Ivf @ st Mary's December onwards st marys info and phone# on 1st page

wanabeamama

Reaction score
I'm trying to find some IVF buddies that are going to st Mary's Manchester, I'm just waiting for our first consultation appointment we sent our forms about a week ago but I have no idea how long it will be until they send our appointment.
I'm so scared of the process eg the needles, the emotional

Appointments
Name Laura aka Wanabeamama
Stage 5 endometriosis oh 1% morphology
1st IVF consultation 21st June
Icsi#1 5 eggs collected 2 fertilised 2 put back on day 2 :bfn:
ICSI #2 12week down reg with prostap stimming starts 4th march 2013

Emma aka MrsMonkey10
REASON FOR IVF/ICSI: unexplained I think, no major problems identified
NEXT APPOINTMENT DATE AND WHAT FOR: 7th feb needle teach IVF STARTS WOOO
PROTCOL IF KNOW Long protocol with ICSI
OUT COME: not started yet xx
Jo17
Next appointment August

Louise aka lucylou
REASON FOR IVF/ICSI - NTNP for 1 year and ttc for 2 years - unexplained fertility OH low morphology*
NEXT APPOINTMENT DATE AND WHAT FOR - app 8 January bloods then 10th January bloods and scan
PROTCOL IF KNOW long protocol
OUT COME - 1st IVF did not make transfer eggs abnormal and immature 2nd IVF hoping for a BIG FAT BFP :)*

Spidergirl
June icsi :bfn: :cry:

Tan (Aka bernardblack)
REASON FOR IVF/ICSI: TTC over 2 years. 2 miscarriages (on clomid),clomid and hcg injection failed. This is the next step. 4cm Endometrioma on left ovary.
NEXT APPOINTMENT DATE AND WHAT FOR: 15th Jan (consultation to go over my treatment plan)
PROTCOL IF KNOW
OUT COME: Dont know yet

Jo aka jojo27
ivf Ntnp for around 2 years
REASON FOR IVF Azoospermia
NEXT APPOINTMENT Op hopefully 28 jan
PROTOCOL unknown yet
OUTCOME unknown

skinnyminny2
REASON FOR IVF/ICSI-TTC for 2 1/2 years with no luck. Referred to St Mary's Feb 2012. Referred for IVF Oct 2012. Not actually sure what problem is no one has actually told us we think its both as they wouldn't give us clomid. Scan and bloods Dec 2012.
NEXT APPOINTMENT DATE AND WHAT FOR-waiting for consultation letter.
PROTCOL IF KNOW*
OUT COME[/QUOTE]

laura AKA Laus86
Reason for IVF: TTC for 6 years. Down as unexplained however I suffer from PCOS. Prescribed 6 month course of chlomid 2007 with no success. Lap & dye test dec 10, no issues, prescribed another 6 months of chlomid BFP feb 2010, resulted in ectopic pregnancy march 2010 and loss of right Fallopian tube. Continue on chlomid for a further 8 months after ectopic pregnancy with no luck. Reffered to st marys dec 11.
Next app date and what for: sat 5th jan 2012, bloods &scan ready to start treatment.
Protocol: short protocol
Outcome: not yet known

Kate AKA wannaBtheMum
REASON FOR IVF/ICSI- TTC nearly 3yrs, unexplained infertility, clomid for 6 months but no bfp's
Referred for IVF: Sept 2012
NEXT APPOINTMENT DATE AND WHAT FOR- Jan 29th to be told the treatment plan
PROTCOL IF KNOW -don't know yet
OUT COME - fx'd for a bfp by Spring
ST MARY'S INFORMATION

CONTACT NUMBERS
NURSES 0161 276 6209
SEMEN TESTING 0161 276 6494
REQUESTING TREATMENT. 0161 276 6340

EMERGENCY After 4 p.m. and before 8.30 a.m., call wards SM9 or SM10 on
0161 276 6105 or 0161 276 6006.

Before your first consultation
Your first consultation

Female

We need to carry out a blood test on the second day of your menstrual cycle. Call our nurses on 0161 276 6209 the day your next period begins to arrange your test. At this visit we will also send a sample of urine to exclude Chlamydia infection. If Chlamydia infection is detected we will arrange treatment for this before your IVF treatment.

We will measure your height and weight during this visit to ensure that they are within the normal range. If not, we can offer advice and support on how to reach your target but will not proceed with treatment until this is achieved.

Male

We will send you an appointment for a semen test at St Mary’s. You should abstain from ejaculating for 3 to 4 days before your test. When you attend for your semen test, you will be given an appointment for your first medical consultation.

f a semen test is not required we will send you a clinic appointment by post within two weeks of the Waiting List Meeting. If you have not heard from us by then, call us on 0161 276 6494.
Your first consultation

Your first consultation will last for about 60 minutes. We will explain your treatment and complete all the consent forms.

