IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Mrs W 11

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to be doing my third attempt at IVF in late November hopefully a d just wondered if anyone else was going to be doing a cycle at a similar time and wants to chat?

I am 35 and have a 3 year old from a natural pregnancy. We started ttc no 2 after 14 months as we wanted a 2 year age gap and again got pregnant quickly but that ended in mmc at 12 weeks. Since then I have been unable to get pregnant and in January was diagnosed with low amh. My first ivf I got 6 eggs but bfn. My second attempt my follies didn't respond well (I believe because I was ill and stressed!) so we converted to iui. We have enough savings for one more ivf so this is our last chance to give our dd a sibling!!

A few threads seems a bit quiet and just wondered if anyone else is up for some daily chat, keep each other sane while we wait for treatment and give support during each others cycles.

:hi:
I have a 20 month old daughter from my first IVF.

We are hoping to start an FET ASAP hopefully on my next af for baby number two. We have 2 day 5 blasts and we are considering using both if they let us.

No needles on this medicated FET just nasal spray, oestrogen and progesterone.

I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage :hugs:

Hi scerena! Congrats on your little girl! I have a daughter too although mne is 3 now, cant believe how quickly that's gone!

Fab news that you had some blasts in the freezer to use. Wishing you the best of luck with your FET, when is AF due?

I don't have my protocol yet but my clinic said to expect the cycle to happen end of November so you are likely ahead of me.

Congratulations on your little girl too :) time does fly by doesn't it!

My cycles are VERY irregular I'm only cd20 but could be up to cd56ish so that would be around November so not sure on a start date!

What protocol did you do last time? With your first cycle Did your embryos make it to blasts?
Was your first and second cycles different protocols?

That must be frustrating to have such irregular cycles when you are TTC or do treatment. Do you know why they are so irregular? Well I hope this is a shorter cycle for you and AF doesn't keep you waiting so that you can get started sooner! But I am happy to keep you company as I have ages to wait yet!

My first protocol was antagonist. No we didn't get any blasts, I only had 1 embryo left by day 2 so we transferred it. The thought was that the drugs did not do anything for the egg quality. Second cycle we did long protocol and that didn't suit me at all, I have only got one ovary and it didn't really respond, I think they over supressed me. I always thought IVF was just IVF and it either worked or it didn't. I had no idea so much trial and error could be involved for some of us!

Hey, :) *waves*

I am on the long protocol. I will be having endometrial scratch on 5th Nov, and start Stims around 18th Nov for retrieval early December.

Good luck :) xx

Hi baby! Looks like 3rd time lucky for both of us hopefully!! Are you on the pill now? Love your profile pic/avatar! x

mrsw11 yes I have polycytic ovaries so my cycles can be very long and I don't always ovulate... Really hoping I'm not waiting for too long so I can get started!!!

I've heard a lot about being over suppressed! Have they given you any idea what they will do this time?

Thanks for keeping me company :)

babydancing13 :hi: I see you've had two FETs- what grade embryos were they??

I hope this cycle will be your perfect cycle and you get your bfp :hugs:

Hi baby! Looks like 3rd time lucky for both of us hopefully!! Are you on the pill now? Love your profile pic/avatar! x

Hi Mrs W, Let's hope so! I start Norethisterone on 11th of October - this Sunday. I hate it, but it has to be done. :dohh: x

mrsw11 yes I have polycytic ovaries so my cycles can be very long and I don't always ovulate... Really hoping I'm not waiting for too long so I can get started!!!

I've heard a lot about being over suppressed! Have they given you any idea what they will do this time?

Thanks for keeping me company :)

babydancing13 :hi: I see you've had two FETs- what grade embryos were they??

I hope this cycle will be your perfect cycle and you get your bfp :hugs:

Hi, :flower:

My first FET we transferred 4AB & 2AC - early loss
Second FET - 4BC & 2AC - BFN.

