Ivf oct/nov/dec

Sweetness_87

Reaction score
Hey ladies. So after several failed iuis we decided to do IVF. We are going to be doing egg retrieval around Nov 7,8,9. I'm kinda nervous not sure what all it entails and if I will need pain meds before they take the eggs out etc. I have a class at the end of sept. but I'm very eager to know more. Also hoping it takes one cycle.

Any other ladies out there around the same time? Also people who have had IVF please share your knowledge

Hi Sweetnes this is my first time doing IVF I already have 2 children 16-12 both normal pregnancy tubes cut and burn at age 25...married now for 8 yrs and my husband has no kids...my doctor stated that I have a very high chance of getting pregnant at the first try as I had 2 normal pregnancies no complications full term. He performed a Hysterscopy on 08-13-12 then went back on Sept 9 he did a sonogram and found that I have 6 follicles on each ovary he said is very good for my age (38 in Nov), started Birth control pills 7 days ago and have an appoinment on sept 18 there they will be telling what I will start injecting mind you I already have all the meds at home : follistim 300, follistim 900, Ganirelix, Menopur, progesteron in oil, I have 1 Valum I belive that is used on the day of the retrival which he said is looking for the first week of October. I really hope and praying to God that we get blessed and given the opportunity of having a baby as we can only do one try as we have no more money and it is very expensive... I did not have to pay for the medications as my insurance covered it. Hope to keep in touch I really need a buddy....and lots of baby dust going your way ...wish you the best

Hi Sweetness_87 and Sweetbabies. I too am new to IVF and trying for #1. I've been on bc since Aug 23rd and just started my Lupron today. I have my gonal-f, menopur, and ovidrel. And now I'm just waiting... excited and nervous all at the same time. It would be really nice to have some buddies along this journey. I think I'm headed towards a roller coaster of emotions. We can be here for one another. :thumbup:

Hey ladies sorry it took a bit to get back on here as I work in two ERs and work a mid shift. But that's about to change because I'm just going to work weekends. I'm pretty excited. But anyway good luck to both of you! I'm not even starting to ivf til Nov. I have a class next week so we will see. I'm just hoping it works.

What previous infertility treatments did you have before this? You might have said but not sure

IVF is my first treatment. I have endometriosis and a tube some scarring which may not be functional. So we decided to proceed with IVf versus any other methods. November will be here before you know it. Good luck with your class. Is the class for treatment teaching?

Hi Sweetness, sweetbabies and t84! I have a follow-up appt Monday with my doctor, but I am hoping to start another IVF cycle in December/January time. I may be a little later then you girls, but I just went through my second IVF cycle and it failed. I have a 3 year old son with DH, but when I had him I decided to tie my tubes :dohh:, then had a reversal, now only one good tube left and the fact that I am 38, they wanted to go straight to IVF to increase my chances. I am hoping third times a charm for me!

hi everyone hope its ok to join you. my husband and i have been trying to concieve for almost 3 years now and 2 years of not trying but not preventing before that. we then found out that there is male factor infertility and we would need ICSI if we are to have any chances of conceiving.

I have an 8 year old son from a previous relationship but my husband and I would love to have a little bundle of our own and my son is always saying he would love a little sister or brother.

we finally received a letter today saying we have reached the top of the NHS waiting list and have our screening appoinment on monday 17/9, also i will be starting the BCP around 26/9. im not sure what that means with regards to starting any medications as im pretty clueless about that part of this even though i seem to be forever reading about it all.

Fx we all get our 2013 :baby:

Hi tcmc! You will be on birth control probably a couple week; I was on it for 19 days with my last cycle. Then after they had me stop, I had to wait for AF to show and call them, then go there on day 3 of my cycle for a baseline scan. Then started stimming that evening. Good luck!!

I have my follow-up today with my doctor; hopefully to get some answers and hopefully start another cycle soon!

Hi all - I'll add to the "sweet" folks in the group :winkwink:

We just started BCP last weekend for IVF#2. Our retreival should be on or about October 17. Our issue is supposedly just male factor (e.g. nothing wrong with me), but I have never been pregnant at all, so I'm always concerned there is something unknown with me as well.

