IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMH level back!!! 18 - think that's normal. So fingers crossed start down reg 10th May. Today is day 1 (last cycle was 61 days so can't wait another whole cycle).

Woo Hoooooooo!

Ali xx

Oneof14 ~ welcome!!

S08 ~ I didn't notice that you asked about the meds that I would be taking. He's having me start gonal-f and menopur on Sunday and I think I start ganirelix a few days after that. I'm really excited and nervous!!

Bluestorm ~ Yay for getting your schedule! It really helps to know when everything will happen. I felt so lost and confused until I got mine and then everything made so much more sense.

TTB ~ my DH's counts are excellent and morphology is considered good at 13% but the motility is 23% and moving a little slow. My RE said that with the IUI's the sperm hyperactivated pretty well and moved pretty fast after the wash but he suggested ICSI as a precaution. I really don't know if I'm gonna be doing ICSI or not.

Hi all, can I join? We took the decision last month to go for ivf after 3 years of ttc, it's all moved very quickly since then and my egg collection is booked for 6th June!!
It's all happened so much quicker than I expected, we are very lucky in where we live, no waiting list for nhs treatment!
One thing that is concerning me, I've been given my programme of what to do when in terms if the meds, but it doesn't appear to account for my cycle, and I've just been told what date to start the buserelin, does this sound right, I'm guessing it's ok, but everyone else seems to be starting on a particular cycle date?

Heyyyy ladies!!! Glad to see everthing is coming a long for everyone!!!

I went to the doctors this morning for our sonohystogram and everything came back good. He said the cysts is still there:dohh: but its so little he doesn't see it being a problem. Then we had our IVF class. DH and I learned how to do all the shots. All of my injectibles are being delivered today and we are picking up anything oral tonight. Soooo as of right now here are my following dates of things going on:

Today-Starting Lupron
4/22-Stop BC
4/26-Uterine Mapping
5/4-Baseline Sono and Bloodwork and possibly starting Stims if everything is a-ok.

They said we are looking for retrival somewhere around the 16/17/18 (Only a month away). Then they will decide on a 3-5 day transfer and then transfer and 2 weeks later I go in for my beta. So fingers crossed in a little over a month I'll be a mommy!!!:baby::baby::baby:

Only thing that was a little disheartening today was they said they were going to freeze the embryos and I wasnt aware how much that cost. Its another $1800...that I'm not sure we can cough up in a month. You don't have to have the embryos frozen do you?

Haj that is great news!!!! WOOHOO! You dont have to freeze the embroyos, but should the IVF not work, they can use the frozen ones during a cycle instead of doing a fresh cycle. Hope that helps!

Haj that is great news!!!! WOOHOO! You dont have to freeze the embroyos, but should the IVF not work, they can use the frozen ones during a cycle instead of doing a fresh cycle. Hope that helps!

Thanks Love!!:hugs: Yup, I knew that I just didnt know if you HAD to. Trust me I would rather do that I just dont know if we will be able to save the other $1800 in enough time.

Hi oneof14 and smileykez!

Smileykez - you are so lucky, where I live (NE Scotland) it's a 2 year wait for NHS treatment so we are self funding.

AMH level is high (spoke with them on the phone) so will be on a short protocol. What cd do stims start?? I was all set for a long protocol with down reg but looks like I'll be missing that part out.

Seems like this thread has picked up pace! VERY exciting!!!!

Ali :flower:

Thank Haj, I am glad everything worked out with you insurance. I've been reading your blog and you remind me so much of myself, with the stressing out and impatientance. I can totally relate. I hope you get you BFP with IVF!!!

Thank Haj, I am glad everything worked out with you insurance. I've been reading your blog and you remind me so much of myself, with the stressing out and impatientance. I can totally relate. I hope you get you BFP with IVF!!!

Thanks love!!! Do you have any dates of when you are going in for anything?

I have my IVF class and sono on May 1st. We will get started when I get AF in May, assuming everthing is good to go.

What clinic are you going to? My friend is doing IVF too, I think she is going to East Coast in Plainview.

I have my IVF class and sono on May 1st. We will get started when I get AF in May, assuming everthing is good to go.

What clinic are you going to? My friend is doing IVF too, I think she is going to East Coast in Plainview.

We just did our class this morning. Yayy thats so exciting!!!:thumbup:

I'm going to gold coast fertility in Syosset. We were actually deciding between gold coast and east coast but gold coast had a little higher stats so we went to check it out and i fellin love with everyone there.

She did 2 IVF's at some other clinc in Mineola, I forgot the name and then decided on East Coast. How was the class? Our class is from 8-3, seems like a lot of info. I feel like I would be very confused.

She did 2 IVF's at some other clinc in Mineola, I forgot the name and then decided on East Coast. How was the class? Our class is from 8-3, seems like a lot of info. I feel like I would be very confused.