My first IVF fresh transfer it was a 5AA blastocyst and BFN.
If this cycle is rubbis/Fails, we will consider donor eggs next. Good luck with your cycle. x:hugs:

Baby - Do you have male factor as well as I noticed you have been having icsi? Do they think there is a reason that egg quality might be an issue? My egg quality doesn't seem good so same, we will consider donor eggs too.

Scerena - I don't know that much about pcos, is that the reason for your infetility? I'm the opposite, low amh so not enough eggs.

Not sure on protocol plans for next cycle yet, I haven't had a treatment plan. Want to get started so it all feels real!!

What are you ladies up to today, working? X

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining you :)

Bit of background I'm 35 o/h 41, I have a 15yr old from a previous relationship. After many years trying we had investigations and it was found I have secondary infertility (blocked tubes). After several surgeries and losses and a ruptured ectopic we resorted to private Ivf. That first cycle failed but we were lucky enough to get 11 blastocysts to freeze. We have done 2 FET's also, the 2nd one resulting in our 23 month old daughter who is our absolute world. We have 3 blastocysts left and have been held back from using them due to lack of money but my parents have just given us the money to use them. We have our consultation on the 14th of this month. Can't wait to get started but I will be at the wrong point in my cycle, we will be doing a medicated FET so it will be November when I start injecting etc.

(I'm Claire by the way)

Hi Claire, welcome!! Sorry to hear about your secondary infertility but I'm glad your fet worked and an excellent number of frosties you got from your cycle!! Wishing you lots of luck with your next fet, will you transfer one or more? X

claire :hi: I have a 20month old (from ICSI) so similar in age! About to do our first FET! I'm too doing a medicated FET but no needles- just nasal spray, estrogen tablets and progesterone.

mrsw11 yes that's the reason for my infertility, I've had ovarian drilling, lap and dye, clomid cycles, Menopur cycles, then I was lucky enough to fall on the first ICSI cycle :)

Bet you can't wait to find out your plan as it makes it feel more real doesn't it!!

babydancing13 you had really good embryos! I really hope this cycle will be your cycle :hugs:

Hi ladies, I'd like to join.

I'm 36 and have blocked tubes from an infection in my twenties. We started ttc in 2013 but a lap and dye confirmed the worst. I was supposed to start IVF in September but they found a 4cm cyst on my ovary so cancelled that cycle. I had another scan today and it has shrunk to 18mm :) so I get to start early November using long protocol. I'm a little anxious so will be good to share the journey with you all :)

Welcome Asterimou! Sounds like you've quite a journey already, it must have been disappointing to find the cyst but brilliant news that its shrunk and you are ready to go! A few of us here have done IVF/ICSI before so if you have any questions ask away!

Scerena - ovarian drilling always sounds painful to me, I think its the drilling bit! What does it do? I'm sure you'll be lucky again with your fet.

Hurry up November, I hate wishing time away but I just want to get on with it now! x

Thanks Mrs W. One thing I did want to ask is how emotional did you all get during the IVF cycle? Is there certain parts that are worse than others? I have a pretty intense job and am worried about bursting into tears in front of colleagues. I have a few days annual leave I could take and I also work at home a fair bit. Would be good to know if you recommend any times to stear clear of the office?

Hi Ladies, I am starting my first FET which should result in my transfer on November 10th. Prior I have had 2 unsuccessful IVFs, my first I was on antagonist protocol with only BCPs as down regulation. This caused me to be over suppressed believe it or not so for this last IVF they added Menapur and didn't down regulate me at all. I produced much more the second time and managed to have a chemical pregnancy. So I am going to be trying my FET in the hopes that I will get my forever baby!

Good luck to us all!

Thanks Mrs W. One thing I did want to ask is how emotional did you all get during the IVF cycle? Is there certain parts that are worse than others? I have a pretty intense job and am worried about bursting into tears in front of colleagues. I have a few days annual leave I could take and I also work at home a fair bit. Would be good to know if you recommend any times to stear clear of the office?

I did pretty well on the stim drugs and didn't get emotional, however, during the TWW and on the progesterone....I was a nightmare. I was very weepy and depressed. Though I think a part of me knew it didn't work. I would definitely take some time off after the transfer if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->