ivf with pgd, need your advice on cost uk versus abroad

mandy1971

Reaction score
I am 40yr old feel I need to try IVF with PGS/PGD.
Have a history of 4 miscarriages at 5 weeks and a loss at 17 weeks to downs syndrome, I have no living children.
I live in Glasgow, and am tentatively researching Ivf costs in my area, but am also considering going abroad as I believe it can be alot cheaper. I need to move quick on this I am awaiting immune testing and thrombophillia blood test results from recurrent miscarriage team and on their input before steam rolling into Ivf.
I would be so greatful of any input regarding costs/clinics and your thoughts/experiences of PGS/PGD.
Thanks in advance,
Mandy x

Hi Mandy, sorry for your losses :hugs: My DH and I are about to try IVF w/PGD in August/September. Here in Australia, there are 2 IVF clinics that do IVF w/PGD - IVF Australia and Genea. You will find the costs on there websites, IVF Australia are cheaper and call PGD Advanced Embryo Selection, Genea are about $5,000AUD more. We have spoken to Genea and are about to book an appointment with IVF Australia for May/June.

Hope this info helps..xxx

Sorry to hear about your grief Mandy. But I agree, its a great idea to go for PGD at an advanced age to make sure there aren't any genetic problems with your babies. The prices seem to range from 6,000 Euros to 10,000 Euros in Europe. Heard of a good clinic with reasonable prices and good success rates from a friend. Its in Cyprus and called Dunya IVF. The bonus is they can reveal the gender of the embryo before the transfer as well! The options are so many that its good to perform a search and speak to each clinic to choose the best one for you!

I did Pgd testing on my second ivf after our first cycle failed and they couldn't find any other reason why it failed besides a possible issue with the embryo. I'm now pregnant with a little boy who I am absolutely certain has no chromosomal issues. It's a relief knowing that after all of my work I put into the ivf cycle, my miscarriage risk has been lowered. I would definitely recommend going through with the testing. I also recommend asking about a procedure called endo scratch biopsy. I also had it done this time around. The science behind it is the manipulation of the lining causes it to go into repair mode and makes it stronger and more inviting for the embryo. Very painful, but worth it!

Sorry you are going through this. Here is NGS PGS price invictaclinics com/infertility-treatment/ivf-programs/comparison-of-ivf-programs/, top rated in Poland. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->