Ivf @ st Mary's December onwards st marys info and phone# on 1st page

hi huni do you mind me asking as to why your having your final cycle somewhere else? ive just had bfn from st marys but i only get 1 more nhs go at this (also there is no way we can afford to pay after this) but im worrying if i should go somewhere else.
i found st marys really good, i can tell its a very very busy clinic and im just worried if they dont change any drugs, doses or protocol should i go somewhere else?
also can i ask when you have 2nd cycle do you have to have the signing appointment again? or do you just go ahead and request after my 3 bleeds? xxxxxxx good luck for your 3rd cycle hun

Hi.just a few questions really. Ive been ttc for 4.5 years but got refused any treatment as overweight. I have since lost 4 stone. I have appt at royal bolton next tuesday, where my doctor seems to think they will send.me straight for ivf at st manchesters. How long does it normally take from first appointment to starting ivf? Ive had ovaries, womb and tubes checked all fine. Thanks in advance xx

Hi Louimum
We decided to move clinics as we tried Long & Short protocol at St Mary's. I got similar numbers of eggs on both & St Mary's said there's nothing new they would try. So we thought it would be best to try somewhere else for our last go rather than repeat the same treatment.
You just wait 3 bleeds & then you can ring & request. We had another needle teach but that's because we changed from long to short protocol. The Dr will review your 1st cycle notes & decide if you need to change protocol.
Thanks hun best of luck to you too
Xx

Hi Kaye
It depends what your situation is. I had tests in feb 2011 & consultant appointment in Nov 2011, but he decided to try us on 6 months of Clomid before referring for IVF as they thought I wasn't ovulating every month. I think every case is different, good luck
Xx

Hi Louimum
We decided to move clinics as we tried Long & Short protocol at St Mary's. I got similar numbers of eggs on both & St Mary's said there's nothing new they would try. So we thought it would be best to try somewhere else for our last go rather than repeat the same treatment.
You just wait 3 bleeds & then you can ring & request. We had another needle teach but that's because we changed from long to short protocol. The Dr will review your 1st cycle notes & decide if you need to change protocol.
Thanks hun best of luck to you too
Xx

thank you for the advice hun, although we had 2 embies to be transferred i am hoping that they might change my protocol just so i feel like something different is being done and hopefully result in my bfp. does the bfn ever get any easier??? this infertility sucks xxx good luck to your 3rd go

Hi
hope you don't mind me chipping in... We recently had a failed ICSI cycle at St Marys in October. We only got 3 eggs retrieved and only 1 good grade viable embryo transferred on day 3. Since failing the cycle and the disappointment myself and my hubby have been contemplating changing clinics. We spoke to our doctor who advised that Liverpool is the much better clinic as they are at the forefront with all new technologies and procedures The success rates swayed it for me though!! Pregnancy success for under 35 was just over 20% for St Marys and over 50% for Liverpool. I think that if I was paying for it I wouldn't think twice and would go where the odds were in my favour!! I know that stats aren't everything but they are there.
I do feel that this is definitely the right and positive move for us. I contacted Liverpool and they said transferring NHS funding should be relatively quick. So I am ready for a fresh start with new expertise and am hoping that we might just get lucky soon. I think you need to go with your gut... If you are happy where you are stay, but don't be afraid to change if that is what you want to do x

Louimum I found the 2nd BFN easier to cope with than the 1st because I knew what to expect, but please don't think your 2nd cycle will fail. Positive thinking all the way please! :0)

Louise it was really quick to transfer funding! I think from when I went to see my GP & then getting the acceptance letter it was 2 weeks. Good luck I hope it's quick for you too

Xx

Hi

Can anyone tell me how long after signing all the paperwork for ivf did it take for the letter to arrive from HEFA. I have to wait for this letter before I can ring up for treatment

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->