. Once I know what I am low on I'll be increasing the suppliments. So far just a prenatal (Rainbow Lite), calcium with built in vitamin D and 4000 mcg of prescription folic acid. But once that is over will be hitting the ubiquinol, EPA:DHA(4:1), possibly prescription b complex and maaybe royal jelly.

Ah, gotcha. That makes a lot of sense. We did our consultation last year and were set to do IVF in October, but had some setbacks. At that time my thyroid hormones were a little high, although still within normal range, so they wanted to put me on some medication for that. I might look around and see about trying to lower it before we go back in. Thanks for reminding me I need to find my prenatals and start them up again. I have a box of supplements around here somewhere including ubiquinol, royal jelly, omega 3 supplement, etc. I might try to narrow it down this time and see which ones I really think will help the most. I also plan to start acupuncture again soon.

My first two IVF cycles were frozen transfers with my ex-husband. We got 42 eggs, 28 fertilized and 12 survived to Day 5. We sent them off for PGS testing (as I had several miscarriages) and only 5 of them came back normal. We did 2 cycles where we transferred 2 perfect embryos each time and neither took. We are opting out of the PGS testing this time due to the expense, but it has me worried since last time over half of our embryos were not normal. So this time I really want to work on egg quality and maybe my current SO's sperm will work out better ;) Last time we opted for IVF due to the miscarriages, even though I still had 1 tube at the time. This time I have no choice as I have now lost both tubes to ectopic pregnancies. You are wise not to chance the tubal factor and go straight to IVF.

Hi Ren - I can't believe we are over here together and Hi Ashely & Beneathmywing too!

**Copied from my journal**
DH and I met this morning with our RE and next step is IVF planned in June. We spent almost an hour with him while he explained IVF, PGD and different medications and supplements. We are being assigned a IVF nurse who will contact us next week with a list of supplements I need to start taking and start on a timeline. It's all very exciting.

The way my RE does IVF seems different from what I've heard most peoples experience. He does it over 2 cycles. The first month is all about getting the ovaries healthy and then doing the egg retrieval. After the egg retrieval the embryo is frozen and then the next month is spent on getting the uterus ready for implantation and getting the prior months high hormonal meds out of the system. Then the ET is done 4-6 weeks later. Has anyone heard of this before? He says he has had a much higher success rate with Frozen ET rather than fresh. We are also doing PGD

Anyway, the supplements he recommend is DHEA, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Growth Hormone and continue prenatal. He said I could expect 1-3 usable embryos. So it looks like it's supplements for the next few months and then ER in June and ET in July. I'll know more next week when my coordinator calls me.

Wooho, that is great news!

Because of a bunch of things I had to get bumped to the September protocol. The clinic just set their june and September dates and it turns out that egg retrieval is the day before we leave seattle. Since I will need daily ultrasounds that week and I will be out of state it isn't happening.

This is a good thing. It should give six months for my small intestine to heal if we can figure out what is up. That is the average time it takes. I have no idea what will be up with rheumy but it means I don't have to quickly finish diahnosis in April and move immediately to iVF drugs in May. It will give me time too to find out if there are any oral meds I need if I can take them via injection instead.

That's good they aren't rushing things for you. Get all the ducks in a row first.

Hey ladies, good luck with your cycles. I am starting FET #2 in April for May transfer. Will be having endometrial scratch too. x

Nice Baby Dancing!

HopeThisYear, are they doing day three pgd or trophectoderm PGD? I had heard it is a lot easier on the eggs to do the trophectoderm.

I have updated our preliminary testing dates on the first post. :)

Ok. So my doctors office called. They don't recommend any suppliments. I am to take my prenatal and my folic acid. They said nothing else has been proven through papers so they don't recommend them. This is very different from what I have heard from other ladies.

HopeThisYear, are they doing day three pgd or trophectoderm PGD? I had heard it is a lot easier on the eggs to do the trophectoderm.
:)

I have no idea, I have never even heard of that. What's the difference?

That's interesting that your Dr doesn't recommend any supplements.

Here is a nice review.
https://www.advancedfertility.com/trophectoderm-biopsy.htm

Thanks Ren. I'll have to ask but I'm thinking it's trophectoderm PGD. All I know is I have to wait between cycles so they can send it off to some lab. I need to make a list of questions to ask my nurse.

Not sure if I updated here. I got my nutrient level tests back. Looks great! So I am going to stay on my exact suppliment list. Prenatal, QNOL ubiquinol, calcium with vitamin D and an extra 3000 folic acid. I'll be adding royal jelly 3 months prior to retrieval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"