After our last failure, we have added acupuncture, endo scratch, microdose lupron (vs regular) and dexamethasone to this cycle. I also have to take an allergy protocol as we discovered that I'm allergic to progesterone, which is needed in high amounts after retreival.

Best of luck to all of you. I know how scary it was the first time, because it was so unknown, but I promise it is so much more of a smooth process than you can expect.

Hi tcmc! You will be on birth control probably a couple week; I was on it for 19 days with my last cycle. Then after they had me stop, I had to wait for AF to show and call them, then go there on day 3 of my cycle for a baseline scan. Then started stimming that evening. Good luck!!

I have my follow-up today with my doctor; hopefully to get some answers and hopefully start another cycle soon!

so blood screening appointment all good and quick and easy, just have to wait for AF to show which should be nxt week 26/9. prob the first time i have looked forward to it coming lol thats when i will start BCP and go back to the clinic to get my protocol (long protocol) and all the meds and injection training. i'm so excited can't wait to get the ball rolling :happydance:

the only thing i am a wee bit worried about is EC (which i know is a while away yet) but the clinic i am with apparently doesn't sedate you and i cant imagine a needle going where it has to go is gonna be very comfortable or easy to lie still for :nope:

IVF is my first treatment. I have endometriosis and a tube some scarring which may not be functional. So we decided to proceed with IVf versus any other methods. November will be here before you know it. Good luck with your class. Is the class for treatment teaching?

When did you say that you start IVF? Also yes this will be my IVF class. Im kinda nervous even though I have already had tons of IUIs shots etc. Just a new ball game. Dont know what to expect but glad to go through it with everyone! Did you have to take a class?

Hi Sweetnes this is my first time doing IVF I already have 2 children 16-12 both normal pregnancy tubes cut and burn at age 25...married now for 8 yrs and my husband has no kids...my doctor stated that I have a very high chance of getting pregnant at the first try as I had 2 normal pregnancies no complications full term. He performed a Hysterscopy on 08-13-12 then went back on Sept 9 he did a sonogram and found that I have 6 follicles on each ovary he said is very good for my age (38 in Nov), started Birth control pills 7 days ago and have an appoinment on sept 18 there they will be telling what I will start injecting mind you I already have all the meds at home : follistim 300, follistim 900, Ganirelix, Menopur, progesteron in oil, I have 1 Valum I belive that is used on the day of the retrival which he said is looking for the first week of October. I really hope and praying to God that we get blessed and given the opportunity of having a baby as we can only do one try as we have no more money and it is very expensive... I did not have to pay for the medications as my insurance covered it. Hope to keep in touch I really need a buddy....and lots of baby dust going your way ...wish you the best

How is your cycle going??? Also are they going to put you alseep during egg retrieval?? I hope it works for you!!!!!

Hi Sweetness, sweetbabies and t84! I have a follow-up appt Monday with my doctor, but I am hoping to start another IVF cycle in December/January time. I may be a little later then you girls, but I just went through my second IVF cycle and it failed. I have a 3 year old son with DH, but when I had him I decided to tie my tubes :dohh:, then had a reversal, now only one good tube left and the fact that I am 38, they wanted to go straight to IVF to increase my chances. I am hoping third times a charm for me!

Oh no thats no good! It is probably very hard to do that many cycles. But glad you know lots because im am sooooo lost with IVF. How did it go? Do you have any tips? I pray the third cycle works! I will also be a late IVF starter. I dont do it until Nov 7

hi everyone hope its ok to join you. my husband and i have been trying to concieve for almost 3 years now and 2 years of not trying but not preventing before that. we then found out that there is male factor infertility and we would need ICSI if we are to have any chances of conceiving.

I have an 8 year old son from a previous relationship but my husband and I would love to have a little bundle of our own and my son is always saying he would love a little sister or brother.

we finally received a letter today saying we have reached the top of the NHS waiting list and have our screening appoinment on monday 17/9, also i will be starting the BCP around 26/9. im not sure what that means with regards to starting any medications as im pretty clueless about that part of this even though i seem to be forever reading about it all.

