Ivf tomorrow

A

addie25

My husband and I do not have fertility problems but we need to do ivf because our first baby was sick and that pregnancy ended 3 months ago. We are carriers for cystic fibrosis and with genetic testing and ivf we will know our next baby will be healthy.

So I got all the shots in the mail today and I am getting a bit nervous. The lupron ( i think it is called) looks like a small needle. But the other ones are huge!!! The boxes said to put everything in the fridge so I DID but not sure everything is supposed to go in the fridge bc some were not with ice packs??? I dont know I just put it all in to be safe.

Here is a pic of the needle. Have u had one like this? And when did you use it after you were pregnant? I hear you have to take a large shot when your pregnant for a bit to keep the pregnancy going well. Thanks for reading and sharing your experience. It just seems like I go sent 70 shots. I am guessing I do not have to use all of that????
ivf.jpg

You can look up storage conditions for products online at the pharmaceutical companies website. As I work for a company that makes drugs that are similar to the fertility ones most require refrigeration.

Not sure about your dosing or the needles , best to check with the clinic! And if your drugs are not liquid, but a powder, the needles used to reconstitute the product to make it a liquid are a lot bigger than the one you will use when injecting yourself.

Thanks for the reply! I think most r liquid but I didn't look in some of thR boxes. I am just going to bring them all in to my doctor tomorrow and ask for detailed instructions. It will make me less nervous if he sees what thR pharmacy sent me and tells me what to do with them as it's my first time. I'm still a bit nervous.

It is ok to be nervous! I am a nurse and when I got my box I almost cried as it was so overwhelming. You will soon be a pro at this. Each med should have the storage noted on the side of the box. Follistim needs to be refrigerated for example where menopur does not as it is a powder and you will mix it before it is given. I think taking the box with you tomorrow is a great idea. I went to my shot class and did not start stimming for several days and I had a hard time remembering. I would take notes too if they don't give you a hand out. Good luck! You will do great.

Is it the powder Lupron or liquid? Because I have the powder and it has to be stored at 60-77 degrees fahrenheit

It is liquid that box says to keep cold so that's in there. I'm just taking eryhing and having him tell me what to do. I start with lupron so worst cAse ifthe rest were not supposed to be in fridge n it's not good he will just order more but box said fridge so I think it's ok :)

I dont know very much about all this but i just wanted to say best of luck with the ivf

Hey Addie, I hope everything went well.

I would check each box individually. As it turns out, none of mine needed refridgeration. I saw a lot of post talking about this and I got nervous and had to check all of mine!:dohh: But do check because like Mibebe said, if they are meant to stay at 66-77 etc, fridge will be too cold. We had a few hot days over 80F here and I was getting paranoid before we had our air on! FS said it was okay, but still had them on the fan!:haha:
My advice as for not getting overwhelmed at the quantity: Just take out one thing at a time when you need it. Set the rest aside. You will got through them eventually! I did write down the order and a rough idea of when I would be using them, just to have a general idea in my head. Didn't matter though as they will tell you as you go. And dosage can change too. It does look like a ton of needles right? I had to make my menopur and bravelle very concentrated so even though they supplied a needle for each vial, I only needed one per 4. Don't worry, you will be just fine!! As for the Lupron, I had to do that one right before I started the cycle to shut down the system so they could control the hormones when they wanted. It came in a single dose syringe that you push together to mix. I didn't use the whole dose though and had to squirt some out.
Good luck, and ask any questions as you go! A lot of us have done this a few times so can probably help!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"