Yeah honestll doing research that one in mineola has like 20% lower rates then the other 3 on Long Island. Our class was only an hour and a half and it was with one other couple. That sounds like a long day. Well they gave us all the paperwork they went over to go home with and showed us how to do all th different types of shots and gave us our upcoming schedule of things to do.

Really, I think the only reason she went there initally was because her sister went there. But she is moving on the East Coast.

That's exciting and again, I am so happy everything worked-out for you in terms of insurance!

Haj ~ Your clinic charges a lot for the freezing.. My clinic only charges $700. If I were you I would ask how much they charge for a frozen cycle because even with the cost of freezing it would probably be much cheaper than doing another fresh cycle. My clinic charges $3500 for a frozen cycle so if I add the cost of freezing it would total to $4200 which is less than half the cost of a fresh cycle if we end up needing another try at it. I already got the 2 fresh cycle package but I will be freezing embryos so that it would give us a 3rd try at it if needed. I'm currently in a similar limbo as you but for me the decision is whether to do ICSI or not. Good luck and I hope it works on the 1st cycle for all of us.

Daisy ~ What was your AMH level? Mine was high too. Do they base their decision on whether to do long or short protocol on the AMH level? I'm also doing the short protocol. I start gonal-f and menopur on Sunday. I guess I'll be a little ahead of you so if you have any questions about it send them my way.

Welcom oneof14 and smileykez :flower:

Haj- great to hear that you have your schedule and your class went well. So exciting. About freezing any left over embies. I think ours charges around the same and it is going to be hard for us as well. I would suggest that you try to do it if possible, maybe put it on a zero interest credit card and pay it off within a year or whenever they start charging interest. The reason I say that is if for some reason your first cycle does not work it sounds so much easier to just have to do a FET then start a whole cycle again. Plus remember most insurance companies only allow 4 retrievals per lifetime. So check out your insurance to see how many you get per lifetime, that could change your mind also. I know it's so expensive but in the long run might be worth it. I am in the same boat as you so I totally hear where you are coming from :dohh:

Really, I think the only reason she went there initally was because her sister went there. But she is moving on the East Coast.

That's exciting and again, I am so happy everything worked-out for you in terms of insurance!

Yeah, i mean thats just the research i found. but i hear that east coast is really good to. Those were the too I was deciding between.

I know me to i was literally a wreck!!!:cry:

Haj ~ Your clinic charges a lot for the freezing.. My clinic only charges $700. If I were you I would ask how much they charge for a frozen cycle because even with the cost of freezing it would probably be much cheaper than doing another fresh cycle. My clinic charges $3500 for a frozen cycle so if I add the cost of freezing it would total to $4200 which is less than half the cost of a fresh cycle if we end up needing another try at it. I already got the 2 fresh cycle package but I will be freezing embryos so that it would give us a 3rd try at it if needed. I'm currently in a similar limbo as you but for me the decision is whether to do ICSI or not. Good luck and I hope it works on the 1st cycle for all of us.

Daisy ~ What was your AMH level? Mine was high too. Do they base their decision on whether to do long or short protocol on the AMH level? I'm also doing the short protocol. I start gonal-f and menopur on Sunday. I guess I'll be a little ahead of you so if you have any questions about it send them my way.

Heres the thing my insurance cover 75% of it so what we pay out of pocket including meds is like $2200...sooo we would be paying the $1800 plus we would still have to pay for the transfer...so i feel like it would equal out...if not actually be more. I dont knnow. I have to get the paperwork from the place were getting the retrival/transfer from with all the prices.

Welcom oneof14 and smileykez :flower:

Haj- great to hear that you have your schedule and your class went well. So exciting. About freezing any left over embies. I think ours charges around the same and it is going to be hard for us as well. I would suggest that you try to do it if possible, maybe put it on a zero interest credit card and pay it off within a year or whenever they start charging interest. The reason I say that is if for some reason your first cycle does not work it sounds so much easier to just have to do a FET then start a whole cycle again. Plus remember most insurance companies only allow 4 retrievals per lifetime. So check out your insurance to see how many you get per lifetime, that could change your mind also. I know it's so expensive but in the long run might be worth it. I am in the same boat as you so I totally hear where you are coming from :dohh:

Thanks hun!!! Thats an idea. Ok see me insurance allows 3 cycles in your lifetime. If they don't do a retrival, does it not count as a cycle. I mean if thats the case we will 150% fingure something out

Yes, insurance companies dont usually count an FET as a retrieval :) thats why it pays to get them frozen if you can!

Yes, insurance companies dont usually count an FET as a retrieval :) thats why it pays to get them frozen if you can!

good to know. im definitely going to give them a call right now and ill let you guys know what they say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"