Fx we all get our 2013 :baby:

Of course you can join us! :). A couple questions. Whats NHS? and how did your screening go today? And yes I have my fx we will all get a BFP this IVF round1!

Hi all - I'll add to the "sweet" folks in the group :winkwink:

We just started BCP last weekend for IVF#2. Our retreival should be on or about October 17. Our issue is supposedly just male factor (e.g. nothing wrong with me), but I have never been pregnant at all, so I'm always concerned there is something unknown with me as well.

After our last failure, we have added acupuncture, endo scratch, microdose lupron (vs regular) and dexamethasone to this cycle. I also have to take an allergy protocol as we discovered that I'm allergic to progesterone, which is needed in high amounts after retreival.

Best of luck to all of you. I know how scary it was the first time, because it was so unknown, but I promise it is so much more of a smooth process than you can expect.

Welcome! Hopefully the second one will be a BFP! What is your DH count? ALso I have NEVER had a positive either so that worries me a lot. But after my LAP surg. they found a lot wrong and I should have been preg by now. but of course not. So im praying praying the first round of IVF takes. Granite, my egg retrieval isnt until Nov 7,8 or 9 so im way behind

sweetness the NHS is the national health service, depending on which primary care trust we live in you can either be entitled to one two or three free cycles of ivf. myself and my husband are only entitled to one free try and wouldnt be able to afford to fund a 2nd cycle ourselves so really all our hopes of having a baby together are pinned on this one free go :-(

everything went great with the screening i was just a little disappointed that we did not get to see the doctor but just the nurses, they were really nice, i was just looking forward to seeing the doctor as i had a list of questions the length of my arm!! looking forward to next week tho when i start BCP and thats when i will go in for an appointment with my FS to pick up all the drugs and have the needle training. its all very exciting :happydance:

Hi there, I have just started down regging today so egg retrieval is likely to be early October. Feeling positive but also nervous and just hoping that it will work!

We are doing ICSI through a private hospital x

Welcome tcmc & macca!

Sweetness - I will actually be starting now in November! I had my follow-up yesterday and he said that unfortunately the second cycle was worse then my first. Since my first I actually did get pg, just ended in a MC. So he wants to put me back on the same lupron protocol that I did on my first cycle but this time just increase my follistum dosage to get better quality eggs. He thinks that if we get better eggs I will have a better chance this next cycle....third time has to be a charm, right ;)

So I will call with my next AF, should be around October 1, then will go in Oct 22 for blood/scan and then start lupron. The nurse said I would stim around Nov 7 and retrieval is estimated right now for Nov 18, which is DH's birthday! I am actually glad to have a plan in place and start again this year.

I feel like and IVF veteran now going through 2 cycles already, so ask any questions you have...I was on the long lupron protocol for my first cycle and will be again for my third and my second cycle I did the cycle using ganirelix/cetrotide protocol which seemed to keep me more suppressed then lupron. I will be doing lovenox injections again this cycle along with taking metanx since I have the MTHFR gene.

sweetness the NHS is the national health service, depending on which primary care trust we live in you can either be entitled to one two or three free cycles of ivf. myself and my husband are only entitled to one free try and wouldnt be able to afford to fund a 2nd cycle ourselves so really all our hopes of having a baby together are pinned on this one free go :-(

everything went great with the screening i was just a little disappointed that we did not get to see the doctor but just the nurses, they were really nice, i was just looking forward to seeing the doctor as i had a list of questions the length of my arm!! looking forward to next week tho when i start BCP and thats when i will go in for an appointment with my FS to pick up all the drugs and have the needle training. its all very exciting :happydance:

Oh I see I wonder if my state has the NHS, I will have to look. And how long do you (we) have to be on BCP, or will it be different for everyone?

AFM- I have an appt next Tues for the IFV training class and to meet with the doc, which I have a trillion questions as well! Im just ready for it to be Nov so they can get my eggs :)

Hi there, I have just started down regging today so egg retrieval is likely to be early October. Feeling positive but also nervous and just hoping that it will work!

We are doing ICSI through a private hospital x

Welcome!!!! is this your first treatment or have you tried others? And hopefully we will all get our BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->