IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the list of questions I started, I am waiting for Springy to add more in my journal and then i will post them.

Questions to ask:

What is the difference between long and short protocol?

Will I be put on BCP before we start?

How can we make sure I don't get OHSS?

Will I be put on any bed rest after the transfer and how much time should I plan of taking off from work?

Is there anything I should start to do to get my body prepared for IVF? (diet changes, suppliments, ect)

ICIS vs Natural fertilization?

How many embryos will we be transferring back?

3 day vs 5 day transfer?

Will you be perfomming the collection and transfer or will it be a different re?

Hey ladies, yes it as a bad way to find out my FS was away. I'm looking forward to going to this appointment.

JDH I'm just finishing up a 2ww. A natural BFP would be so nice. I hope that the 2ww is good to you and you come out of it with a little miracle! I know the feeling of being a realist which is why I don't hold much hope out for myself during my 2ww.

Smile I think we all have a little bit of a wait ahead of us.

Its so hard sometimes to think that just the process talks so long, ya know? I mean we all have been trying and trying.....I know in my heart and I have faith we will ALL get pregnant.

my gosh i hope we all do get pg

is anyone here from the uk~?
x

Its so hard sometimes to think that just the process talks so long, ya know? I mean we all have been trying and trying.....I know in my heart and I have faith we will ALL get pregnant.

It is hard sometimes but just think... once we get started everything will go by so fast. You are tight we will all get pregnant and then we will all move on to be bump buddies together! :thumbup:

Yes! Hopefully we will all be prego by Sept. Thats what I have dubbed my "freak out" month....hahahaha

Hi ladies I think it's time I jump in here as well. DH and I went to the RE for the first time Tuesday and he was actually really nice to us. he addressed all my questions and concerns. He did a sono and he did some bloodwork. the bloodwork was an hcg (to see if I'm pregnant. (Which I wasn't.), pregesterone, and he did genetics testing. which pretty much was to see if i was a carrier for anything....cystic fibrosis...something like that. He's sent DH in for some bloodwork Wednesday. I have to go to a lab for some bloodwork tomorrow. AF showed up yesterday and I got bloods in the office today. He says he feels with DH's morphology and what not surgery really wouldnt help and he thinks we will have to do IVF. but he said he doesnt want to make any guesses like other ppl have been doing. he wants to know exactly what is wrong. he seemed like he genuinely wanted to help and like he was tailoring a plan specifically for us which was great. he wasnt like this is the first step i take with everyone then the second.I have to get blood work againbetween days 21-24 of my cycle. He told us he cant see why we wouldnt be pregnant within 6 months. But he wants to see exactly what all the bloodwork says first. He suggested we skip IUI this month, so pretty much we'll be taking the next month off from ttc. He told us we should have all of our bloodwork back within 2 weeks so we can see what that all says and go from there. Dh's insurance covers 3 IVF's in your lifetime. They cover 75% so we are responsible for 25% of it. Having only 3 in my entire life makes me very nervous but fingers crossed we can get a sticky bean on the first try!!! So as of right now we're just waiting to get back all our blood work results and then we'll take it from there.

Welcome Haj - Happy and sad at the same time to see you over here. I"m glad you are seeing a new re who sounds like he really wants to do what is best for you and help you to get your BFP :happydance:

AFM - I think I just got bad news about my consult. I emailed the financial person just to make sure my insurance was going to cover the consult. I didn't really think about it before but then I got to thinking is my current insurance going to cover the IVF consult if they don't cover any infertility? They covered my initial visits b\c they cover diagnosis of infertility. So anyway she pretty much told me she isn't sure but if they don't cover they will balance bill me $450 for the consult. What?? I am not paying another $450after all the money we have spent there for IUI's. It should be covered as a f\u to our IUI's which we have already paid $4800 for :growlmad:

I asked her to call and check with my insurance so I will update when I know what is going on. Ughh this was the only thing that I had to look forward to and it will really suck if I can't go. Sorry had to vent it out!

Thanks Blue:flower:

Oh no, that sucks. Hopefully thats not the case and you wont have to lay anymore out of pocket.

A few more questions thanks to Springy -

1) Medication / sedation used for retrieval?

2) Type of freezing used on embryo's (i.e. fast freeze vitrification vs. slow freeze)

3) How many eggs do they typically look for?

