Jack William Padgham 13/04/09

Rach276

Reaction score
The best day of my life hands down.

Its abit long lol

On Sunday the 12th I was getting loads of watery discharge and thought it may be my waters leaking. OH went off to his driving lesson at half 9 and when he came back I was getting mild period pains in my tummy and back. After about an hour they had all gone so I thought nothing of it.

Went about as normal, tidied and cleaned the house and made a sunday roast. I was really off my food and diddnt feel 'right'. After dinner we sat down and I had a pain in my tummy and back that felt like my body was being squeezed. This was about 5pm and I carried on getting irregular pains. I went up to the loo at 6:30 ish and had some green discharge and I thought this isnt right so posted on here about it lol. I decided to ring the hospital to see what they thought. It took me an hour and a half to get through because no one was answering the phone! Had a shower in the meantime then eventually got through to the labour ward. The midwife told me to come in and bring my bag, so off we went in a taxi lol.

When we got there it was 9pm and they were handing over to the night staff so we sat in the assesment room for what seemd like ages. I started crying my eyes out and told Andy I wanted to go home becuase I was scared and that Jack could stay in there forever lol :dohh:. A Midwife eventually came in and took my BP and put me on to the monitors. She looked at my pad and said that the discharge was Jacks menconium and it was grade 2. She did an internal and said I was between 1 and 2 cms and my hind waters had gone. She broke my water totally and said that Jack was on his way. I was told that I was at higher risk of having a section because sometimes babies empty their bowels if they are distressed.

I was moved into a delivery room and they put a saline drip into my left hand, which bloody hurt! I had my BP taken and my pulse moniterd because it was abit high on admitance. The monitor that was watching Jack went abit funny and they said if it happens again they will need to get him out sooner rather then later. After about half an hour my contractions were still very irregular so they put something in my drip to hurry it up. Andy went to go and get something to eat and I was left watching Abba the movie lol!!! The consultant came in and explained that I was higher risk of having a section and did I understand the process etc.

Andy came back and then suddenly the Midwife and the Studant midwife were looking concernd over the monitor results. The next thing I know is the room is filling with staff and im being stripped naked and changed into a gown and my jewlerrys all coming off. I started crying my eyes out because I was so scared that Jack wasnt going to be ok. They wheeled me straight down to theatre and stripped me again. There must of been atleast 10 people in the room and I was given an oxygen mask. I was by this point shaking uncontrollably and crying my eyes out. A midwife held my hand as I had an injection and they fiddled around with my drip. I kept looking for Andy and was told he couldnt come in because I needed to be put to sleep. I was then worried that they wouldnt put me to sleep properly. They put some stuff on my tummy and a man said I would feel a funny presure on my neck. The funny presure is the last thing I remember. Jack was born at 12:16am on the Monday and weighed 5lb9oz and measured 48.5cms.

I remember someone saying that Jack was here and he was healthy and seeing these shinny eyes looking at me. I was out of it and went back to sleep. Andy said that I kept asking if Jack was ok and saying he was beautiful. I remember someone asking me if I wanted to feed him and I responded with a grunt so they said did I want Andy to feed him and I said ye. So then they asked if Cow and Gate was ok. I was SO out of it though.

I kept waking up and everyone kept telling me to go back to sleep and Andy said I kept trying to pull my mask off lol. I remember him saying he had to go home. I was so tired but I just wanted my baby so I fought to wake up and was passed Jack. I kept having to ask how much he weighed and what time he was born because I kept forgetting. I was so drowsy and was repeating myself lol. I forgot the student midwifes name so I just kept calling her Midwife lol. We went up to the maternity ward at 3:10am.

We had to stay in on the monday and tuesday nights aswell and I HATED the hospital. I felt so alone there and just wanted to come home with my beautiful baby.

Jacks doing fine now and im still on cloud 9. I never have felt love like it. Hes my little Angel.

Sorry if this doesnt make sence or is abit rambly lol.

Heres my little Prince. Not much fits him at the mo because hes so tiny. Newborns big lol. Im so proud of him.

Photo-0045.jpg

The first picture of him, hes little hats fallen off lol.

IMGP0253.jpg

Cuddles with Daddy

IMGP0342.jpg

My little man

Congratulations! Really glad everything's alright after what sounds like a very stressful experience. He looks super!

Congratulations he is totally gorgeous well done hun! x

Congrats hun! He is so cute! Didn't read the whole story, sorry, but promise I will when we're home xx

Glad everything was ok in the end , congrats sooo beautiful and tiny! lol x x

He is SO gorgeous, congrats and what a dramatic entrance. x

Well hunny he is just lovely!! Hope youre feeling ok now! :) :hugs:

Congratulations he's gorgeous, glad he's safe and well xx

Congrartulations he is totally gorgeous! glad you are both home and well after all the dramatics! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->