IVF newbie

Nelly special

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and it's my first time doing this.
Please I need help and advise on what to expect coz I'm going in for IVF by
April 4th after a failed iui😢
My doctor is suppose to schedule me for a Hysteroscopy before I commence my process but the nurse is saying it can be done during the IVF procedure. Not heard of it before being done like that. Any ideas please and who's with me on this boat.
Thanks a lot and baby dust to all of us

I would assume it would have to done before to diagnose anything that would hinder success.

Do you have problems with abnormal bleeding, undiagnosed pain, polyps or fibroids?

Thank you @ Messica! It was such a relief to get a reply. I tot as much too it's supposed to be done before. I was diagnosed this time last year to have pcos which I have undergone several clomid cycle but to no avail I even tried injectable a too.
I did those through out last year then January this year I opted for iui which failed.:growlmad:

I just had my hysteroscopy done last Wednesday. I have frozen embryos but they said they won't think about starting the transfer process until after my post op in April.

I just had my hysteroscopy done last Wednesday. I have frozen embryos but they said they won't think about starting the transfer process until after my post op in April.

Please redbrick are you saying you did your Hysteroscopy during your cycle of IVF or you did it before? How was the process please? Was it painful or just uncomfortable? So sorry for the many questions
I wish you goodluck

I did my hysteroscopy before IVF cycle. I'm pretty sure it needs to be done before because there are dyes involved. Mine did not hurt. It was a little uncomfortable because you're spread eagle with a speculum in (just like a pap smear) you might get some cramping and then there's some dye leakage after. All in all it wasn't too bad for me.

I think I'm confused....I had my Hysteroscopy done in the hospital, I was out cold. Not really painful though.

Are having a hysteroscopy or sonohystogram ?

Nelly,
The nurse may have meant that you can schedule your Hysteroscopy along with the other appointments/consult starting the whole IVF process. Typically, that is done after your consult so they can determine next steps. Mine doc chose to do a sonohystogram which was done after the consult and along with the "mock run" (done at the same time). I think the Hysteroscopy and sonohystogram are similar but as one poster said she was put under for the Hysteroscopy. If that's the case you have no worries! The sonohystrogram was unconfortable for me but not painful (other than the speculum). I think you will do just fine! It's the start of a very long road.....I'm a first timer and have to do a FET over fresh transfer due to my estrogen levels getting too high. My FET is scheduled for Monday 3/23/2015. Ekkkkkk! I'm nervous.

Ok all, I myself im a little bit confused, I had to call the hospital.the matron explained to me, tho I'm yet to have a finally discussion with my doctor.

She said I will start my down regulation on day 21 of my cycle which is on the 29th of March. I will be on the injection n tabs until I get to see my period, then immediately Im done with my period , Hysteroscopy will be done after which I will start my stimulation and the rest.

Thank you all for your support and advice I will keep you guys posted on my journey!wishing us all the best of luck on this journey!

Thanks so much once again

Nelly,
The nurse may have meant that you can schedule your Hysteroscopy along with the other appointments/consult starting the whole IVF process. Typically, that is done after your consult so they can determine next steps. Mine doc chose to do a sonohystogram which was done after the consult and along with the "mock run" (done at the same time). I think the Hysteroscopy and sonohystogram are similar but as one poster said she was put under for the Hysteroscopy. If that's the case you have no worries! The sonohystrogram was unconfortable for me but not painful (other than the speculum). I think you will do just fine! It's the start of a very long road.....I'm a first timer and have to do a FET over fresh transfer due to my estrogen levels getting too high. My FET is scheduled for Monday 3/23/2015. Ekkkkkk! I'm nervous.

Marbear thank alot wishing u all the best !i think we should just try to stay calm we will overcome, I no it's difficult but it will be ok!

Please what's sonohystogram for

Doc told me sonohystogram checks for abnormalities in the uterus as well as cysts. I think hysteroscopy checks your tubes and may be a bit more in depth

Hello dearies, just to kip you guys updated.
I started my IVF joiney finally for the first time on Monday 30th 2015.
Started with some tabs that would be taken for 7days and injections on my thighs.,it's what my doctor calls down regulation.
Praying seriously that this would be my first n last.
I forgot to say I n dh opted for icsi . Don't no if anyone has an experience to share
Thanks all for your support!

Hello dearies, just to kip you guys updated.
I started my IVF joiney finally for the first time on Monday 30th 2015.
Started with some tabs that would be taken for 7days and injections on my thighs.,it's what my doctor calls down regulation.
Praying seriously that this would be my first n last.
I forgot to say I n dh opted for icsi . Don't no if anyone has an experience to share
Thanks all for your support!

Just wanted to say good luck! I will also be a newbie with ivf soon! Go in for my scan next wednesday! You said you opted for icsi. Is that a lot more to add that on?

Hi all, I just did a pregnancy test with my hospital n it was negative 😢😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->