Ok I just got off the phone with my insurance company and they do cover the consult. At least they cover the 2 codes my re office gave me so hopefully those are the only 2 codes they are going to bill. Anyway I feel much better now :happydance:

Oh I also just joined an infertility support group in my area. I never knew they existed but I looked online and there are a few around where I live. It's just peer lead so not professional or anything but the next one is 3/18 so I will be attending that. Hopefully it will be a good place to let things out and meet some people with the same issues. Same as here but face to face

Hi ladies I think it's time I jump in here as well. DH and I went to the RE for the first time Tuesday and he was actually really nice to us. he addressed all my questions and concerns. He did a sono and he did some bloodwork. the bloodwork was an hcg (to see if I'm pregnant. (Which I wasn't.), pregesterone, and he did genetics testing. which pretty much was to see if i was a carrier for anything....cystic fibrosis...something like that. He's sent DH in for some bloodwork Wednesday. I have to go to a lab for some bloodwork tomorrow. AF showed up yesterday and I got bloods in the office today. He says he feels with DH's morphology and what not surgery really wouldnt help and he thinks we will have to do IVF. but he said he doesnt want to make any guesses like other ppl have been doing. he wants to know exactly what is wrong. he seemed like he genuinely wanted to help and like he was tailoring a plan specifically for us which was great. he wasnt like this is the first step i take with everyone then the second.I have to get blood work againbetween days 21-24 of my cycle. He told us he cant see why we wouldnt be pregnant within 6 months. But he wants to see exactly what all the bloodwork says first. He suggested we skip IUI this month, so pretty much we'll be taking the next month off from ttc. He told us we should have all of our bloodwork back within 2 weeks so we can see what that all says and go from there. Dh's insurance covers 3 IVF's in your lifetime. They cover 75% so we are responsible for 25% of it. Having only 3 in my entire life makes me very nervous but fingers crossed we can get a sticky bean on the first try!!! So as of right now we're just waiting to get back all our blood work results and then we'll take it from there.

Welcome Haj! :hi:

Sorry to see you over here but it is always nice to add more to the group for more support. I hope that your RE can help you figure out whats going on and help you guys out. I will add you to the front page. Do you know when your next appointment is?

Ok I just got off the phone with my insurance company and they do cover the consult. At least they cover the 2 codes my re office gave me so hopefully those are the only 2 codes they are going to bill. Anyway I feel much better now :happydance:

Oh I also just joined an infertility support group in my area. I never knew they existed but I looked online and there are a few around where I live. It's just peer lead so not professional or anything but the next one is 3/18 so I will be attending that. Hopefully it will be a good place to let things out and meet some people with the same issues. Same as here but face to face

I'm so glad they cover it. I was about to reply to your other post and I felt so sad that you were going to have to hold off on this. :happydance: That they will at least cover some of the first appointment!! Oh and the questions you added from Springy are great thanks!!

Sorry to see you over here but it is always nice to add more to the group for more support. I hope that your RE can help you figure out whats going on and help you guys out. I will add you to the front page. Do you know when your next appointment is?

I'm so glad they cover it. I was about to reply to your other post and I felt so sad that you were going to have to hold off on this. :happydance: That they will at least cover some of the first appointment!! Oh and the questions you added from Springy are great thanks!!

Thanks Hun!!!:flower: Nope, right now I'm just waiting on bloodwork.

Just got off the phone with the RE's office. I had told them a while ago when I was originally diagnosed with PCOS that they had told me when they got my blood work back that I had a high blood clot rate. So they tacked on some other blood work for tomorrow. They also uped my dosage of Metformin. I was on 750mg once a day and they told me they want me taking it twice a day now.

2) Type of freezing used on embryo's (i.e. fast freeze vitrification vs. slow freeze)

Wait what is the difference between fast freeze and slow freeze?

Also, how did you find the support group? I could use one!

I think we should complile one big sheet of questions we could all use.

Thank you I was freaking out!

Wait what is the difference between fast freeze and slow freeze?

I have no idea what the difference is so I'm thankful we now have this question!

Also, how did you find the support group? I could use one!

I have no idea what the difference is so I'm thankful we now have this question!

I found the support group on this website and then click on support and services and then support groups

I think we should complile one big sheet of questions we could all use.

I think so too - I am willing to make a list out of the questions we currently have on Monday. Just everyone write any questions you want to add over the weekend and then I will make a big list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back