IVF October/November ???

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Getting ready to start my first round of ivf and my one here going through a cycle at a similar time ?
Or offer me any advice ?

Getting ready to start my first round of ivf and my one here going through a cycle at a similar time ?
Or offer me any advice ?

Hi Lucy. I'm Natasha. I am about to start icsi. Just waiting on my bleed then the stims start what stage are you at hun x x

If my results come back this week I start norethisterone tablets then but if they don't then I will have to wait till next cycle. Which means November before getting my injections etc.( Try not to be too hopeful for next week.
How are u feeling about it all?
How long have you been trying ? Is this your first round ?

Hi Lucy!
I just did my first IVF in September...and there is a lot of info on that feed if you want to look over it. Doing my second round now on day 5 of injectables. When do you start? -K

Hi! I'm Sarah. I got a BFP on my first round of IVF two years ago. When he turned one we went back to try for a sibling. We've cycled twice with BFNs,and now I'm on to my last try (insurance covers 3 tries per live birth). I'm DOR and have been using the estrogen priming protocol, but this time my doctor wants to try testosterone and estrogen priming. So I start with testosterone gel tomorrow. I'll start stimming next month. Good Luck to everyone!! Would love to keep this thread going for support and luck!

Sarah, I also am DOR and did estrogen priming and testosterone along with growth hormone (haven't seen anyone else using that in here yet). My AFC was in the double digits but don't recall exactly, we retrieved like 16 eggs. We did a freeze all and ended up with 4 embryos after PGS.

Lucy, what I found was all the meds was intimidating at first (and I'm a nurse) but after a couple of days you get real used to it. Just keep your med calendar handy. I got overly confident my first FET cycle and messed up my meds delaying transfer by almost a week. I found belly shots easy to do myself but used DH for my intramuscular trigger and progesterone shots.

I start my first injection tomorrow morning ! Feeling nervous! But I'm hoping it isn't as bad as I'm expecting!
Thanks you guys for replying!

Thanks MKaykes. I asked my clinic about HGH as I've heard it can help with egg quality, but they said they don't use it as part of their protocols. I do trust my doctor, so I want to believe she knows what is best for me, but part of me wonders what would happen if she let me add the HGH as well...

Can I ask how long you guys have taken your injections for ?before egg collection? Is it 2weeks ? I know I'm to take mine for a week and have my first scan and see how I am, just wondering how long I should expect to be taking them?

Can I ask how long you guys have taken your injections for ?before egg collection? Is it 2weeks ? I know I'm to take mine for a week and have my first scan and see how I am, just wondering how long I should expect to be taking them?

I started stims on a Friday and my retrievals have always been the next Monday or Tuesday. So 11ish days. But I think it's different for everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Thought I would join in! I am doing my first FET tomorrow, my fresh round in July caused OHSS so I had to do a freeze-all.

I stimmed for 9 days then. At my clinic you have your first ultrasound on day 5 of stims and then you determine where to go from there. I think the usual stim time is 8-12 days.

If my results come back this week I start norethisterone tablets then but if they don't then I will have to wait till next cycle. Which means November before getting my injections etc.( Try not to be too hopeful for next week.
How are u feeling about it all?
How long have you been trying ? Is this your first round ?
Hi Lucy so sorry I haven't been back on. I tend to use baby centre a lot more than here. I ended up not taking norosthisterone in the end. I was stimming for ten days. I had my egg collection this morning and they got 13. Now the dreaded wait for the phone call tommorow to see how many have fertilised. I wish you all the very best with your cycle and if any concerns ask as many questions as you like xxx

Hi all,

I'm doing a FET on November 7, so I'd love to join you.

I had my first scan and bloodwork yesterday, and my estrogen levels are a bit high, so I have to go back and repeat the test tomorrow. Hopefully all will be well. I've always responded perfectly to the medications, so this uncertainty is new to me. I'm just adding it to the list of things to worry about. :-/

Lucy, how did your first injection go???

Amy

Lucy,

How are your injections going? For me, I started one med once a day on day 2, then added one on day 6 (2 injections a day total). That lasted until day 13, when I just did the trigger shot and the shot to prevent ovulation (cetrotide). So all in all from day 2 to day 13 (ER was on the 15th) I had 20 shots. This round I started the same, however the added menopur. Now I have three shots a day, and it's progressing faster so I may have ER a few days earlier.
I was super nervous starting them (even though I am also a nurse), but after a couple of days it became a lot easier. I don't look forward to them by any means, but I find that its not as bad as I made it out to be. A couple of them are uncomfortable (menopur burns-so go slow with the injection & Cetrotide can sometimes cause itching/swelling/histamine reaction at the site)

Good luck to everyone! DH and I are on day 9 of the second IVF. (Last one ended with only one blast to tx). We are awaiting results from today's labs, but it's looking good with a good cohort of eggs between 11-15mm. ICSI is the plan this time due to poor response of fertilization with my 17 eggs that were mature (out of 20). We have no issues with sperm/egg quality, so it's a mystery why they aren't fertilizing.

Hope everyone has an awesome Thursday! :thumbup::thumbup::coffee:

Kk, when is your retrieval? You must be getting close!

I think I've blocked out of my mind the stinging from the Menopur in my fresh cycle. I just have vague memories of trying to find decent injection sites among the big red splotches across my belly. Ugh.

Amy-

I'm thinking ER will be early next week? I have an appt tomorrow so hopefully I will have a better idea.
Menopur is the worst. I didn't have any bruising last cycle and now it's looks like I have been punched. Oh well, hopefully almost at the end point
! Day 11 tomorrow. :)
-K

I'm out already. My estrogen levels shot up yesterday, which apparently means I have a dominant follicle and my clinic cancels FETs if that happens.

I have no answers about why that happened or how to prevent it next time, which is the worst part. I couldn't quite pull myself together to ask more questions on the phone when the nurse called.

I may disappear for a while, but I'll try to check back and see how you're all doing. Best of luck, ladies!

I'm sorry amy! It stinks to have no idea why and waiting is the only option. Enjoy your time off from this and see you when you return. :)
K

Hi ladies, I was hoping I could join!

We are about to start our first cycle of IVF. We have our "Treatment Information Appointment" this Friday afternoon, and I will also have a Saline Infusion Sonogram and a Pipelle Procedure on that day. They have told us that retrieval is scheduled for 24th November at the moment, though of course they could change depending on how I respond. Not sure what kind of medications I will be taken or for how long yet, but I'm sure I will get all that info on Friday.

I'm feeling pretty nervous about the whole thing to be honest! I guess part of that is not knowing how I'm going to feel physically, but also how I'm going to take it if it doesn't work etc. etc. Ahh, such a roller coaster of emotions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->