AFTER YOUR FIRST CONSULTATION – and once all your test results are known – you are ready to start treatment.
Starting an IVF treatment cycle

Call us on 0161 276 6340 on the first day of your period (the day you wake up bleeding) when you wish to start treatment. We need to know your name, date of birth and the dates of your last three periods. Call between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. – our answering machine will be on if you call before 9 a.m. If you do not have periods, you will be told when to ring at your first consultation.

You the nurses will call you back within 72 hrs to find out if we can accept you for treatment that month.

We cannot guarantee treatment in any one month, but if we are unable to accept you in a particular month we will try to provide treatment as soon as possible. Acceptance for treatment is dependent on funding from your Primary Care Trust.

AFTER YOUR TESTS YOUR LETTER FOR CONSULTATION USUALLY ARRIVES BETWEEN 5 - 12 weeks
How to prepare your injections (videos)

Glonal-F
https://youtu.be/Nk2Dy6iBSl0
Menopur
https://youtu.be/3UlAM1lsBI4
Pregnyl
https://youtu.be/_q5utFmqnyU

Hi!
We are registered with St Mary's. We have had all of the investigation test & our 1st appointment was supposed to be in November 2011. Unfortunately that was postponed until June this year. I didn't want to wait that long so we had one private appointment with the same consultant, he gave us 6 months of Clomid to try. If that doesn't work we will be seeing him in June at St Mary's for IUI.
Have you had all of the tests done yet, do you know who your consultant is?
St Mary's has a fantastic reputation so I think we are in good hands x

Well we have had all the tests we been refered for ivf because of my severe endometriosis Ive just had my second surgery laparotomy because I had a huge cyst (again) on my left ovary but this time it had stuck to my bowel it was there just 3months after a laparoscopy so my gyne wants the ivf to start ASAP before its back again.

I have no idea who we will be seeing we havnt been to st Mary yet we sent our forms back last Monday so just waiting to get in there now we had all our tests done at our fs at Oldham so that has been sent to them.

Why did they make you wate that much longer? that scares me :(

Oh im sorry i didnt mean to scare you! There wasn't an explanation on the letter, it just said your new appointment is june. We are under Oldham PCT too, the consultant told us you get 3 goes at IVF if your under Oldham so we are lucky in that way!
I don't know how the waiting lists work, maybe it's case by case & you will be seen quicker with your circumstances? x

Oh wow so your in Oldham too? So did dr Aziz or dr Anjum see you at Oldham?

Yep sure am! We didn't go to Oldham hospital for the tests we had them done at St Mary's. Our consultant is Dr Edi-Osagie at st Mary's I wonder if you will get him too? x

Maby :) I might even see you there lol were did you have your laparoscopy?
God I'm so impatient I get really anxious waiting for appointments lol

I had my laparoscopy at the highfield in rochdale. Been to a few different places so far!
Me too I hate waiting, i was devastated when they moved the appointment but I feel much better since I got the Clomid, I feel like we are actually doing something while we wait.
Oooo I hope you get your letter this week! x

Let's hope the comic does the trick :hugs: yeah I hope we get a letter this week too.
Did you have to fill in some form and send passport pics of you and OH? Lol

We had a booking in appointment at St Mary's where they asked about our history etc. and we had to take ID for that. Maybe they do that bit by post now to save time/money.
We are praying the Clomid works too! Hubby is excited about the chance of having twins, whereas I'm scared lol
Have they given you an indication of what treatment you will have? Will it be IUI or IVF
X

Well ivf is our only option he didn't want to mess about with iui as OH's SA was great and we have been ttc for 2years so my gyne wants us to go directly to ivf he said iui is unlikely to work for us and the sooner I'm pregnant the better it's the only way to stop this endo returning :(

We have both said we want 2embryos transferred twins don't scare me as I am a twin and my mum is smaller than me and she did great :) and my OH would love twins it's just the cost that scares me lol

hi
ooo thats good that they realise that its important for you to get pregnant quickly!
my OH's SA is good so i hope (if clomid doesnt work) they dont waste our time with IUI
x

Let's hope theres no more dragging out I'm sat waiting for the postman again lol

Hi ladies, can I join your thread?
I too am under st Mary's with our first consultation on 15th march. I have no idea what to expect.
We had all bloods, SA and scans in October, the nurse told us that we would receive a letter within 12 weeks, we received this in dec, for our 1st consultation for march, I honestly didn't think the wait would be this Long? X

Oh god it's sounds like I'm going to be waiting ages :( oh no now I'm getting anxious :(

Did you fill in forms to post with passport pics ? How long after sending it did you receive your appointment :(

Hi wanabe.
After sending off the form with passport pictures we received a letter within 2 weeks asking for us to call st Mary's to book in to have bloods etc done. It says on the letter to call on the first day of next period, but as I have irregular cycles I called straight away and went down to st Mary's the same week.
I am from Oldham x

I'm from Oldham too :hi: ok so I should hear by the end of this week then I'm so anxious :/
So have you been ttc a long time? X

Fingers crossed that you hear this week!
Ohhhh where abouts u live?
We were more ntnp, it then dawned on us that nothing had happened so DH mentioned it to the doc when he was there for something else. The ball then got rolling from there really x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->