IVF question

Mrs. Atole

Reaction score
Hey ladies
i had a question, have any of you taken the treatment ( meds) for IVF and ended up preg without doing the procedure it's self ?

Sometimes injectable meds (the same ones used in IVF) are used for other procedures such as IUI. However, because your goal is to make lots of eggs in IVF, you will only use the meds and the IVF doses for the IVF procedure.

Does this help??

i want to know if anyone has gotten preg on the meds and didnt have to do the procedure. ( weird question but i wanted to ask)

I can't say that I know anyone who has but it is quite possible depending on your situation. Normally we release one egg per month. The medication for IVF causes you to release a very large number of eggs. Even if you don't do IVF those eggs will still be released and you can get pregnant.

The only hesitation I have is the fact that a person would be doing an IVF because they can't get pregnant any other way ie. IUI. If you require he sperm and egg to be matched through IVF then having more eggs released in your cycle may not make a difference.

Technically, no, you can't. Youre on suppressants and stimulants until you O, so as to produce big, healthy follicles in abundance. When the RE says your follies are big enough they do a trigger shot, and 12-36 hours later go in for retrieval. They'll have collected your eggs directly from the follies. Sperm won't even get access to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->