IVF & Vitamins?

blackclayrose

TTC No.1 - FET OCT 2015
Reaction score
My OH and I are starting our IVF journey in June. We are in the unexplained infertility category mostly (I don't ovulate strong enough,
6 rounds of Clomid 50mg helped but we didn't achieve pregnancy. OH is fine. He has a 13 year old son but has still had SA which was good. We don't know his actual numbers).

I will be starting the pill as soon as AF shows to control my cycles.
I would like to know if it is worth taking vitamins to help with egg quality and hormones before we start our IVF cycle or should I just take a prenatal vitamin and wait to see if Dr advises any vitamins? In the info pack Folic Acid is the only thing recommended.

Any advice or experiences are extremely welcome.

Thanks.

Definitely take folic acid. I took other prenatal vitamins too, as I was willing to do anything and everything possible for success. at the end of the day, It is up to you. I don't know if they helped, but gave me a positive attitude.

Supposedly CoQ10 helps with egg quality and DHEA. I don't know the amounts though. I take 300mg CoQ10 on my own for heath purposes, but I have heard others say their RE recommends higher for egg quality. I doesn't hurt to ask what they recommend and bring your RE suggestions that you might find.

Dr put me on 400 mg of coq10 twice a day and dheA but I had horrible side effects from the dheA so I stopped. Other than that I am taking a prenatal. Hope that helps.

My RE said it takes about 3 months for supplements affect egg quality. So 3 months before IVF he had me start taking
DHEA Micronized
CoQ10
Omega 3
Vitamin D
Prenatal
Vitamin E

Thank you all for your responses. I have an appointment with our ivf nurse on the 23rd of April and will ask what they recommend. I will keep talking a prenatal until then.

Great question! Glad I fond this because I was wondering the same thing. :)

I'm taking dhea and coq10 but anything you take will take 3 months to have any effect on egg quality so it depends on when your ivf is as to wether it's worth it. My supplements have cost a fortune!

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"